Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:36am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.expansys.com/lg-optimus-7-204875/?partner=aw&ito=AFW47868&awc=2959_1304990928_94ffb6e58026ec9cb95a5f3fdf1fb17f

EDIT:See post 9

Cracking deal for this phone.

Link to specs here: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_e900_optimus_7_-3532.php

"This sleek and subtly attractive handset is slim, powerful and runs the incredible looking Windows Phone 7 platform. Reassuringly well-built with a premium handset feel, the LG Optimus 7's finish is excellent thanks to the metal back and rubberised coating across the chassis.

A 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor lets the Optimus 7 flow between applications with no lag and, thanks to the intuitive Windows Phone 7 interface, everything on this handset is just a few swipes away. The Optimus 7 boasts a generous 16GB of internal memory giving you room enough to store all your data, plus a 5MP camera with LED flash. The 3.8 inch LCD screen (with 800 x 480 pixel resolution) is bright, sharp and pleasingly responsive to your fingertips. As well as the smartphone staples of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G there is DNLA connectivity, and with Windows Phone you have Office, Zune and XBox Live software in your hand.

LG have made this smartphone stand out from the Windows crowd with apps such as PlayTo which sends your data over DNLA, ScanSearch, an augmented reality app that can detect and highlight amenities, such as restaurants, hotels and public transport up to a five mile radius plus a panoramic shot mode for up to 360 degree photos. There's even voice-to-text control that lets you speak commands to open and control many of the Optimus 7's applications."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I have this phone and think its great. Very well built and the Windows Phone 7 UI is very nice. OS is very stable and updates are starting to rollout which are seamless. There are still a good few features to be added (due in a few months I believe) and the app store is getting there.

The camera like most on phones is great in daylight but you'd want a very steady hand in anything less than a sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

if you buy with one-click - the item will not be shipped to your default address
    otherwise ,there is no problem

Ps - I bought the phone few hours ago and got confirming email straight after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Doesn't work for me - checked all possible options (one-click, non one-click) and I've been rejected. Seems like jarecki1976 used some german address probably.

• Advertisement

nope

from bestellbestaetigung@amazon.de bestellbestaetigung@amazon.de
    to ................................................
    date Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    subject Ihre Bestellung bei Amazon.de
    mailed-by bounces.amazon.com
    Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.
    hide details 8:13 PM (9 hours ago)

Vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung, ......

Möchten Sie Ihre Bestellung ändern?
    Wenn Sie Ihre Bestellung überprüfen oder ändern möchten, besuchen Sie unsere Homepage unter www.Amazon.de und klicken Sie auf den Button "Mein Konto", den Sie oben rechts auf jeder Seite finden.
    Bestellinformation:
    E-Mail-Adresse: ..................
    Rechnungsadresse:
    tallaght dublin24
    dublin, dublin 24
    Irland

Versandadresse

tallaght dublin24
    dublin, dublin 24
    Irland

Gesamtsumme dieser Bestellung: EUR 217,79
    Bestellungsübersicht:
    Einzelheiten zum Versand : price-guard
    Bestellnummer: 302-3016137-9014768
    Versand: Standardversand
    Bevorzugte Versandart: Komplettversand: Meine bestellten Artikel in so wenige Einzellieferungen wie möglich zusammenfassen
    Zwischensumme: EUR 199,89
    Verpackung und Versand: EUR 17,90
    Gesamtsumme für diese Bestellung: EUR 217,79

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 21. Mai 2011 - 10. Juni 2011
    1 "LG E900 Optimus 7 Smartphone (Windows Phone 7, 9.7cm (3.8 Zoll) Touchscreen, 5MP Kamera, GPS, WiFi, 16GB interner Speicher) schwarz"
    Elektronik; EUR 199,89
    Auf Lager.
    Verkauf durch: price-guard

Sie benötigen Hilfe beim Prüfen und Ändern Ihrer Bestellungen?
    Umfassende Informationen darüber, wie Sie Ihre Bestellungen aufrufen, prüfen und verwalten können, finden Sie auf unseren Hilfeseiten unter www.amazon.de/hilfe/.

Bitte beachten Sie: Diese E-Mail dient lediglich der Bestätigung des Einganges Ihrer Bestellung und stellt noch keine Annahme Ihres Angebotes auf Abschluss eines Kaufvertrages dar. Ihr Kaufvertrag für einen Artikel kommt zu Stande, wenn wir Ihre Bestellung annehmen, indem wir Ihnen eine E-Mail mit der Benachrichtigung zusenden, dass der Artikel an Sie abgeschickt wurde. Dies ist eine automatisch versendete Nachricht. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die Adresse nur zur Versendung von E-Mails eingerichtet ist. Sie erreichen uns über das Kontaktformular http://www.amazon.de/kontakt auf unseren Hilfe-Seiten.

Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihren Besuch.

Amazon.de
    Günstige Preise bei Elektronik & Foto, DVD, Musik, Bücher, Games, Spielzeug & mehr

Möchten Sie E-Mails nicht im HTML-Format erhalten? Bitte hier klicken

I used Irish delivery address:)

Would be much useful if you can point links on www.
    But I finally managed and ordered one today. Had to turn Adblock off (Firefox) and than some more buttons shown :-).
    Thank you.

Amazon's price still dropping - it's €182 now:

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-interner-Speicher/dp/B0044BCTU0

And you should you add approx. €17 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Wow great price, very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Couldn't complete the order either because of my address.

Can someone explain what exactly I need to do?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah, I'm the same.

" This item can not be selected address sent to the. ( Read more .) Either change the delivery address, or remove the item by clicking "Delete. "

" Dieser Artikel kann nicht an die ausgewählte Adresse versandt werden. (Erfahren Sie mehr.) Ändern Sie entweder die Lieferadresse, oder entfernen Sie den Artikel durch klicken auf "Löschen". "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Select the link to the other sellers and the one from PriceGuard got me to the last page and allowed by address. Worked out €190 or so.

Some seller for €220 also worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Cheers Bazwaldo! About time I moved into the smartphone market! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

In the market myself for a smartphone. Was going to get a San Francisco Blade but this is also tempting. Does this support flash? Not sure about the lack of apps etc. or stick with android.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've had an eye up an omnia WP7 but just took this at 200 bills..so now I don't have to sign up for a new contract just to try WP7

nice one OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I was just looking at the dimensions of it on gsmarena it seems pretty big.
    Anyone know what it's like to hold compared to an iphone 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Cheers man just placed the order off amazon.de :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That really is a great deal, not the nicest looking handset IMHO but not the worst either to be fair. And the spec is great to be fair. Windows phone 7 seems a fairly nice os to use too, plenty updates coming onstream for it too

Talking about Windows7 / Android - there are few €50-60 Android supporting phones but it's hard to find any Win7's below €300. That's what makes this deal GOOD.
    I used Windows Mobile sine 2004, had some break for last 2 years but happy to go back. I hope Microsoft-Nokia cooperation will come with great Windows Mobile future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The reason for that is that Microsoft set fairly strict on the minimum specs have to be for a phone to run WP7, bitta good and a bad thing IMO. Good thing because you know ypu're gonna get a phone that runs the OS properly, bad because you're effectively freezing out the PAYG market because of the obvious high prices that come with phones capable of running the OS.

This deal, though is an exception to the rule. It is obviously though that the much reduced price is a sign than the 2nd generation of WP7 handsets is imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Thats a great price for the hardware alright. Is there any way of installing Android on this phone?

The reason for asking is though its got a pretty interface, I'm not really sure what I can do with a Win7 phone.

I have an Android tablet at the moment, and mostly use it for reading ebooks and browsing the internet. I use Calibre to transfer ebooks to the device, B&N's reader app in the tablet handles ebooks amazingly well. I use Opera Mobile for the internet, that syncs up nicely with all my favorites on my desktop PC through My Opera.

But I read I can't do all this with a Win7 phone because it doesn't show up as a USB drive when connected to a PC, which locks it out of Calibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

But I read I can't do all this with a Win7 phone because it doesn't show up as a USB drive when connected to a PC, which locks it out of Calibre?

According to this info you can access Calibre using an app called Freda.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just ordered one there myself. I wanted to try a WP7 phone, so for €200 I gladly will. Im waiting for the HTC Evo 3D, but I reckon that will be around halloween!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Can you put Android on one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you've never used Windows mobile 7, please god try it before you buy one, go into a phone shop and ask for a demo etc. It's worse than unuseable for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sdonn wrote: »
    If you've never used Windows mobile 7, please god try it before you buy one, go into a phone shop and ask for a demo etc. It's worse than unuseable for me.

Ditto.....
    I'd sooner kill myself than try to use it.......
    You *need* to try one out first- and this is from someone who actually had a Windows Mobile 6.5 phone........

Correct- its a totally different operating system.
    I hated my Zune (then again I hated my iPod too)- and Windows Mobile 7 in my eyes is a souped up version of the Zune operating system......

Whack ES File Explorer on an Android handset- and you've a very functional operating system. Windows Mobile 7, I hate......

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I used Android version 1.6 for 6 months and it was torture, I really dont rate the Android OS. I have heard the Win 7 phone OS is extremely quick and easy to use. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Android 1.6 was torture- happily 2.3 (Gingerbread) is a lot better.

I wonder is it possible to hack one of these? They really are flogging them off......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

smccarrick wrote: »
    Android 1.6 was torture- happily 2.3 (Gingerbread) is a lot better.

I wonder is it possible to hack one of these? They really are flogging them off......

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't mind one considering the price. But i'm not so sure about windows phone 7. I had been pretty set on Android 2.3+ for my next phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement