Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Thats a really good point Lainy....the night before I was out with my sister and I had two glasses of red wine AND I treated myself to a small slice of Lemon Tart with some sorbet, haaamzing! But I guess it was the sugar high of the night before and the crash the next morning with dehydration. I think it's great that now as opposed to before I think about why I feel/eat the way I do where before I would have munched all round me!

I got the Linessa one as well because you said it was great for the points etc but I think for the extra couple of points I'm going to try that one for the extra kick of flavour and texture. Goes great as a sauce for pasta and really creamy. Almost feels like it should be more than it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

It seems like there has just been one birthday after another in the office this month!! One cake after another around :D

Managed to decline yet another slice today, even though I really felt like giving in. Someone in the office determined to sabotage though, trying to make me feel silly for not having some.

Anyone else encounter people like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

just figured out what I'm going to do with my courgettes and mint :D

this sounds delish!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salad-recipes/courgette-salad-with-mint-garlic-red-chi

been meaning to get a griddle pan for ages. will be passing argos tomorrow :) so will pick one up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

lizlemon wrote: »
    It seems like there has just been one birthday after another in the office this month!! One cake after another around :D

Managed to decline yet another slice today, even though I really felt like giving in. Someone in the office determined to sabotage though, trying to make me feel silly for not having some.

Anyone else encounter people like this?

They're called "feeders". there's an article about all the different types of them in this month's weightwatchers magazine. Also loads of good recipes. And this really cool fitness weekend away which I read about - www.fitnessfiesta.com. It's in the UK so would have to get cheap flights over but it looks like a laugh and you could try out loads of different classes over the weekend and see if any of them are your cup of tea. I'm personally a bit of a variety kind of girl so think it would be a laugh.

Yep.....Defiantely upping my protein works for me! Its going to cost me a small fortune in chicken! LOL

Dinner:

50g Lemon & Corriander Cous Cous 5pp

2 Large Chicken Breasts (appros 350g) 9pp
    Courgette & White Onion

Salad:
    Baby leaf lettuce,
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Cucumber
    Gerkins
    Red Onion
    0pp

Diced the chicken, fried it in some frylite in pan, added finely diced white onion, then grated half the courgette in to the chicken,

Made up the cous cous...ready made -just add water kinda thing

So big plate of salad...mixed in the cous cous, it didnt need any dressing cos the cous cous was a lovely sweet zingy herby flavour,

then added my two chicken and courgette mixture on top of that....

oh my god....HUGE.....I mean MASSIVE HUGE plate of dinner for 14pp...and they were a good 14pp!

Treated my self to a can of sprite zero with dinner....

And a kinda accident earlier in the day....a cupcake slipped and landed in my mouth 9pp! AAAAAAAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I hate it when food slips around like that....gotta watch those little buggers!! I had Zumba tonight and it was tough but in a great way. I actually laughed through alot of it and an hour flew by I was genuinely annoyed the hour went that quick!! I never thought I could enjoy exercise like that so delighted!

Lainy I increased my protein in dinner tonight as well after yesterday, still keeping carbs and lots of veg and I'm still nicely full now. Happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on goal setting? I started ww the last week in June and since then, I've lost 12 pounds. I'm going into leaving cert in September so I know it'll be difficult to devote time to ww. I'm 13' 10" atm and I'm hoping to get down to 11 stone or so. Just wondering, does April sound realistic for this goal? I'm gonna be turning 18 on April 9th so I'd love to unveil the new me at my party :D I'd love to hear people's thoughts on whether this is realistic or not?
    Regards,
    Niamh
    P.S. I'm sorry if this is off-topic, not very experienced on boards, feel free to PM me if it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Trying new recipes...that scampi and chips recipe i posted the other...going to try that tomorrow night....

it calls for Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat, I've never seen that in shops here....whats the closest equivalent?

I'm late replying on this one, but Joyce's here in Galway is the only one that has the one they are talking about, from Fage, Total 0%. Tesco doesn't seem to have it, and I am not sure about Dunnes and SuperValu.

S

someone was saying before about using courgette instead of lasagne sheets.....

how would i go about that? do i need pre cook or do anything special with the courgette? skin on or off ect?

:D Thanks

Lainy, if you google low carb or paleo recipes, and search for "zucchini" instead of "courgette", you will find a lot of recipes that use courgette as lasagna noodles. basically you cut it with a mandoline or sharp knife lengthwise and layer the lasagna with the regular ingredients. You can leave the skin on. Since courgette cooks quickly, I would think you wouldn't have to cook it all before.

This isn't a lowfat recipe, but here is what I mean:
    http://nourishedmeadow.com/2010/07/zucchini-lasagna/

It works quite well and tastes great!

