Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hey brah.

Just watched up to the end of the main event brah.

No kids crying there brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Loved that, any particular reason you won't be just continuing through PPV's chronologically?

Because they were chronologically critiquing the Hulkamania era, which is over after SummerSlam '92.

Bret wins the title ushering in the New Generation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks blackpotato! Botchamania is a great platform for more people to find out about us. I was surprised we got on really, since our work is very different to Maffew's. Hope you enjoyed the botchamania-styled intro! I do think we're pretty kind to the Hulkamania Era shows, as in isolation - especially since they only recap the main event - unless you've lived through it, the slow, basic in-ring work is generally a very tough watch. Prior to Mania V they're generally 1-match shows. Each PPV requires at least 2 sittings, sometimes 4!

Hey Mitch, chopper's exactly right. We're done with the Hulkamania Era and want to move on to something else. So we'll be doing a few other reviews before settling into a new era. Next one'll be decided by fan voting, we've put up a poll at http://Poll.OSWreview.com. Woot!
    oswreview30poll.jpg

Personally I'd like to see it done from the opposite side.

So any PPV put on by Jim Crockett Promotions/WCW from the start of the Hulkamania era until the start of the New Generation.

It's a goldmine of stuff to rip the piss out of, plus more "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Loved the Summerlsam 92 review. Pissing myself laughing through most of it. Great work as always lads! :)

I'd love to see the Attitude era done, but I'm pretty sure I spotted an audio podcast of that around somewhere. Maybe the WWE Draft-ish era?

Test the waters by reviewing the very first WWE draft perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Maybe the WWE Draft-ish era?

I'd like to see that.

Plus it means forcing jayk through Triple H's reigns of terror. ;)

just checked there and you can't vote without a facebook account. But if you've a twitter account, tweet your choice from the above with hashtag #OSW30. It's what I'll be using to count up votes next week :)

Hey, anyone interested in making us a title screen picture? It doesn't have to be gaming-related. Draw/photoshop anything, is just has to have "OSW review" in it. We'll even give the best one a free t-shirt! More details here

1qp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Bit stuck for ideas! I don't have photoshop so prepare for the worst MS paint pictures in history! :D

Awesome response to this - thanks for your entries guys! We're closing the competition tomorrow so if you haven't yet, you can still enter, just post a picture with "OSW Review" in it, either in this thread or here :)

05ki.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I made the virgil money one and have just posted one on your facebook.

Twas inspired by a pic somebody posted in OT thread here in PW.

just threw this quick one together

Thanks guys! The winner is Lee Pattison with his Jamison design! Thanks for entering - EVERY PICTURE will be in the next OSW Review episode :)

w4oz.jpg

WrestleMania IX [#30]
    From Caesar's Parking Lot, it's WWE's most infamous WrestleMania!
    Featuring Hogan's black eye, Giant Gonzalez's nude-suit, and EVERY gimmick of Brutus Beefcake!

mcza.jpg

WATCH : YouTube30.OSWreview.com
    ALL EPISODES : OSWreview.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Am listening to the WM IX review now. The SilverVision manager didn't really tape over the original did he? :confused:

Oh and Crush is a Fruit Salad :D

fruit-salad.jpg

Edit: just finished it. Very funny. "He's like a turtle on his back!". Hah :) Ye didn't point out that the crowd were chanting "USA! USA! USA!" during the main event despite Yoko kayfabe being from Japan and Hart being from Canada.

Cheers breh, glad you liked it! Doing research on the Silvervision tapes, the manager actually taped over the originals, and so backups were used as the source, hence the lower quality. Sounds unbelievable but in the 80s/90s, WWF was just an american TV show for tapes already released...

Ha! Fruit Salad is correct! We used it in an earlier episode so we tasked Steve to only come up with new bars/ice creams etc.

I didn't hear the USA! chants. I would've been all over that ;)

Pretty sure Heenan makes reference to it in his commentary calling them idiots for it.

The picture quality of the Tagged Classics were inferior to the original WWF DVDs I always thought.

Am watching/listening back through your other episodes. On WM VIII. These are a good laugh, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

He wanted to be Irish like this chancer!

7qwq.jpg

• Advertisement

Ha! Brilliant. Damn. Wish I made that comparison on the show :)

I left it loading all day. Got a few cans there and I'm ready to get stuck in. Doink tribute is after setting me off already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I'm relieved that you didn't mention it or I'd feel quite stupid now! I've watched the 1st 10 minutes of the show and I have it paused for late tonight!
    OSW Review 29 hurt my feelings. I can't believe you guys all love Crush! He ruined Demolition! And then just as I got over the fact that people don't agree with me about everything all the time, that comment about only caring about spots and not so much about psychology in matches did infuriate me. I saw that was mentioned early in OSW Review 30 and it cheered me up a bit. I am looking forward to this show, I suspect it'll be very funny!
    My understanding was that you guys were going to do the attitude era, and then I saw some other Irish fella with some U.K. chums have something similar on Botchamania. The stuff they did from the DX invading WCW stuff there was hilarious. I always knew I thought that whole angle was total nonsense, I just couldn't remember why! I mean HHH in his jet-fighter...
    I'm glad you guys did 'Mania 9 instead! This all was around the time WWF had moved from Sky 1 to Sky Sports and for me, getting to see wrestling was getting to be damn near impossible around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lovely tribute to Doink and a welcome from Mrs.Doubtfire, this is gonna be great.

*sits to watch*

Watching/listening to SummerSlam 92. This is my third today after WM 8 and 9. These are really good. Ye must've put a fair bit of work in with the splicing of the old footage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

oh yes ready to rumble next. The only problem is I love that movie without irony and might be pissed when you mock it.

"I don't care for psychology, I just want spots". Oooh, who's the heel mark with the posh accent on the SummerSlam 92 podcast?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

"I don't care for psychology, I just want spots". Oooh, who's the heel mark with the posh accent on the SummerSlam 92 podcast?!

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's Mr. OOC?

Crush breh & Doink breh breh, made the show breh.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's Mr. OOC?

Ha, Double H is right. I've a running theory that OOC's trolling us most of the time! We've been giving him grief ever since he made that comment.

Advertisement