Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    Lost it on whatever was bleeped out of the Total Divas show.

I guessed that it was something to do with "flaps" hanging out maybe? Hence the second bat reference afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I can imagine but the bleep can often but funnier than the word itself. The principle South Part often lived on.

rovert wrote: »
    I can imagine but the bleep can often but funnier than the word itself. The principle South Part often lived on.

That's why I lost it when hearing it! I enjoy hearing the words bleeped sometimes because it does add to the fun!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks guys! I need to ask, is it difficult finding OSW review episodes? I have most of them on YouTube (26/31) but they're scattered across many accounts. Like I have playlists (http://YouTube.OSWreview.com) but would it be easier if everything was in one account?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I think Dailymotion has more episodes than youtube, but I think I found them all by logging on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One account would definitely be easiest. Been trying to get some mates into watching them, but it's awkward when they're not all on the same channel and vimeo sucks on mobile browsers.

I tend to just use your Vimeo account when I'm looking at old ep's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hey first time poster long time listener :P

I think its fine the way it is all on one account would obviously be handiest but its going to deleted after 20 mins by WWE so I think its fine if you want to find it its easy on oswreview.com
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=4ZEOYzu2I872iM&tbnid=o4EQz7ca5PXhoM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FWTF%2Fcomments%2F14f9pa%2Fafter_150_days_of_eating_clean_the_rock_allowed%2F&ei=XVcaUvHGJs6d7gb0p4CgDg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNE_3JT9E-iyS-P2ga_DuOPPmzw0BQ&ust=1377544386624850

Love the show anyway guys much better than anything I was involved with flah and ShawnRaven anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I generally go by Vimeo

WCW Ready To Rumble! [#32]

Part 1 of the David Arquette Trilogy!
    OSW review the 2000 "classic" about two wrestling fans who coach their idol, ex-Champion Jimmy King back to the top of WCW.
    Featuring JOHN CENA (!) and many WCW wrestlers like Goldberg, Sting, DDP, Sid Vicious, Perry Saturn, Rey Mysterio, Booker T and more!

frx1.jpg

WATCH : YouTube32.OSWreview.com
    EVERY EPISODE : OSWreview.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looking forward to the next 2. That movie was perfect for this kinda show, like the lads on the show I actually liked this when I first saw it even though I knew it wasn't good as a movie. It had wrestlers in it and was a wrestling movie etc but by gawd was it a terrible movie looking back and really depicted wrestling fans as total retarded marks who were the lowest of the low in society (pretty odd for a movie made by a wrestling company).

Still to this day personally think there is potential for a similarly themed non utter sh!te movie if the WWE ever made one however

looking forward to the next 2. That movie was perfect for this kinda show, like the lads on the show I actually liked this when I first saw it even though I knew it wasn't good as a movie. It had wrestlers in it and was a wrestling movie etc but by gawd was it a terrible movie looking back and really depicted wrestling fans as total retarded marks who were the lowest of the low in society (pretty odd for a movie made by a wrestling company).

Still to this day personally think there is potential for a similarly themed non utter sh!te movie if the WWE ever made one however

One of the funnier things in the new Vince Russo Timeline 2000 shoot is him having no time for Ready to Rumble. Even he has standards damn it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ha, like you guys I thought it wasn't bad at the time but jesus in hindsight it is so bad now. Kudos for spotting Cena only found that one out a few weeks ago.

If anyone doesn't know, we're on hiatus until mid-November!

Sorry to bump this, but there's a few dudes that I know only from boards, and if you have GTA V, join our online crew! (Crews are cross-platform, myself and V1 are PS3)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/osw_review

Excuse the dodgy emblem but hey

547324_670038893015715_948609372_n.jpg

Yeah heard about the hiatus but wasn't sure whether to bump the thread. Got through the entire run of shows in order about two weeks ago. One of my favourite things about the show besides the obvious nostalgia buzz and the sound clips was that energy levels stayed consistent through out the review unlike Review A Wai sometimes. Made listening to them back to back so much easier. Looking forward to what's next.

Working your way through the entire run is a huge compliment! Cheers :)

Psst! Wanna see the super-secret original podcast we recorded for Randy Savage back in 2011? I thought it might be insensitive so I recorded a voice-over instead.
    Original Macho Man Randy Savage Tribute Podcast

Just heard that the podcast will return on schedule at the end of month. Glad as once podcasts take a break they often don't come back despite best efforts.

Cheers, we'll be back in about 2 weeks, recording this week. If it allays fears we did stop for 4 months in 2011 and for 2 months last year :)

I did make a music video in the meantime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Just watched the Ready to Rumble review (skipped the Divas one). I have to be really honest here as I loved the first 30 videos - which I watched almost in a marathon over a week during Summer - but I didn't like the Ready to Rumble video. I salute ye all for putting another episode together. It's as technically up to scratch as the others and I appreciate that a tonne of work has to go into making these but WCW in 2000 is almost beyond parody and the film is so abysmal that even ripping the piss out of it didn't interest me that much. There's a few laughs in the OSW review but I much prefer the WWF wrestling based reviews. Maybe it's the nostalgia :o

Am still looking forward to the other WCW videos though. Glad to see ye're still going!

• Advertisement

I watched Survivor Series last night. Having seen Ireland get cruelly robbed mostly by Johnny Sexton of a famous rugby win, and my beloved Tottenham run Man City so close too, I figured some wrestling would be a nice distraction from an otherwise awful day. Without going into too much details, something happened at Survivor Series that made me think of OSW Review and laugh.

After the main event, John Cena came down to the ring and got in Randy Ortons face and I groaned inside. I couldn't watch Raw for a couple of years because it was Cena vs Orton every week, and I don't like either of them, or Batista who was also getting pushed at the time.

I thought back to the 1st Survivor Series and how Hogan behaved after his match when he didn't win the main event and also how he kinda hogged as much of Savage's limelight as he could during Macho's 1st WWF title run and I thought of you guys calling him "that **** Hogan" and it made me smile. No doubt the c-word got filtered there but you get the idea! While I died a little inside at the thoughts of more Cena vs Orton, I thought "That **** Cena" It wasn't very babyface of him to show up after Orton won. Some fans were chanting for Daniel Bryan. Not too strange until I remember, that was supposed to be a home crowd for Cena.

Some other stuff in Raw over the past few years made it unwatchable for me too, Heel Cole, the anonymous Raw GM, oh and the celeb guest hosts. I did go out of my way to watch when Bill Shatner hosted, and The Muppets, and Jessie Ventura too. I am curious...
    Has something soured in the relationship between Ventura and WWE since that time he hosted Raw? Has his voice been removed off all new DVD's that WWE release where he was the commentator? To me, he was always the best commentator I ever heard, although I'm a huge fan of NXT when William Regal is commentating. I've a lot less time for NXT when it's Alex Reilly or anyone else who isn't William Regal on the mic.

I am racking my brains thinking of some other old early 90's Survivor Series and I am thinking there are a few OSW reviews I never got around to listening to. I know I've watched almost every episode but I suspect there is a block of them I never got to for one reason or another. I will do it and hopefully strike gold before I check anything new you guys have coming along anytime soon for sure though.

I've only seen 1 wrestler refuse to take or block the Antonio Cesaro giant swing so far. It was John Cena. That **** Cena. He's marginal at best!

WCW Thunder, April 26th 2000! [#33]

Part 2 of the David Arquette Trilogy!
    OSW review the most shameful moment in WCW history, putting the WORLD TITLE on shítty actor David Arquette!
    We review the entire episode, including a Russo/Flair promo, a match rivalling Jenna Morasca/Sharmell, and the revival of the hummer angle!

j2hk.jpg

WATCH : YouTube33.OSWreview.com
    MORE GOODNESS : OSWreview.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Do KotR 93 already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Jaysus,Mike Awesome wasn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So happy this is back.

Great show as always guys. Looking forward to the conclusion to the trilogy.

As I've stated before, my vote for future content is to chronologically critique Jim Crocket Promotions/WCW during the Hulkamania era.

Cheers! It was weird having to set up everything again but hopefully we laid a decent foundation for the Slamboree review :) Hope I did Dave Penser proud!

Just listened. Great to here it back.

Fair play on the production values. Your audio setup seems even better and audio clips are always incorporated well. I listen to a terrifying amount of podcasts and yours is definately top tier audio quality wise.

I listened to your podcast about David Arquette. I always figured that history is written by the victors and that maybe WCW wasn't as bad as people said it was. Even though I have watched bits back like the fingerpoke of doom and other lil bits. But Jaysus, it was unrecognisable from the WCW I liked and had a lot of trouble seeing in the early 90's. I used to be able to catch WCW Worldwide on ITV in the early 90's, and I went to one of their shows in Dublin and also while on holidays in Florida in the early 90's and found there was 6 hours of WCW on Atlanta television that was all over Florida every Saturday. Even during the late 90's one of my friends had some Turner satellite channel that carried Nitro every week and he used to invite me around to see the odd show. But this show on the podcast gave me a blinding headache!
    Now before I am misunderstood, I don't mean you guys hurt my brain, I mostly blame Russo!
    Tank Abbot. In the mid 90's I'd drifted a lot from wrestling. I was in work one day and saw that a kid a lil younger than me was reading a wrestling mag where I didn't recognise half the wrestlers and they were all covered in blood with barbed wire baseball bats and that kind of thing. The only bloody messes I could work out were Ric Flair and thinking in '97 "Wow, is he still going?" and well Cactus Jack was the other one I could tell who he was. I was a lil embarrassed that I couldn't really rap about wrestling much to this guy much but he loaned me 3 VHS tapes, one was Vale Tudo fighting from Brazil which was great, the other was an ECW tape where I thought it looked awful but my friend was nuts about it, and even took a holiday in Philadelphia to go see an ECW show, his fav wrestler at the time was Mungo McMichael. He told me after his hols that he met a dude from Derry who was on the ECW ring crew and that he got to hang out after the show and go drinking with a load of ECW guys. The other tape he gave me was Tank Abbot winning a UFC tournament back before there were rules, Dana White, weight divisions and I thought it was dire. It wasn't really until Brock Lesnar went to UFC that I got more interested in MMA. I do like it now and am a huge fan of Conor McGregor these days. He makes me laugh! I think Tank Abbot took a few paydays in smaller shows in later years when he was well past his best which might be why his win loss record is pretty bad.
    All I thought about the ECW stuff I saw in '97 was that it looked crap, Brian Pillman looked rough and while it was the 1st I'd ever heard of Jerry Lynn, I thought he was great. I was sure I was watching a huge future-star. I still can't work out how he didn't get a run in WWE 2005 version of ECW.
    Ok where my tiny mind got exploded in this podcast...All champions were stripped of their titles. I could rant for so long about what I think about that, but really I decided "This is actually going to be even more stupid than I could have imagined" and that's while already knowing that David Arquette won the title and I saw Ready To Rumble many years ago on TV3 too.
    I was thinking during "What bar?" "Wasn't there a nougat bar back in the day? She can't be a Wham bar because then she'd have to have lil multi-coloured specks all over her outfit." I'm a 39 yr old man wondering if a wrestling valet is a Wham bar or a Nougat bar and then internally patting myself on the back because I remembered nougat bars.
    I sure don't remember Noggers or dark chocolate Catch bars. I think you Southsiders were lucky. I had no idea I grew up so deprived in Swords until now!
    Defending the honour of David Arqutte? That made me laugh a lot. The podcast was hilarious as always. I had no idea there was ever a Horace Hogan so it was educational too. It is weird how being related to a famous wrestler can be a huge career boost or an absolute millstone. Then there's Bray Wyatt who is doing great even though it's kept quiet about his family connections.
    I did manage to pick up the trail of old OSW reviews that I hadn't seen before too. I watched the Piledriver album review and it was so funny. Personally, making a video called Piledriver without Paul Orndorff is mostly criminal, but it was during "If You Only Knew"...wow.
    Clearly at the start of the video, Virgil is totally into it and giving it loads of gusto and enthusiasm, but then is skips to them doing a live version of the song and it's full of awesomeness! Virgil is back in surly bodyguard mode for that and I think it's because he's miffed that everyone has a dickie-bow-tie on and not just him. Seeing King Kong Bundy in his onesie-singlet wearing a dickie-bow was amazing, but then it gets better, Bobby Heenan is wearing a a dickie bow on his neck-brace-sponge and there's an even better bit, everybody bar one is wearing a dickie-bow, Jake Roberts. He has the tuxedo jacket but no tie. Maybe that's why he never got the IC title, maybe his refusal to wear a dickie bow in If You Only Knew held him back for being a champion...
    Going through a few old OSW's, I was surprised you guys don't like The Doctor Of Style, Slick. I thought he was great, even his bit hosting the wedding at Raw 1,000 was hilarious. That said, I'm a huge fan of your work and I'll look out for part 3 of this bizarre trilogy!
    I'd agree with the point that stuff that happened in other wrestling companies shouldn't be mentioned...I get irritated when I watch ROH and fans in the crowd all have WWE merchandise on, I feel like telling them that Daniel Bryan probably won't be on the show.
    As for what wrestling history you should cover afterwards? I have no opinion whatsoever. I'll check it out no matter what it is.
    Lovin' yer work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There is always a legit LOL part in every one of the episodes.

When you were debating Sharmel's character and (I think it was) OOC did the nordie voice and said paisley I nearly died.

• Advertisement

blackpotato: Thanks for your comments! Although I really don't like Cena's character/promos and his sloppiness, I'm not mad at him for being a perennial main-eventer. It's probably because he doesn't book the show or politic. I place the blame on the heads of creative, namely Vince, Steph & H for running him into the ground. Ventura successfully sued Vince over home video royalties ($600k) and perhaps it's a long-standing bitterness editing him off the new DVDs. Noggers are Swedish - we have an equivalent, the Feast!

chopper - cheers! I'll float JCP to the guys but none of us have any retrospective knowledge and it's difficult to find so it's not really a go-er. Do you think many people would be interested in that?

thanks rovert! appreciate it. I haven't seen anyone mention the impact theme song I used for the thunder intro. Maybe nobody watches impact :P

cheers ShagNastii - I wondered whether to leave the Paisley part in as it goes completely off-topic and I'm glad I did :)

Advertisement