Sarah

just figured out what I'm going to do with my courgettes and mint :D

this sounds delish!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salad-recipes/courgette-salad-with-mint-garlic-red-chi

been meaning to get a griddle pan for ages. will be passing argos tomorrow :) so will pick one up :D

We've made that before and it is yummy! Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

might make a quiche tomorrow night for myself, wife and baba are away...

what are the points for flower?

Ta

Hi GTI,

Flour

1 teaspoon (10g) = 1 pp
    1 ounce (28g) = 3 pp
    100g = 10 pp

Hope that helps,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Just wondering how far can you go without repaying the fees? As in how many weeks can you miss?

Missed Weeks
    Making a commitment to come each week helps you stay motivated – so your weekly fee is payable each week as long as you are a member. Your membership allows for 2 weeks holiday every 6 months. If you are going on holiday, let your leader know and you will not be charged. Outside your holiday allowance, missed weeks apply up to a maximum of 3.

Republic of Ireland: 1 missed week €5 Plus weekly charge = €15
    2 Missed weeks €9 plus weekly charge = €19
    3 Missed weeks or more you pay the registration fee of €20

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on goal setting? I started ww the last week in June and since then, I've lost 12 pounds. I'm going into leaving cert in September so I know it'll be difficult to devote time to ww. I'm 13' 10" atm and I'm hoping to get down to 11 stone or so. Just wondering, does April sound realistic for this goal? I'm gonna be turning 18 on April 9th so I'd love to unveil the new me at my party :D I'd love to hear people's thoughts on whether this is realistic or not?
    Regards,
    Niamh
    P.S. I'm sorry if this is off-topic, not very experienced on boards, feel free to PM me if it is :)

In my opinion, it is realistic but its never a great idea to set yourself such a big goal, just work towards little ones along the way. If you're always looking toward the end then it will at times feel like you'll never get there and that kind of attitude can really throw you off track if even only for a day!
    Set mini goals and be happy to reach them, all the little ones will eventually add up and you'll look and feel a million dollars! Best of luck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Have to agree with Fiona there, my first goal was half stone, then 5%, then a stone, then the 10%, - all nice easy enough to get to chunks at a time.
    When I started WW I couldn't contemplate the big picture at all which would involve me losing 5 stone but now I'm beginning to think it may be possible.
    My next chunk is to get to 2 stone lost. But to be honest I'm very happy at each WI if I'm down at all never mind the bigger picture!

You have 30 odd weeks till April so your goal of 11 stone for April is possible and good luck with it!

sarahfancy wrote: »
    Lainy, if you google low carb or paleo recipes, and search for "zucchini" instead of "courgette", you will find a lot of recipes that use courgette as lasagna noodles. basically you cut it with a mandoline or sharp knife lengthwise and layer the lasagna with the regular ingredients. You can leave the skin on. Since courgette cooks quickly, I would think you wouldn't have to cook it all before.

This isn't a lowfat recipe, but here is what I mean:
    http://nourishedmeadow.com/2010/07/zucchini-lasagna/

It works quite well and tastes great!

Sarah

That is exactly what i needed! i have a lasagne recipe i use iwth Quorn and make my own white sauce. :) Just needed to know HOW to use the courgette in it :)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

might make a quiche tomorrow night for myself, wife and baba are away...

what are the points for flower?

Ta

Baking propoints attached :)

EGGS
    1 egg 2pp
    2 eggs 4pp
    3 eggs 5pp
    4 eggs 7pp

Made this last night, it's really tasty and deliciously low in propoints at 6 per portion, throw in some potatoes (3pp) and some free point veggies and you've a great dinner for 9 pp's.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 eating apples
    500 g pork fillet - sliced into medallions
    200ml chicken stock
    1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
    1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves or use maybe 1 teaspoon dried sage if you don't have fresh.
    2 tablespoons half fat creme fraiche

Method:

Heat half olive oil in large pan, core and cut apples into wedges, cook for 10 mins until caramelised and softened.
    Remove from pan and set aside.
    Heat remaining oil in pan.Fry the pork on each side for 2 mins. Add the stock and mustard to the pan, then let it bubble for 5 mins or until pork is cooked thru. Return the apples to the pan with the sage and cook for a minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and some seasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Down 0.5lb today. Not much but every little helps right. No more weekends away for 4 weeks now so I'm going to try really hard to keep on track of everything and get in a bit more exercise. Onwards and Downwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All, just a quick reccomendation, has a M&S salad for lunch today from their simply fuller longer range. It was tomato and basil chicken with butternut squash, cous-cous and soya beans its 8 points, delicious and really filling. If you need a quick lunch when out and about I'd definitley reccomend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Dreading my WI later. I thought I had a good week last week and was up 2lbs. My first time beng up!!!! Dont know what to expect this week??? Ive tried my best, havent touched my weeklies. Only thing is i havent done much exercise as I hurt my ancle running last week... Fingers crossed I lose something this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Just wanted to add that since I joined WW six weeks ago I have eaten soooo much fresh fruit and veg and I have so much more energy. Im finding that when im sitting in front of TV in the evening time and I get the nibbles I feel like some pineapple or melon instead of putting on a plate of chips . :)

Eating the Nicest dinner! 13PP!

