Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Just ordered one myself. Does anyone know where I can pick up a decent silicone cover for it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

For those of you thinking more along the lines of Android- have a look at today's IBood- an LG Optimus Chic E720 for ~E150, incl. postage.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Whats the warranty like on this? Does win7 have an app store like android/iOS?

Also, is it worth upgrading from a HTC Legend to this? I like the legend as its a unibody phone, but is this made from metal/aluminium or just plastic?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Whats the warranty like on this? Does win7 have an app store like android/iOS?

Also, is it worth upgrading from a HTC Legend to this? I like the legend as its a unibody phone, but is this made from metal/aluminium or just plastic?

Windows phone 7 does have an app store. I have no experience with it yet. It does not have the same amount of apps as android and iOS, but it is growing. It looks promising.

I would say it's a decent upgrade for the price, better processor, better RAM, screen etc.

It could be worth seeing how some of us get on with it first. The biggest change will be the OS.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Im going to get stoned for this but I am a fan of Microsoft (:eek:). They get a bit of rough ride on some forums but they do look after there customers. Alot of other large tech companies (cough Apple/Sony) dont so I am willing to give the Windows phone a try.

No probs here- I do a lot of Beta testing for them, and I think Windows 7 is a wonderful operating system. I personally never liked Zunes (never liked iPods either) and I dislike the operating system that they ported over for Windows Mobile 7.

Microsoft have been great friends of many of us here- how many of us got free software from them over the years- and you certainly don't have other companies that run student discounts to the same extent as MS do.......

I like the company- and I like a lot of their products- I just don't like Windows 7 Mobile......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My Optimus 7 shipped earlier this afternoon. DHL, i wonder how long it will take??? I really want it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Im going to get stoned for this but I am a fan of Microsoft (:eek:). They get a bit of rough ride on some forums but they do look after there customers. Alot of other large tech companies (cough Apple/Sony) dont so I am willing to give the Windows phone a try.

The funny thing about Microsoft, is that after decades of being the giant evil dominator, they now find themselves almost in the underdog position, certainly in the mobile world.

While remaining giant, they are not really dominating now, and if evilness is measured in dominance and control, Google is getting there, despite it's motto (Don't be evil). And Apple... now worth far more than Microsoft... is looking a little evil too!

Ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

My Optimus 7 shipped earlier this afternoon. DHL, i wonder how long it will take??? I really want it now!

Should take at least 4-5 days. DHL is the equivalent of an post in Germany.

Google are the world leaders in evilness according to many people.

Ironic, given their company motto.......

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Should take at least 4-5 days. DHL is the equivalent of an post in Germany.

Cool i'll just have to be patient i suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mine was shipped on Friday Afternoon.
    Hopefully will have it mid-week

Looking forward to my new toy and seeing what windows 7 mobile is like

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Mine has arrived in Portlaoise mail centre. Now for the russian roulette of the Irish postal service. If I were in a normal country, I should receive it tomorrow. We shall see.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine has arrived in Ireland as of 1am this morning! If its DHL over here or parcel express, it could be out this evening! Why did I get it sent to my parents address and not mine!! :(

Mine has left Germany, if im really lucky i'll get it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

antodeco wrote: »
    Mine has arrived in Ireland as of 1am this morning! If its DHL over here or parcel express, it could be out this evening! Why did I get it sent to my parents address and not mine!! :(

The German post office's parcels business name is DHL-Deutsche Post.

As another poster has said his parcel is in the Portlaoise mail centre the parcels appear to be coming through the post system rather than DHL.

invest4deepvalue.com

How are you guys tracking it?
    I had no tracking nunber in my email...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    How are you guys tracking it?
    I had no tracking nunber in my email...

I did. Did you order from price-guard? They sent me an email (in German) with a tracking number. It only tracks on dhl as far as the German border. Once it arrives in Ireland you can then track it with An Post with the same number.

Yep ordered from them.
    got a mail from amazon to confirm my order was shipped on friday afternoon.
    No mail from price guard themselves though...

Edit....
    It was in my spam
    phone is on route to me now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Expansys is gone up in price :( so will have to order off Amazon.de

Is the phone going to be in english and have irish plugs with it? Also is the one on amazon.de unlocked?

Tinie wrote: »
    Expansys is gone up in price :( so will have to order off Amazon.de

Is the phone going to be in english and have irish plugs with it? Also is the one on amazon.de unlocked?

It's unlocked. I doubt it will come with Irish plugs! But the plug is just an adapter with a usb port. So you plug the usb into the plug in the wall. You can buy these chargers for a fiver in most electronic shops. No biggy.

• Advertisement

It's unlocked. I doubt it will come with Irish plugs! But the plug is just an adapter with a usb port. So you plug the usb into the plug in the wall. You can buy these chargers for a fiver in most electronic shops. No biggy.
    Thats not too bad then, but how does the warranty work? Is it 1 year? And if it breaks do we send it back to Amazon Holland (I think thats it) or can we send it back to Amazon UK? Or is it LG we send it back to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thats not too bad then, but how does the warranty work? Is it 1 year? And if it breaks do we send it back to Amazon Holland (I think thats it) or can we send it back to Amazon UK? Or is it LG we send it back to?

24 month warranty, and your better going to a repair centre/LG rather than expansys

Davy wrote: »
    24 month warranty, and your better going to a repair centre/LG rather than expansys
    I would have to buy it on amazon as the price on expansys has gone up! Is it 24 months for amazon too even though its sold by a marketplace seller on amazon but its new?

Link here: http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0044BCTU0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would have to buy it on amazon as the price on expansys has gone up! Is it 24 months for amazon too even though its sold by a marketplace seller on amazon but its new?

Link here: http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0044BCTU0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

It doesn't matter who you buy it off, once its in the EU its covered under 24 month warranty. In my previous post i just said expansys as an example, Amazon is the exact same. You could send it back the point of purchase, and they will send it on for you, but its not worth the hassle. Just go directly to authorised repair centre.

Just got mine! It seems really nice. Marketplace looks a bit sparse at first glance but the OS is buttery smooth. Just updating it now with the Zune software.:)

Got mine 10 mins ago.
    Nice piece of kit, impressed with the touchscreen accuracy and responsivness.
    Its slightly smaller than my galaxy s but a good bit heavier.
    Mine came in a vodafone branded box and the bit of german i know helped to switch the language :)

Cant play with it too much as im in work but i like it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Are they all non-simlocked, including the one in the vodafone box?

breathn wrote: »
    Are they all non-simlocked, including the one in the vodafone box?
    yup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

So how does the OS compare to Android? Is it a smooth, intuitive OS? Can you customise it much?

Also whats the phone build quality like? Does it feel cheap, and is it made from plastic?

Does it come with an Irish plug in the box?

Do you recommend buying this phone?

• Advertisement

So far.
    The OS is really smooth and easy to navigate.
    Not sure about customisation yet.
    The build quality is excellent.
    No irish plug, but it uses a usb cable which can be plugged into an irish adaptor.

So far so good for me. I like the change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement