Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Hey guys, I recently bought an ipod touch 4g, and am happy enough with it, but was just wondering from the guys that bought this if I am better off returning it for this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hey guys, I recently bought an ipod touch 4g, and am happy enough with it, but was just wondering from the guys that bought this if I am better off returning it for this?

Personally I wouldn't buy a ipod or similar device again. I'd want an all in one device that is your phone/music/internet etc in one package. This would fit the bill. If i were in your position i'd probably get this over it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Personally I wouldn't buy a ipod or similar device again. I'd want an all in one device that is your phone/music/internet etc in one package. This would fit the bill. If i were in your position i'd probably get this over it tbh.

Ok thats great! thanks for your input.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

For any WP7 newcomers out of this thread, the big boards thread on all things WP7 is at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056001288

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

iPod touch still has the sharper screen, video skype, bigger selection of apps, really depends on what features you use. One device is handy but battery life can be shorter the more you do with it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Do I want it ............. Yep

Do I need it .............. Nope

Did I get it.................... Oh yeah :D

Thanks Bargain Alerts - yet another impulse purchase :p

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Do I want it ............. Yep

Do I need it .............. Nope

Did I get it.................... Oh yeah :D

Thanks Bargain Alerts - yet another impulse purchase :p

Emm...I'll give ya 20 quid for it so! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just wondering has anybody's orders been sent out yet from price-guard? Order status says its shipping soon so hopefully I will have it by sometime next week :)

Pyridine wrote: »
    Emm...I'll give ya 20 quid for it so! :p

LOL - nice try :D

If i gave away everything that I ddn't "NEED" I'd have no toys left.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

I want to buy this but I cant navigate around the site as it in german. Suggestions!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I want to buy this but I cant navigate around the site as it in german. Suggestions!!

Use google chrome web browser and it auto-translates (roughly!) every webpage in a different language, very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Google translates website quite well but doesn't work with https which make it useless while you log-in and buying a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I tried it today and it's fast, vivid glossy screen, and sleek. But I just don't get the Windows Phone user interface.

The home screen squares are scrunched on the left & there's one tiny arrow floating on its own at the top right, which leaves a thick empty column below the arrow, about one quarter of the screen! That seemed like an awful waste of screen real estate and has the effect of making the screen look smaller.

The navigation is the really confusing bit - apparently left & right swipes scroll, but the top & bottom swipes also scroll.. so I scrolled my way around & got lost in the menu system, unsure how to scroll back to a particular screen... but thats where the home button proved useful & I had to start all over again... it really does take some getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Just got an email to say mine has shipped. Always wanted to try Windows 7 and it's a great price. Having said that, I plan to buy the Samsung Galaxy S2 when it appears here..... Please stop posting these bargain alerts, I'll be smashed! Cheers OP, I think.

Got the mail too.
    Should have it middle if next week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think i'm going to hold off buying this one. I'm tempted because of how ridiculous that price is! But i know I really just want a Galaxy S2...it'll be a while before i buy one though.

Great BA cheers"!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Another BA that I don't need, but bought! Got the email today too anyway. Worst case scenario I don't like it, its a nice present for someone :D

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The only problem with waiting is that the Galaxy S2 wont be cheap and then you wont want to buy it as it will be too expensive!

I know i know! I'm even questioning my reasoning now!

This phone is such a bargain! It features the same 1GHZ snapdragon processor as other high end smartphones do (Nexus one, HTC desire etc) and it does not skip on features.

One disadvantage is that it does not have a super AMOLED screen however I have read in reviews that the only difference you will notice is that on the amoled screen the black level is truly black and not grey but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Just wondering if you managed to order. At similar stage to you. Seems to tell me that it will not ship here.

• Advertisement

Jomcc wrote: »
    Just wondering if you managed to order. At similar stage to you. Seems to tell me that it will not ship here.

You have to click on "48 new" and then click on the top result which should be price-guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is this deal over now then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is this deal over now then?

See Post 9

Gonna edit first post

Right...im in impulse buy mode so i've just bought it!

Hahaha here's hoping it's good!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You have to click on "48 new" and then click on the top result which should be price-guard.

Thanks for that.........bought it. Looking forward to it, & hope don't regret going for WP7 over iphone or Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Jomcc wrote: »
    Thanks for that.........bought it. Looking forward to it, & hope don't regret going for WP7 over iphone or Android.

Best of luck getting a new iphone sim free for €200:)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Thinkin of buying one of these. Waiting until you guys get yours and post here how it is :)

breathn wrote: »
    Thinkin of buying one of these. Waiting until you guys get yours and post here how it is :)

There's plenty of great reviews online.

Windows phone 7 is supposed to be very good, the UI looks great and it looks fast.

Also there's a big update coming to the OS in the next few months, which supposedly will improve things a lot too. I think it's a great bargain, for such high end hardware.
    1Ghz processor, 512mb of RAM.

I'll post up a review when i get mine! Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

There's plenty of great reviews online.

Windows phone 7 is supposed to be very good, the UI looks great and it looks fast.

Also there's a big update coming to the OS in the next few months, which supposedly will improve things a lot too. I think it's a great bargain, for such high end hardware.
    1Ghz processor, 512mb of RAM.

I'll post up a review when i get mine! Can't wait now!

Oh yeah I read the reviews, I mean a review of the seller/buying experience ;)

Hope these things are packaged well, don't get caught for customs (can you get caught for customs from germany?), are sim unlocked, etc :)

• Advertisement

breathn wrote: »
    Oh yeah I read the reviews, I mean a review of the seller/buying experience ;)

Hope these things are packaged well, don't get caught for customs (can you get caught for customs from germany?), are sim unlocked, etc :)

You only get stung for customs when buying from outside the EU. So we're grand on that front.

I'll let you know about the rest when i get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement