Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey guys, we're recording a special Q&A mailbag! Any questions for us? We'll read 'em out & answer them on the show :)

Which'd be more dangerous, a Duck the size of a Griaffe, but with no beak, or a Rhino with an arse instead of a face?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Fcuk,marry, kill: AJ lee, Torrie Wilson and Maryse. Your choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

The lad who always criticises moves for being dangerous is annoyingly smug too.Main host lad is grand though.

They're both Jayk aren't they?

Or is that the joke?

Ridley wrote: »
    They're both Jayk aren't they?

Or is that the joke?

V1 is the one who talks about the dangerous moves. Jay is the host

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

V1 is the one who talks about the dangerous moves. Jay is the host

SHAAAAADAAAAAAAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I think the main difference between chronicling the Hulkamania era and the end of WCW was that I have seen all the early WWE pay per view shows a huge amount of times back when they were current so I knew a lot about them already and I followed the weekly product at the time too.
    The WCW stuff I did read about, and I saw Ready To Rumble on TV3 a long time ago but for some of it, I was totally lost. Mostly part 2 of the trilogy. I blame Vince Russo for hurting my brain a lot more than OSW Review for that though.
    I am looking forward to the ECW stuff, I mean I know a lot of it, especially all the stuff about the WWE version of ECW in 2005. I did just stop watching it the second Paul Heyman was no longer involved. I missed seeing Mike Adamle's run as a commentator but from what I read, I suspect I got lucky there. I was watching a 24 hour wrestling channel a few months ago and they were rerunning those weekly ECW shows and I got to see Silas Young jobbing to The Miz and then I was confused why that guy seemed familiar until I realised he's kinda doing well in Ring Of Honor now!
    I kinda gave up on WWE for a few years around 2006 because I didn't wanna see wrestling where John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and Bobby Lashley were the main stars. Having seen Batista will be back soon and Cena and Orton are the main event for this years Rumble, I'm starting to feel like a break from WWE could be in my near future. At least in 2006 I was able to start paying attention to TNA instead.

I'll try to think of 5 questions and hope one makes it into the show!

I like "What bar?" even if the ones that made me laugh most are Hulk Hogan being a hot dog, Randy Savage being a pack of Superkings and neither of those are actually bars. I'm not sure someone being an original Kit Kat without the outer wrapper is genius or total cheating from the last podcast though!

Some but not many of the jokes are probably strange to non-Irish listeners but there's plenty or other stuff there...A review of a Tribute To The Troops would probably make me laugh till I cannot breathe anymore, but that's because I'm not nice and I probably share a lot of the same sentiments with OSW Review about some of the "Patriotism" that WWE like to churn out. I thought the most evil show to request would be a show covering the career of Ric Flair but Tribute To The Troops review would stir up a lot of stuff for sure!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks blackpotato, I think if we singled out TTTTroops to review and gave out it'd be rather spiteful of us, it's a show about patriotism, as opposed to happening to come across is circa Mania 7 if that makes sense.

We recorded the Q&A last night!

OSW Mailbag!

THREE Q&A Sessions, ONE video! Jay, OOC & V1 delve into the OSW question sack!
    We cover everything from Mick Foley's "Comedy" Tour, the Montreal Screwjob and favourite Simpsons episodes!

jvr1.jpg

WATCH: http://tinyurl.com/OSWmailbag
    MORE GOODNESS : OSWreview.com

That was fantastic. I loved every minute (Especially African Vince) I should have asked what near is Cena including T-Shirts (More sense than just Jorts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jay is there an MP3 version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    Jay is there an MP3 version?

think he said on the Q&A that there is but it's available about a week later. tbh I dont think it would be nearly as good that way as there are a lot of visual jokes and whenever ive just got it on in the background as i surf online i find myself quickly jumping back to youtube to see what visuals go with what they are talking about.

btw Jay id say you have well over the number of fans you guys were chuffed with afterall there are probably a lot of folk like myself who (sorry) never searched it out on FB etc and liked it (ill be honest this thread is probably why i didn't ive no need to go elsewhere for my OSW needs)

so the lads have no internet presence eh? surprised they don't post on the wrestling forum you yourself moderate

Cheers yep it'll be up on iTunes a week later. You could rip the audio from the YT - just put https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FVmRekQs5k into http://www.listentoyoutube.com/index.php

About internet presence, there's a story about V1 flipping out about some knob on a message board and that was about it for him on the internet. OOC's never been interested in talking online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

OOC's never been interested in talking online

Unless he is roleplaying?

Very interesting show... I guess I didn't need to ask "If you could build a sports entertainer from the ground up, would he look anything like Randy Orton?" afterall ... Actually a few questions I would have asked did get answered on the show anyway!

Jay Hunter. You're a very lucky guy, I just watched this now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFE2a-u9Lg

I can't remember if this guy was a stiff worker or not but I'm glad you're safe and doing well! :)

tgo1.jpg

WWE have changed their status from "making money off our vids by running ads" to "block them completely" on some of our YouTube videos. Mostly Rumbles & Manias. There's no new claims or anything, they've just changed what they do with matched content. My other dormant accounts show blocks on other videos. I'm not sure what I'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A lot of youtube users I know have switched to Daily Motion.

Daily motion and vimeo seem pretty safe. I'd say the network is going to fcuk with you lads for a while. It could also turn more people onto the show so mightn't be all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Decent show,the whatbar stuff and high pitched injokes are annoying tbh.The lad who always criticises moves for being dangerous is annoyingly smug too.Main host lad is grand though.

Agree with this. It's hard to distinguish who is who sometimes, other than Jay Hunter, who seems alright. :pac: Honestly I couldn't bare to listen long enough to figure it all out..

Way too much laughing out loud at bad 'jokes', screeching etc..

Great concept and video editing and you seem to have a lot of listeners/viewers.

Just not for me.

I do the show with my two best friends for over a decade so if you're part of a bunch of lads, everything's an in-joke. If you stick around long enough to learn the running gags I'm sure you'll 180 on it :)

Re:Other hosting options
    Dailymotion are actually stricter with uploads (and have a 1-hour time limit) and immediately block anything from 1990 onwards. So it's a no-goer.
    Blip deleted our two accounts as soon as we got mildly popular, and they're even tighter arses now with new accounts so they're out.
    Vimeo: We still have everything on Vimeo - who are absolute gentlemen. However they're also really unpopular and nobody browses on Vimeo for new shows. (So only our own fans will ever find it) so it'll be our backup site.

At the moment I'm thinking just hang on until the bomb drops with the WWE Network launch and see how much I have to rebuild. If you have any other suggestions please let me know!

A live stage show

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    A live stage show

I'd honestly pay for that. Not even a joke. If you ever ran a stage show of any sort I'd go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I do the show with my two best friends for over a decade so if you're part of a bunch of lads, everything's an in-joke. If you stick around long enough to learn the running gags I'm sure you'll 180 on it :)

!

Glad you took my feedback in good spirits. I will give it another shot.. Any particular standout shows that I should begin with?

Always looking for new shows to listen to.

PM noted and yes I did get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Some people are being oddly creative about how they're uploading theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QHEmDzU0fQ

Flipped out!
    xuw9.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

At least Seth didn't fall again & overshadow it for you. :D
    Cool enough but your name on Ramsay Hotel Hell was weirder.

Aha, I'm at home sick for the day so I'm catching up on all kinds of wrestling to while away the morn. I just watched Botchamania 242 and it pretty much made every point about as Mr Hunter would say "The state of your company mate!" about how things are currently in WWE.

That sign in the crowd which I just seen here and now is so cool! I just watched the watched the main event of last Fridays Smackdown now and they didn't show The Shields entrance so I'm guessing it's a plot by The Authority to hold OSW Review down, or else it's almost like Roman Reigns getting a bigger push than the other 2 Shields, only with one of OSW Review getting a push while...

The mailbag episode you guys did was very interesting. I already knew that a ton of time and effort goes into making your podcasts but my jaw did still drop slightly when I realised how many hours can go into making a single show. I got why you couldn't do the entire series of Total Divas and while that was one of my fav OSW Review shows, it could have gotten repetitive taking the pish out of the same people for so long.

I know I said before I'd never make suggestions about what stuff you guys should cover but that was before I found out about WWE Network doing that Legends House show. A show about old wrestlers has to be entertaining whether it's good or bad. I know Roddy Piper and Jim Duggan are in it, but they might have missed a trick by not putting Piper in with Snuka and Duggan in with Shiekey-Baby.

Congrats on the sign again. Maybe "Jay Hunter Guy" t-shirts can be a big seller in 2014!

That Hotel Hell Jay Hunter is weirding me out GTR!
    I got why you couldn't do the entire series of Total Divas and while that was one of my fav OSW Review shows, it could have gotten repetitive taking the pish out of the same people for so long.

I'm glad someone liked the Total Divas episode! The reviews probably would've either gotten really short (like even reviewing episode 2 only took 10 minutes) or maybe lump 'em into one season episode. It's very much a do-it-now-or-not-at-all type thing and I haven't watched an episode since finishing ours! The snippets I've seen of Legends House aren't good. Definitely could've used Sheiky baby. Cheers bp

I really liked the Total Divas's ones too. The plot lines for Season 2 sound majestic:
    The new season of Total Divas will debut on 3/16 at 9 p.m. Eastern. The season will feature ten episodes. As noted before, Summer Rae, using her stage name and not real name Danielle Moinet, (the former team captain of the Chicago Bliss in the Lingerie Football League), replaces Jo Jo Offerman in the cast. Offerman is still under contract in developmental but there are no plans to use her on the main shows any longer since she’s not on Total Divas. Among the highlights of this ten episode season will be two weddings, the Jonathan Fatu and Trinity McCray (Jimmy Uso and Naomi) and the Bryan Danielson and Brie Bella (they use his real name, not hers) which will be the final episode of the season in May. Other storylines include Eva Marie also getting married to her non-wrestler boyfriend and keeping it a secret from her family, Nikki Bella contemplating breaking up with John Cena (considering they are still together, I guess that didn’t happen) as well as the introduction of Jonathan Fatu’s father, the famed Rikishi, as the mad parent who is against the marriage wanting his son to marry someone of Samoan ancestry. Yes, folks, that is just a storyline they created. They will also tell stories of Eva Marie winning over the WWE fans and becoming a big favorite (I missed that), Brie Bella, Natalya and Trinity all chasing the Divas title, but Natalya ends up out of the title picture due to a contrived (though pushed on the show as real) personality clash with Summer Rae. Fandango also ends up with more TV time on the show. The plan is for the season to end with the climax of Brie getting married and one of the women capturing the Divas title at WrestleMania.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Good God! Poor Jojo. When did she get sh**canned? Rikishi could be amazing. No mention of AJ? I thought she'd be more prominent.
    I'd love a male version of this. Like seeing Dolph Ziggler and Del Rio out on the lash!

• Advertisement

Good God! Poor Jojo. When did she get sh**canned?!

Great choice of words after she was supposedly linked to Orton. Lol

Advertisement