Its the Quorn Cottage Pie I make....but instead up bulking it up peas and corn, I added a grated courgette into the mince.....

WOW! My eating is getting healthier and healthier every week :D

Woooo delighted i like actually found out i like courgette! There's a big spread in the ww magazine about courgettes :D

13pp for a huge cottage pie :D compared to the 9pp for that puny ww readymeal cottage pie :D

I cant even taste the courgette, but it really bulks it up and ups the fiber without adding points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Bought the ww Philly cheese today, really low in points, how could I cook this with chicken breasts? If I sliced the chicken and put it in would it work? Sorry...not used to cooking much and trying to be healthy!

Bought the ww Philly cheese today, really low in points, how could I cook this with chicken breasts? If I sliced the chicken and put it in would it work? Sorry...not used to cooking much and trying to be healthy!

yep i got a recipe from one the girls here, Lidl Linessa cheese is even lower...but tastes like crap...u need to season it ur self with herbs and garlic,

Cut a pocket along the side of the breast of the chicken, and stuff it with the amount of cheese u want to use, and wrap it in foil, if you can get ur hands on it, stuff some fresh basil leaves in there.....OMG it will be amazing, it'll be like a chicken kiev.

if you have it and the points for it, wrap the breast in a few slices of parma ham....if you can prepre the chicken an hour or two before cooking and wrap it in foil...to let the flavours develop.

it'll take about 30 - 40 mins in the oven..

This if fonany recipe! I LOVE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm now 6 months into my WW experience and had probably my best feeling moment this evening!!

Since we moved in our house 3+ years ago, I've not had a comfortable soak in the bath, a combination of my big fat ass and a narrow bath.:mad:

This evening, with my wife and son staying at the inlaws after an airport run, I decided to have a bath after my 45min cycle...and guess what, no wedging, no turning on my side to get a propper soak, I fit in comfortably with inches to spare!!!!!:D

I dont care what the scales say tomorrow .... i feel a million dollars(even with the dollar down against the euro, thats still a good feeling);)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm now 6 months into my WW experience and had probably my best feeling moment this evening!!

Since we moved in our house 3+ years ago, I've not had a comfortable soak in the bath, a combination of my big fat ass and a narrow bath.:mad:

This evening, with my wife and son staying at the inlaws after an airport run, I decided to have a bath after my 45min cycle...and guess what, no wedging, no turning on my side to get a propper soak, I fit in comfortably with inches to spare!!!!!:D

I dont care what the scales say tomorrow .... i feel a million dollars(even with the dollar down against the euro, thats still a good feeling);)

Fair play to you, it's the little signs like this that count along the journey and are possibly more significent than the numbers on the scales - not that we won't celebrate them too :p!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hi guys, havent been here in ages! Just dropped by to say I haven't fallen off the wagon! Got my 10th silver 7 tonight, I am delighted, hoping to lose 4.5lb now by mid September to get my 75lb cert! Going for a massage tomorrow to treat myself, no point buying clothes as a treat because hopefully they'll be too big more in a month or so!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

yep i got a recipe from one the girls here, Lidl Linessa cheese is even lower...but tastes like crap...u need to season it ur self with herbs and garlic,

Cut a pocket along the side of the breast of the chicken, and stuff it with the amount of cheese u want to use, and wrap it in foil, if you can get ur hands on it, stuff some fresh basil leaves in there.....OMG it will be amazing, it'll be like a chicken kiev.

if you have it and the points for it, wrap the breast in a few slices of parma ham....if you can prepre the chicken an hour or two before cooking and wrap it in foil...to let the flavours develop.

it'll take about 30 - 40 mins in the oven..

This if fonany recipe! I LOVE IT!

sounds yum! any idea of how many pp are in the parma ham??

• Advertisement

cailindana wrote: »
    sounds yum! any idea of how many pp are in the parma ham??

Cant remember off the top of my head. but the Nutritional information is on the packs.

Whan i say parama ham....anything like....black forest ham, or spanish ham...any of those kind thin slices of ham. aldi and lidl do loads. even tho it makes no difference to the points, I always try to trim the big long white fatty strip on "ham" just to make it that little bit leaner,

I've done it a few times just using bog standard super value wafer ham....exactly the same, still delish!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement