Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Special BONUS episode!
    OSW review the latest WWE Studios offering, "The Marine : Homefront" featuring The Miz!
    Also, we run down WWE Studios biggest hits & flops!

marine3cover2.jpg

WATCH : Vimeo26.OSWreview.com
    Every Ep : OSWreview.com

Download the new episode in High Definition @ 26.OSWreview.com Look at Miz's angry face in HD! :D

mizmuppetface.jpg

Audio links :
    iTunes @ http://iTunes.OSWreview.com
    Android/mp3 links @ http://RSS.OSWreview.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Probably my favourite non PPV version of the show! Fantastic. Please do the chaperone!

Lol! This actually came up prior to the show. We were arguing about Shyamalan's The (Nothing) Happening. Myself & V1 hated it, OOC LOVES IT (out of spite no doubt). OOC hates HHH and wrestling films, so I said we'd review it if it's a double review, along with The Chaperone. I'll leave it in his court. I've already sat through it once it was hard enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I see DaDirtyWhyteboy is touting you guys on his twitter. Been following the guy for years and he's definitely one of the best video guys on YouTube.

Great to see the series get even more well deserved exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

must say I loved the Miz ep and actually think reviewing recent wrestling movies especially in a shorter 40ish min time slot is a great little niche because as you say in the ep, do Wrestling fans even watch these movies? I know I dont although I am curious and would def watch a show ripping the p!ss out of them if they are as bad as I imagine (and thus would not watch them normally).

In a weird way I now feel like I did watch the Marine 3 homefront and actually enjoyed it though i'd never have gone near that movie otherwise (think the only WWE movie ive seen otherwise is The Condemned cos Battle Royale is awesome as is SCSA).

Cheers ShagNastii, had to go check him up after you mentioned him.

Thanks BH, I'm not sure if many fans really care about wrestling films even enough to hear a review about it! Condemned is myself & V1's favourite WWE film so we might review that if OOC's gone for a while. It was a miracle we dragged him to watch No Holds Barred. Did the running down of profit/loss from WWE films/XFL etc interest you? I find it interesting but I imagine it's a bit 'observer' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Did the running down of profit/loss from WWE films/XFL etc interest you? I find it interesting but I imagine it's a bit 'observer' :D

I love it! It's always great to hear Vinces greatest F### ups rather than accomplishments!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Did the running down of profit/loss from WWE films/XFL etc interest you? I find it interesting but I imagine it's a bit 'observer' :D

found it really interesting and liked how it was like we got something extra i.e it was also a review of WWE studios and WWE's past F ups although obviously you couldn't do the same time everytime you covered a WWE movie. Of course though it makes sense that these movies are just an occasional thing but sure its always good to have an occasional break from the norm as it makes us appreciate the normal show

Royal Rumble 1992! [#27]
    OSW review the greatest Royal Rumble in history!
    Ric Flair wins the WWF championship with a world-class performance.

"With a tear in my eye, this is the greatest night of my life.
    I wanna jump, I wanna party, but I gotta tell ya like this - for the Hulk Hogans, the Macho Mans, the Pipers, and the Sids :
    Now it's Ric Flair, and y'all pay homage to the man! WOOOO!"

flairrumble2.jpg

WATCH : watch27.OSWreview.com
    DOWNLOAD : 27.OSWreview.com
    ALL EPISODES : OSWreview.com

• Advertisement

I recently did another Piledriver Podcast with my buddy Luke! We pick up the pieces after WrestleMania 29.
    PILEDRIVER WRESTLING AUDIO SHOW - WRESTLEMANIA 29

pdwmosw.jpg

Direct Link : http://www.piledriverwrestling.net/PD5.mp3
    iTunes : http://iTunes.OSWreview.com
    Android : http://RSS.OSWreview.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

1992 Rumble.

Greatest hour of wrestling ever.

New Podcast chatting post-Mania WWE, feedback and Q&A!

zeb1v.jpg

Direct Link : http://www.piledriverwrestling.net/PD6.mp3

tabdlonitunes.png tabaudiocasettes.png androidosw.png

iTunes...............Direct mp3 links......Android/RSS

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Hello, I found and watched quite a few of your shows last night. I became a fan of WWF/E somewhere around 1986, pretty much whenever they killed off World Of Sport Wrestling on ITV and started showing American stuff. I had a lot of the shows you review on vhs tapes for years so I'd seen them all a few times. Actually you're getting close to a point in time where I kinda gave up on wrestling just a bit for a few years. It's very funny to hear a bunch of Dubliners talking about this stuff. None of my own friends are into wrestling and the one guy who is, doesn't know a fraction of what I know about it. I was in genuine hysterics hearing about Jake Roberts Christmas geanseys last night. And yes, Worzel too, my firends and I always called him "The man with the hair" because you knew **** was serious when the man with the hair showed up. Also Earl Hebner was "The Bouncing Ref" to myself and my pals back then too, because if he was in a main event, there was a more than 50% chance he was gonna get knocked out and not be able to count to 3 while the babyface was about to win the big one! I'm pretty sure Tony Garcias name was Tony Garea and that he was a tag champ in the very early 80's and then a jobber in tag matches after that, always teamed with another jobber, but keep calling him Tony Garcia! I was always aware there was a lot of other American wrestling besides WWF that we were not getting to see but only because I read about it in PWI in Easons on O'Connell Street, but yeah the only WCW we got was an hour on ITV well after midnight on a school night. I'm still proud of my photo of me with Sting, Bill Kazmaier and Rick Steiner from the Point Depot in 1991! I had my ticket bought weeks before that show but my younger brother who was a kid at the time, won 4 tickets for WCW from Zig and Zag on Dempseys Den on RTE 2! Me on the balcony seats miles from the ring, and my Mam and siblings at ringside with their free tickets whilst they mostly could not give less of a **** about wrestling if they tried to! I did hog Mams backstage trip though! The venue was less than half-full so moving down to ringside during the intermission was not hard! Although once I seen Arn Anderson up close doing that spot where he tilts his head back and spits straight up in the air when he got punched in the gut, I thought "Wrestling looks better from a distance" plus calling P.M. News a "fat gay ****" with the Mam sitting beside me wouldn't have been entirely cool so a trip back to the cheap seats is how I watched the end of the show! Anyhow, I loved checking some of your work last night and am looking forward to hearing about Wrestlemania 8! It's not the show that made me go "**** this nonsense, I'm done with this until 1997" I'm pretty sure Wrestlemania 9 did that to me instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Paragraphs man, paragraphs!

Paragraphs, no full sentences, understood! :)

Hey blackpotato, thanks for signing up to boards to share that with us! Very cool to hear. Sounds similar to myself actually - I stopped pretty much late 92 and didn't watch again until late 96. You're lucky getting to head to the Point in 91! Winning tickets to WCW must've made it even sweeter.Cheers, recording again this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Not in bad company
    f3vmt5.jpg

I was semi reluctant to watch the old OSW reviews, mostly because I was worried that some stuff that I remember as being awesome would look properly crap in 2013, and I was also worried that 3 heads from Dublin laughing a lot at stuff I remember being cool would make me cringe at myself for ever being so nuts about wrestling in my teens.
    But I did watch Wrestlemania 1 for the 1st time since the 80's not that long ago so I was kinda curious to hear what you guys made of it. I personally kinda hated it, I'm not a fan of short matches and it was full of them, but your show on it was pretty cool, and I was interested in hearing what you guys liked and disliked about it.
    Normally finding fans who agree on a lot about wrestling is very rare. Sometimes you guys bury wrestlers who I liked and other times, I am in tears laughing at hearing people I don't know making the same jokes about wrestlers from the 80's today that I was making with my friends back in the day at the time if that makes sense...I'll give an example.
    I watched the Wrestlemania 5 OSW show 2 nights ago (Worzel showed up a few times on the entrance ramp without being mentioned! He'll always be "the dude with the hair" to me, I'm stubborn!) and hearing you guys explain what to do and what not to do when Hulk Hogan is "Hulking up" and I was laughing hard, I think all the stuff I used to scream at the telly was mentioned apart from "Kick him in the balls, take the dq, it's better than getting pinned!"
    After I'd watched your show on WM1 I was curious, I'd never seen The Wrestling Classic, and only became aware of it's existence a few years ago. I was curious to see it for a few reasons but something at the end of that show blew me away...
    There was a segment about Randy Savage and how he's been snubbed and ignored for so long by WWE and I figured it must have been made just before he died, and then there's a lot of shots of Stephanie McMahon at the end as the credits roll which made me chuckle.
    A few years ago, fearing that my dear auld Mam was on the verge of throwing out a lot of my old magazines and books that were in storage in her attic for a long long time. I decided to haul all my old gear from her now near-empty 4 bedroom semi-detached house to my tiny humble already ****ed-for-space flat. I showed one of my friends some old wrestling mags and he pointed out something interesting to me that I had not noticed, I had to dig through some wrestling mags today to make sure of my facts. There was a WWF official history of Wrestlemania 1-5 magazine and in the merchandise section there are 2 interesting pics, one is a very very young Stephanie McMahon wearing a red Hulk Hogan hat in 1 pic, and then in another pic she's wearing a garish purple and green Rockers headband and then a huge white oversized Rockers t-shirt and nothing else! I reckon she's 13 at the oldest at the time.
    Because I was watching on dailymotion, the tribute to Randy Savage came up straight after the review of The Wrestling Classic. I loved it. Every promo I loved, all the matches I loved all got a bit of coverage, and while I loved Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Honky Tonk Man, Demolition, or Mr. Perfect back in the day, I was never confused, Macho was the man. Much like I always liked Foley more than Austin in the late 90's, Macho was ahead of everyone for me in his time. I don't know why but I was kinda happy none of his WCW stuff was used in the tribute, mainly because I'm not that familiar with it I think. But yeah, it was a seriously cool tribute, and I enjoyed it a lot.
    It amazes me how much I agreed with you guys thoughts on a lot of old wrestling, I mean 1st of all to me the best wrestling commentator of my time is easily Jesse Ventura, one fo the reviews you guys did said he kinda sucked in WCW but I think it was one night in the early 90's I was watching WCW and Tony Schiavone asks Jessie during a Van Hammer match I think, "Jessie, why does Van Hammer need Scotty Flamingo outside the ring during his matches?" and Jessie replied "I dunno Tony, you know how some guys are in the 90's." I've seen Ventura say he was not thrilled with his run in WCW and he blames Jim Ross for "Not putting him over." But whether he was partnered with McMahon (The worst commentator ever, unless it's really Michael Cole) or Monsoon or even Schiavone, Jessie Ventura always made me laugh.
    What else? Ah yes, Roidey McGoo, while this name always makes me laugh, it conjures up images in my mind of burst puss-filled hemorrhoids if such things exist. This name for a jacked up wrestler amuses and disgusts me in equal amounts!

I'm a fan of the shows though. I am going to watch them all eventually. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how the navy sweat-stains under the Big Boss Man's armpits grow more and more the longer he wrestles, if he's in a really long match his hair goes flaccid. But then today if you see Sheamus in a long match, his hair goes flaccid even more!
    Oh yeah! (no pun intended) The Macho vs HBK match in the tribute! Machos "Fruit Salad" outfit reminded me of the OSW shows I watched last week, I told a friend who knows nothing of wrestling about the shows last week and with this guy being a lil older than me, I asked him if there ever really was an ice cream back in the day called a Nogger, I mean I could have looked it up myself but I wanted to check and see if I'm the only person of my generation who never heard of them. My friend told me "It sounds like a Feast" but I told him a Feast had chocolate ice cream and this Nogger was clearly a vanilla affair, I thought I know my stuff about old sweets. So my friend seemed as confused as I was and then we looked them up online, there were white noggers, brown noggers and nogger black. I've a fair idea why they are not around anymore, at least not in Ireland. I think they do exist in other countries though. My point? You guys ruined Virgil for me. I mean it's ok, I was never that big of a Virgil fan or anything, but now I'll see him and think of OSW review and God forgive me, laugh at the name of that stupid ice cream too. That Savage Vs HBK match was cool though. It even had a bit with Earl Hebner knocked out which he seemed to do as often as not. He was and always will be "The bouncing ref" to me, although I dunno if he still does that in TNA now.
    Oh yeah, that whole theory about foreigners being stupid in WWF/E and Pacific Islanders having thick skulls...That spot is alive and well to this day. I'm pretty sure ramming an Uso's head into a turnbuckle pad ends badly for the head-rammer. I mean sure it can spark off a spot of breakdancing but I think it ends with the Uso getting a few moves in too. I'm not sure if that works with Tamina Snuka too but without anything to back it up like facts prrof or evidence, I'm gonna guess that she has a head like a hammer too.
    I had to check after watching some of the WM2 review if Velvet McIntyre is really Irish as billed, she's about as Irish as Roddy Piper is Scottish!
    I could go on for a while, I think I'm forgetting a lot, but then reviewing the reviews would be super-duper-sad so I'll leave it there.
    Looking forward to checking umm...Wrestlemania 3 next! You guys totally missed that Ozzy Osbourne was wearing a peach suit at WM2. And yes while Miami Vice was huge and a lot of iffy clothes were acceptable in the 80's, Ozzy is supposed to be the Prince Of Darkness according to himself! I somehow doubt when I see the OSW review of WM3 that Alice Cooper is decked out in a similar lemon-yellow ensemble, then Alice never did devour mountains of white powder in the 80's with his nose like Ozzy did. Wow Hulk Hogan's promo at the start of the Rumble in '89 where he and Savage started to fall out! I was watching it thinking "Andre The Giant is 550lbs? Damn Hogans got his hands on some serious Maradona marching-dust there" just as one of you guys chimes in about him being coked up to the eyeballs too! It made me laugh.
    Ok I'll shut up now, I promise.
    Lovin' yer work fellas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Thoroughly enjoying these. The work that goes in to editing it pays off and Simpsons references are always good with me.

Two questions that I'm sure are frequently asked, When can I get my grubby mitts on the next one and how long are you going to do these? The increased pay per view schedule may put you off but I could listen to you review the new generation/attitude era.

• Advertisement

Blackpotato, thanks for sharing that with us! "The dude with the hair" didn't come to our attention until SummerSlam 1990 but it's funny to go back to previous eps and see him under the radar. Yeah, Macho's absolutely fantastic. I love how he's taken over as our 'mascot' from Hogan :D You've put me off saying Roidy Magoo now!

Cian, thanks mate. Yeah the editing takes ages, I just keep adding things until I get annoyed lol. The next episode will be out on Wednesday (hopefully!) and will address the impending end of the Hulkamania Era.

Oh, and OSW Review is 2 years old today!

2ndnk.png

WrestleMania VIII! [#28]
    SHE'S ALL THE WAY LIVE, WOOO!
    OSW's BIGGEST episode ever! We review WM8's re-booked card, the mass exodus afterwards and the WBF!

oswreviewep28wmviii.jpg

WATCH : YouTube28.OSWreview.com
    DOWNLOAD : 28.OSWreview.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's the running time of this episode?

Have about an hour and a half in the car on the way home.

It's a whopping 2 hours! So 90 minutes takes you exactly up to the main event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Another awesome episode Jay and the Lads.

Loved the intro aswell was shocked when I seen it!

Hello again... I was watching last weeks Impact and during the main event, Taz called Bully Ray "Tugboat" after he hit Kurt Angle with an avalanche in the corner and I immediately thought of OSW and the Wrestlemania 8 show you guys did.

Before I get into that, many congratulations on 2 years. I know I'm a bit of a Conny-come-lately to your work but 2 years is impressive. Fair play to you all. And congrats on the anniversary. I'm still going through old shows so it'll be a while before I get through all of them.

I loved the Wrestlemania 8 review. Talk about making a silk purse from a sows ear! It's not my fav ppv by any means but the review was super-funny. Where to start? Noggers! lmfao! Isn't that what people from Sallynoggin are called?

Ok I have a confession to make, I felt super-guilty that Roidey Magoo wasn't on the card. I wish I'd never mentioned anything to do with giant butt-sores! I did kind of feel super-smug about Bossmans pit-stains getting a mention! I mean I always liked the guy, and he perfectly fits your description of old-school wrestlers being the kind of people who "take no ****." But yeah, when he came back to WWF in the late 90's in his all-black ensemble I was gutted, I remember thinking at the time, "No, no, this is not good, Bossman is supposed to have a light blue shirt like the one I wore in primary school with a few bits sewn on probably by his Mam, with big sweat stains under his arms!" To this day, his side-slam finisher is one of my all-time favs.

I said before that I went to WCW in the Point in '91, but the night I was there, the main event was heel world champion Luger vs Rick Steiner and it wasn't a good match. Not because I was hoping Steiner would win, it was just short with a bad finish. Luger used his feet on the ropes to get the cheat pin that night. It was an anti-climax after a great match between Rick Rude (with Paul E. Dangerously in his corner) vs Sting. The 1st time I ever saw PWI in Easons in the 80's, Luger was on the cover and it was the 1st time I'd heard of other American companies besides WWF. I never liked the guy much. I always remember reading mags in Easons and whether they were boxing or wrestling mags, I'd pick one up and subtly shuffle as far away from the bodybuilding mags as possible in case people in public thought I was some sort of mega-homo who is into looking at dudes with physiques that put my old Master Of The Universe figures to shame. That whole WBF was horrible. I was interested to learn more of the background of it though and how Vince decided to try to put the established governing body out of business (and failed thank Christ!)
    It was interesting to recall the failure of XFL too. 2 years ago I saw an ESPN documentary called Small Potatoes - Who Killed The USFL. It's about a rival American Football company that ran for 3 years in the early 80's that was supposed to run during the NFL's off-season (NFL runs from September to January). I don't think you have to be into American Football to enjoy that documentary. It features the ultimate dude with the hair, WWE hall of famer, Donald Trump and also a man who has a moustache to rival Raymond Rougeau or Rick Rude in Burt Reynolds. I guess Vince never consulted with his buddy Trump before trying to create a football league.

OSW has kinda ruined Rick Rude for me. Now I see he actually was not capable of standing still and had to gyrate his hips constantly! I crack up laughing for new reasons when I see him on OSW now. That night in Dublin he said "I want all of you fat, out of shape, Dublin Dirtbags to keep the noise down while the ladies can enjoy what a truly sexy man looks like." To which Sting replied "You can just go and get up the yard!" which really got the most pops of the night with auld fellas in the crowd screaming "Yeah, get up the yard!" before Sting turned to Paul E. and said "And you can just piss off!" which also got the crowd into it!

There is another ESPN documentary I saw recently that's very interesting too. It's called The Real Rocky, it's about boxer from the 60's and 70's, Chuck Wepner who got a shot at Muhammed Ali. He explains how Stallone ripped off his life-story for the Rocky movies while Wepner never got any money from the success of the Rocky movies...Vince McMahon is in the documentary talking about how Wepner fought Andre The Giant after he retired from boxing in a wrestler vs boxer match, and Wepner says the whole Thunderlips vs Rocky spot in Rocky 3 is a direct rip-off of his match with Andre. It's really good anyway, and again, you don't have to be huge into boxing to enjoy it.

I watched the Savage-Flair match and thought his outfit looked a bit like Goldusts ring attire! I showed a friend of mine who wasn't huge into wrestling until the attitude era that match the day Randy died so it's pretty fresh in the memory, but when you said Savage looks like a box of Superkings I cracked up properly. That was borderline genius. I had to frown at Hulk Hogan looking like a can of Tennants lager though. I grew up in Swords in north county Dublin and it wasn't always the swanky awesome town it is now. Today it has a cinema, a giant mall and McDonalds like a real suburb now. But back in the day, we didn't even have an off-licence. We had to get Tennants from a pub, and even then we had to use id from An Oige, the youth hostel people just to get over-priced flat weak flavourless Tennants. I'll never forget what late 80's and early 90's Tennants cans looked like. They weren't red and yellow. They were kinda white and light blue. But for sure, given Hogans strange skin colour, he looks so much like a hot dog with ketchup and mustard, it's almost uncanny! After I finish this, I'm gonna watch Hogan vs Orton just to see who has the strangest skin tone, and that's a match I suppressed deep in the subconscious up until now!

Putting world title matches on in the middle of cards drives me nuts. although on the flipside of that, I remember going to the bathroom this year after the Undertaker vs Punk match at 3 a.m. and seeing the smile on my face that I had seen that match. I remember saying to myself "There's no way you'll stay awake for HHH's match or Cena" and sure enough, I passed out on the couch while Lesnar and Hunter were brawling outside the ring! But as a rule, putting the title match on in the middle of the card is just wrong.

I was in pain laughing at the concept of The Miz passing the torch to Wade Barrett. To be fair, I've seen The Miz in matches that go beyond 5 minutes that are quite decent, but if I have to listen to him rattle off his flimsy C.V. one more time while Cole tries to get his tongue right up Miz's roideys, I think I'll scream. Barrett? He is a rugged looking fecker, and he sounds mean, but he's not in my top 10 English wrestlers, I dunno why. I pretty much agree with everything you said about the belts today. Without ranting too much, 4 singles belts for a roster of that size just doesn't work. I think Antonio Cesaro is absolutely brilliant. I hope losing the U.S. title becomes the best thing that's ever happened to him. I worry that he'll end up jobbing for Cena and Orton every week but I hope he or Damian Sandow get a push.

The stuff about Hogan and Beefer being into bodybuilding mags (i.e. being very queer) was very funny too, maybe Linda Hogan was right all along. And I always though she's a lying sack of make-up, but OSW has convinced me that the woman speaks the truth! :p

I still have a raft of OSW shows to look at, but I would be sad if that's the end of OSW review. Timelinewise, (it's not a real word, I don't care) it's getting close to a time where I drifted from wrestling. i probably missed out on around 4 years, and it feels like a long time, but to be honest, during the times of Cena vs Orton vs Batista from 2008 till Batista left, I watched only TNA. I'm not going to say one company is better than the other because I just like wrestling. I like TNA but I am not going to say it's perfect. It's just nice to see Cena and Cole free wrestling!

Enough of my babbling. I'm off to buy a Toblerone, a crunchie, a Star Bar, a bag of mighty munch and probably not a Caramac because I dunno if they even exist anymore. Oh and probably not a can of Tennants because it's pish and it's not 10 a.m. yet. Maybe I'll stroll downtown to McDonalds for a feed of euroburgers too!

But I will stop typing now and thank you guys for entertaining me so much with that show!
    :)

Hey blackpotato, thanks for your feedback. Don't worry, Roidy Magoo didn't make the show because it's 1992, I'll attach a pic why :

martel2.jpg

Re : The WBF, I actually re-edited the segment to take out a lot of the WBF footage because I found it quite uncomfortable. Also the men are nearly naked but the women are fully clothed! Vince's commentary was hilarious though. I don't think he's ever marked out so much on a WWF broadcast.

"You can just go and get up the yard!" wow, Stinger knew some Dub slang! I'm well impressed.

Garseys : Cheers mate. John & Wai were v nice about it. I was expecting something on an iPhone in a coffee shop, but they got a cameraman and production manager to help film our intro. woot!

I always used to call Nikolai Volkoff, Nikolai Underpants. Caramacs do exist still today, I just have never ever tried one! (yet) And 2 weeks ago while traveling with my Mam and my brother from Swords to Duleek in Meath, I asked her is she had ever heard of an ice cream called a Nogger, not just because she is older than me, but because our family business was a grocery/sweetshop when I was a little spudling. She seemed familiar with the name but couldn't tell me a whole lot more about them. Unfortunately, she thought so hard about Noggers that she took a wrong turn off a roundabout and ended up on the motorway towards Finglas, back into Dublin city. A harmless mistake if we weren't under pressure for time to get to my niece's communion mass. I mean personally, I don't mind missing mass, but I felt guilty for stressing the Mam out. Noggers are dangerous...
    I'm still sifting through OSW reviews, I check one every few days so not to overdose. It's weird because no 2 wrestling fans ever share the same opinions on anything. I asked a friend not long ago who his fav used to be back in the day and he told me Rugged Ronnie Garvin. I always thought that dude sucked! Everyone takes what they like and hates what they hate and the arguments could go on forever. Thankfully I tend to agree with OSW on way over 50% of what gets said but I have to say just this much about clashing opinions. Here goes, I don't want to upset anyone, but it has to be said....
    Every single thing about The Honky Tonk Man during his reign as Intercontinental Champion was great. Every time he was on telly, he'd say to the crowd "Thank you very much, you're a beautiful audience" and they would boo him like he was the AntiChrist! And I would laugh till it hurt. I liked that OSW review said they got the impression the real guy was not too far removed from his character, but for me, Honky was great. Hunka Hunka Honky Love man, Elvis wishes he wrote that song!
    Looking forward to OSW 29! :)

SummerSlam 1992! [#29]
    From Wembley Stadium, it's WWE's biggest PPV ever!
    The Hart Family threatens to split, Macho has an Ultimate contender, and LOD get a new mascot!
    Bonus section wrapping up the Hulkamania Era!

oswreview29slam92.jpg

WATCH : YouTube29.OSWreview.com

• Advertisement

Cool man, I will check that tonight after looking at the final Game Of Thrones for series 3.
    It turns out I was right about heatbutting Tamina Snuka being a bad idea! Last weeks NXT proved it! (The spot was done really well to be fair, just the commentators were too useless to spot it!)
    NXT without William Regal is a chore compared to when he is on the mic, he's brilliant!
    I love when Antonio Cesaro rants in German at the end of a promo, I love that they dropped his rugby-gimmick because I kinda know a lot about rugby, and as I feared, he did job to Orton around the same time he dropped the U.S. title, but...
    The promo he did with Sami Generico on NXT last week where he turned very Franche (That's French with an "e" in the wrong place and an "A" added before I get trolled for bad spheelig) last week was pretty cool. I like his man-bag (that's the satchel he slings over his shoulder before I deservedly get hammered for saying that!), his béret and his 80's shades. This stuff I read about him being boring in a lot of fans eyes does worry me, because I think he's awesome.
    I watched a few Botchamaniamanias recently complete with that Bushwhacker giving one of the Rougeaus a good special-area rubbing at WM4 I think (could be 5, I've had a few beers, and leeched the last bit of the sunshine while I'm at it today I think!) and I couldn't help thinking of you guys and wondering how much OSW Review contributed to helping pick out some of the botches on that. I discovered OSW review through Botchamania. I was so terrified that OSW Review would make a lot of stuff I loved 20 years ago look really **** today, but mostly what I see is a bunch of heads who love this stuff even more than I do giving honest and very funny and entertaining opinions about something I'm familiar with. As much as I love Botchamania, it can make stuff that seemed good at the time, look very silly with the benefit of hindsight, plus recently sometimes I've caught myself looking at weekly shows and spotting mistakes that are gonna make it into the next Botchamania. I love being informed about stuff that happened in the past but I find being too smart about current wrestling events before they happen takes a huge amount of the fun out of it. But that's just me,
    Smiling here now as I look forward to checking out your latest work,
    PrátaDúbh.
    :)

Advertisement