Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Damn you guys! The tracking info on mine hasn't been updated for ages now...still just says it's left Germany.
    Booo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Damn you guys! The tracking info on mine hasn't been updated for ages now...still just says it's left Germany.
    Booo

Did you use the tracking number on the on post website?
    The dhl one only shows till it left germany, an post shows the irish part.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did you use the tracking number on the on post website?
    The dhl one only shows till it left germany, an post shows the irish part.

Oh cool...an post has nothing yet. Will keep checking. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine arrived at the folks house. Might not get over for the next week :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Build quality of the phone is fantastic. It runs windows phone 7 really smoothly and the web browsing experince is excellent.

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Build quality of the phone is fantastic. It runs windows phone 7 really smoothly and the web browsing experince is excellent.

Awesome sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Just setting my phone up now, excellent system I am well happy. The screen is so bright and the resolution is amazing.

Ye are some teases...........when was yours shipped. Last update re mine was in Koln 24/5. Ordered it on Sat and it started journey on Mon. Wondering if I'll be lucky enough to get it by Friday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Can people who got it download apps?

I keep getting
    "This item is not avaiable from the Marketplace catalogue"

Jomcc wrote: »
    Ye are some teases...........when was yours shipped. Last update re mine was in Koln 24/5. Ordered it on Sat and it started journey on Mon. Wondering if I'll be lucky enough to get it by Friday.

Yeah mines the exact same at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Yeah mines the exact same at the mo.

Check again....
    Ordered mine the same day and its now in portlaoise :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I am getting the same message, I don't think my phone is getting data over the network. I am also trying to stop my phone from taking contacts from Facebook and Hotmail. In the phone settings it says email,contacts,calender,photos and feeds but you can only unselect emails.

Same here...pretty sure im hooked up to the wireless though

wilser wrote: »
    Check again....

Hahaha just came here to tell you the same thing! It'll be here tomorrow so...i'm just hoping there'll be someone here to collect the yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Can people who got it download apps?

I keep getting
    "This item is not avaiable from the Marketplace catalogue"

Make sure you set up an Irish Hotmail account (with the country set to Ireland) and that the locale is set to Ireland. Even though it was working when i had it set locale to US for me.

Try plugging the phone into the PC and run software update through Zune. There was a one or two bugs in the marketplace with the 7004 release version that got ironed out with the latest OS update.

If ya need help try asking here :) few LG Optimus owners over here might be able to help ya out

wilser wrote: »
    Check again....

Is it the original DHL tracking link that says it's in Portlaoise?

Is it the original DHL tracking link that says it's in Portlaoise?

No, put the tracking number into the an post website.

Thanks...........only about a mile away from me at this moment..........Surely should have it tomorrow.

Just wondering if it would be an idea to open a thread in different location to here coz, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion regarding getting things sorted on these phones. Probably shouldn't really be done in Bargain Alerts forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

So to the people who have got the phone, how does Windows phone 7 compare to Android?

A few quick questions, does the Optimus 7 have a flash light app (using the LED flash as a light)?

Does it come with any or much LG bloat ware software?

Whats the batter life on it with normal use (3G off most of day, bluetooth/wifi on the odd few minutes every hour etc.)?

Digitalism wrote: »
    So to the people who have got the phone, how does Windows phone 7 compare to Android?

A few quick questions, does the Optimus 7 have a flash light app (using the LED flash as a light)?

Does it come with any or much LG bloat ware software?

Whats the batter life on it with normal use (3G off most of day, bluetooth/wifi on the odd few minutes every hour etc.)?

Right now flashlight app is only provided by HTC only for HTC phones.

With the next update these should start poping up (around autumn)

You can remove any software you like from it that OEM's or Carriers have installed and reinstall it through their private section in the Marketplace.

Not sure about battery life. You could ask on WP7 thread. But pressuming that it has the smallest screen and the same size battery a day atleast easily. I get a day out of the Omnia 7 with bt and data on all the time. Some music and internet and an occasional 5 min game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Right now flashlight app is only provided by HTC only for HTC phones.

With the next update these should start poping up (around autumn)

You can remove any software you like from it that OEM's or Carriers have installed and reinstall it through their private section in the Marketplace.

Not sure about battery life. You could ask on WP7 thread. But pressuming that it has the smallest screen and the same size battery a day atleast easily. I get a day out of the Omnia 7 with bt and data on all the time. Some music and internet and an occasional 5 min game :)

I have the LG and with BT and wifi always on, 3g off and about 30 mins to an hour browsing/reading email each night. I get two days of battery no problem. I was away recently and just used the phone as a phone and very brief browsing and with wifi on, bt on and 3g off it lasted 4 days.

Very little LG s/w on it. All which can be removed easily and reinstalled through LGs marketplace.

No, put the tracking number into the an post website.

Just landed on the desk........:D:D

• Advertisement

Just landed on the desk........:D:D

Bastard!:pac:

Significant update coming in a few months. See http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/windowsphone/. Looks great!

It will be available as before by updating through the Zune app.

Bastard!:pac:

If you weren't a moderator, I'd report you for abuse...:D:D:D

If you were'nt a moderator, I'd report you for abuse...:D:D:D

Well mine arrived about 30 mins ago!

Awesome feel to it, it's having some trouble picking up my sim card for some reason. It seems very slick though.

Do you have a old sim card? You can get a new one from from your provider.

Or make sure its in the right way :)

Or make sure its in the right way :)

Ye, it turns out im an idiot!

When updating the software, is it done OTA or does it have to be through software on a PC? If the latter, will Zune run on a MAC does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ye, it turns out im an idiot!

Well you're the same idiot that I am then, so I'd call it a design flaw :pac:

antodeco wrote: »
    When updating the software, is it done OTA or does it have to be through software on a PC? If the latter, will Zune run on a MAC does anyone know?

It has done to be through Zune. A quick search shows there is a connector available on the Apple AppStore for use with WP7.

• Advertisement

bazwaldo wrote: »
    It has done to be through Zune. A quick search shows there is a connector available on the Apple AppStore for use with WP7.

Thanks. No internet access in work, so only on my phone, and couldnt be arsed searching via the net! (damn blackberry! :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement