Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 12mb/25mb/50mb/100mb BB confirmed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Got my BB installed about 3 weeks ago - went for the 20 meg package. Just called sales and asked for the upgrade to 25, and it was done immediately without any questions or difficulty, not bad for an extra euro a month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I just rang, and asked about the upgrade to 100Mb + Phone for €57. I was told that since I'm on 30Mb broadband only, I could upgrade to 100Mb broadband, for €65 a month, then add the phone to that for additional cost. This was the only option available to me. I started to question this, and she immediately offered to put me through to customer loyalty. They gave me the €57 price for 100Mb and phone straight up, no arguments.

Tech is calling with the new modem on Monday morning, and a 12 month contract starts from that date.

I am with them over a year now, so am out of contract. If you are only with them a short time, or recently upgraded and are in contract, then they have you by the balls already, and have no need to try to pacify you with a new upgrade so you may or may not get this deal. It's worth a shot though, and if you are getting nowhere with the initial sales person just ask to be put through to customer loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

fionny wrote: »
    No, you dont pay for the modem as you never actually own it. There is 20euro charge for Self Install which basically covers the courier.

There is a 40euro charge for an engineer to come and install it.

Had a look at the installation workorder and the €40 charge is described as an "Equipment Activation Fee" , have no problems with the fee as the lads did a nice clean install and replaced the box on the wall , ran and tacked new cable over to the side of the room that I wanted the modem/router on.

Very happy with the install and the €40 charge is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

jor el wrote: »
    I just rang, and asked about the upgrade to 100Mb + Phone for €57. I was told that since I'm on 30Mb broadband only, I could upgrade to 100Mb broadband, for €65 a month, then add the phone to that for additional cost. This was the only option available to me. I started to question this, and she immediately offered to put me through to customer loyalty. They gave me the €57 price for 100Mb and phone straight up, no arguments.

Tech is calling with the new modem on Monday morning, and a 12 month contract starts from that date.

I am with them over a year now, so am out of contract. If you are only with them a short time, or recently upgraded and are in contract, then they have you by the balls already, and have no need to try to pacify you with a new upgrade so you may or may not get this deal. It's worth a shot though, and if you are getting nowhere with the initial sales person just ask to be put through to customer loyalty.

Are you now in a new 12 month contract now though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Yes it starts a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There is no tick box to checkout with the 100Mb + Phone for €57 on their website, it only displays the info. Ordered the 100MB for €65 last night, will have to try to change to the bundle when they contact me, I don't have UPC broadband but have the tv.

Just wondering how do they define 'new customer', is it only a new broadband customer or a new customer to any of their products?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

got mine installed yesterday and a new cable run into the apt today... tho not quiet getting the 100mb... bet i've seen it so far. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1292601217.png

and has been as low as 45mb down..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

However reading the posts here, even if you are in the middle of a contract, if you complain, the customer loyalty department will still give you the better deal. Which is pretty fair IMO.

The only thing I don't understand is why they don't just give the sales folks the ability to also do this, if you complain, without needing to put you through to the loyalty department. It would save them having to deal with all their customers twice.

I have to say however, it sounds like UPC's customer support has massively improved from the past. No hold time and friendly staff who are quick to help people, well done UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are you now in a new 12 month contract now though?

I will be from Monday. Any upgrade will start or re-start the contract. There is also a one off €40 charge for the tech visit for installing the new equipment.

I was paying €49.75 for 20, then 25 and now 30 since Monday (I just found out that I was auto-upgraded to 30 a few minutes ago, but haven't rebooted the modem yet), and now will get 100Mb for €57. Not a bad upgrade, worth the €40 one off and the new contract.

The new Thomson modem is not supposed to be a POS like the EPC2425 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Ok Just got off the phone after a marathon session with them :)

I was onto 5 different people in different departments and NONE would do the 57euro deal, after blowing my lid and demanding to speak to cancellations / loyalty I got through to a great man who had everything sorted out in 2 mins :)

Engineer calling on sat morning to install new modem and ill have the 100 braodband and phone service for 57 a month. Fresh 12 month contract and they waived the install fee cause i was so mad :)

My advice stay with it, they REALLY do not want to issue these bundles to existing subs without a fight.

@ decob : The speeds have always been erratic after a fresh upgrade, anytime in the past iv been upgraded its taken a week or so for the speeds to settle down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Mistmyr wrote: »
    Ok Just got off the phone after a marathon session with them :)
    @ decob : The speeds have always been erratic after a fresh upgrade, anytime in the past iv been upgraded its taken a week or so for the speeds to settle down.

grand so, will be keeping an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I am quite glad that I went for a tech install now. I have digital in each room and they all have to be re-wired before the 100mb will work. Major work the tech is saving me from doing. Ahh upc, awesome service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

KoolKid wrote: »
    It appears my line has been updated in the meantime.

1292578332.png

The Cisco modem is deffo struggling with it.
    Upload won't budge above 3 meg.
    New modem shold be here around lunch time.

I have the Cisco modem ATM, have upgraded from 20MB to 50MB, uploaded has happened so far, but not the d/l speed.

1292636876.png

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

fayer wrote: »
    Upgraded to the 50MB today no issues. New modem coming out via currier.

Anyone know if you change package like this, is your downloads for the current month reset to 0 ?

Technical support just told me that the download allowance is counted from the beginning of the month. I then asked if I got started a contract in the middle of the month would I then have 250GBs to play with on the 50 MB deal and they said yes.
    I wasn't sure about it myself, but that seems very clear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I will be from Monday. Any upgrade will start or re-start the contract. There is also a one off €40 charge for the tech visit for installing the new equipment.

I was paying €49.75 for 20, then 25 and now 30 since Monday (I just found out that I was auto-upgraded to 30 a few minutes ago, but haven't rebooted the modem yet), and now will get 100Mb for €57. Not a bad upgrade, worth the €40 one off and the new contract.

The new Thomson modem is not supposed to be a POS like the EPC2425 either.

Anyone know what the deal is with new contracts? Is it just for the 100Mb service? I moved to the new 25Mb service and there was no mention of a new contract. We're with them just over a year now so out of contract I guess

Anyone know what the deal is with new contracts? Is it just for the 100Mb service? I moved to the new 25Mb service and there was no mention of a new contract. We're with them just over a year now so out of contract I guess

Not sure but us 50 and 100meg folks are being put into new contracts... which doesnt really bother me anyway seen as if i move to another upc area its no big deal and if you move out of upc coverage the contract is waived anyway (or so they told me a few years ago)

Not sure but us 50 and 100meg folks are being put into new contracts... which doesnt really bother me anyway seen as if i move to another upc area its no big deal and if you move out of upc coverage the contract is waived anyway (or so they told me a few years ago)

Including if you move abroad?

Including if you move abroad?

Well considering that would be outside their coverage I would think so...

When I signed up for the first time years ago I was told if I cancelled prematurely it would be a 120euro charge or If i was moving outside their coverage then it was free as they couldnt supply..

This might have changed though so dont hold me to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Not worth the hassle. Abusive phone call from the sales person (her end) refusing to put me through to customer loyalty. I think they're onto the "I'm cancelling..." ruse. My existing contract runs out in a month. Will take a weeks holiday and get the deal. UPC are the new NTL (oh....thats right, they already were):rolleyes:

Not worth the hassle. Abusive phone call from the sales person (her end) refusing to put me through to customer loyalty. I think they're onto the "I'm cancelling..." ruse. My existing contract runs out in a month. Will take a weeks holiday and get the deal. UPC are the new NTL (oh....thats right, they already were):rolleyes:

You're the first person who has had no satisfaction when they pushed the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Got this sorted today, had to threaten to cancel to get them to agree to give us the bundle. Had to agree to a 1 year contract.

Quick question do I need to cancel with Eircom? On the phone the guy said to cancel the broadband but leave the phone and then use the number porting form on their site and that would transfer the phone over and effectively cancel it.

How ever on the form it says to not cancel the phone or the broadband and just submit the form, that this would cancel the broadband and transfer the phone. The form states that canceling the broadband could delay the transfer of the phone number.

So do I need to cancel nothing or just the broadband?

Has anyone noticed this in the Ts & Cs?
    Average expected broadband speeds at peak times are 12Mb, 25Mb, 50Mb and 100Mb for our Fibre Power Broadband packs.

That's a bit optimistic isn't it?

Why are people ringing and not filling out the boards.ie form in order to get the €50 voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just had the technicians out there, They said the new lines aren't active yet, So they couldn't install it.

Was pretty pissed, Because when i ordered they said 100Mb was available at my address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Cheers. Do you actually get sent a copy of the contract? Something to sign?

ttcomet wrote: »
    Got this sorted today, had to threaten to cancel to get them to agree to give us the bundle. Had to agree to a 1 year contract.

Quick question do I need to cancel with Eircom? On the phone the guy said to cancel the broadband but leave the phone and then use the number porting form on their site and that would transfer the phone over and effectively cancel it.

How ever on the form it says to not cancel the phone or the broadband and just submit the form, that this would cancel the broadband and transfer the phone. The form states that canceling the broadband could delay the transfer of the phone number.

So do I need to cancel nothing or just the broadband?

Couldnt tell you mate, sorry. I would imagine cancelling the Broadband with Eircom is fine. Id just follow what the dude on the phone said and blame them if anything goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Thor wrote: »
    Just had the technicians out there, They said the new lines aren't active yet, So they couldn't install it.

Was pretty pissed, Because when i ordered they said 100Mb was available at my address.

Thats is a complete pisser, i would be so annoyed.
    Hope you didnt have to take time off work for the tech to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Dad was paying 60.69 euro for 20mb Bb world anytime phone so rang them got 50mb and down grade phone for 47 a month is that total or do you pay other fees that they don't show on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Thats is a complete pisser, i would be so annoyed.
    Hope you didnt have to take time off work for the tech to come

I did, So its even worse.

Also will have to probably take another day off when they finally can install it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why are people ringing and not filling out the boards.ie form in order to get the €50 voucher?

I tried that, they rang and the guy couldn't give me the package on the system as it says the 50mb is not available to me (on 30mb at the moment). However I also did the online form and the courier is delivering tomorrow. Also the guy quoted me €83 per month vs €80 from the online offer.

Advertisement