Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 12mb/25mb/50mb/100mb BB confirmed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

KoolKid wrote: »
    Just off the phone to a very nice customer service guy. He double checked with supervisor & neither of them can think of any reason why a modem was not given either way.
    He's sending him back today, so heres hoping.:D

Should be fine, just dont take no for an answer this time! You do need the new modem to get the full benefit of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Do these prices include VAT?

Like €60 for 25Mbps, Digital Value & phone. Will that actually work out to around €73 a month incl vat

beglee wrote: »
    Do these prices include VAT?

Like €60 for 25Mbps, Digital Value & phone. Will that actually work out to around €73 a month incl vat

Prices on their site include VAT.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

fionny wrote: »
    Should be fine, just dont take no for an answer this time! You do need the new modem to get the full benefit of the line.

Just got a call back . new modem on the way , :D

Just got a call back . new modem on the way , :D

Sorted! :) Cannot wait for Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

slave1 wrote: »
    I'm booked in this morning so should have it up and running by the time I get home:), as an afterthought I really hope I don't have to redo all my homegroup/network/IP settings:(

After the install is done and the upc guys leave just log into the router and change it's setting to match your old settings.

I logged into it as soon as they left and changed the router ip addy , ssid , username , password , wpa key , ssid broadcast and the amount of devices that could connect , to the old settings that I had in my linksys router.

@ Koolkid : when they came to install my 100Mb they had no new modem with them and none in the van , had to come back a few hours later with it to do the 100Mb install.

Was I surprised ?

Only in the fact that they came back :D .

Dear God Clover I hope they dont do that to me, my heart will break!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Clover wrote: »
    @ Koolkid : when they came to install my 100Mb they had no new modem with them and none in the van , had to come back a few hours later with it to do the 100Mb install.

Was I surprised ?

Only in the fact that they came back :D .

In fairness the guy seemed to be doing what he was told by someone else. He did call it in to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So I rang up upc today to see about getting the 100mb pacakge for €85, but was told that it is only for new customers. It will cost me €75 but without all the tv stations. Sort of pissed off that it is only for new customers. Haven't ordered yet.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    So I rang up upc today to see about getting the 100mb pacakge for €85, but was told that it is only for new customers. It will cost me €75 but without all the tv stations. Sort of pissed off that it is only for new customers. Haven't ordered yet.

I think we need to sticky certain posts or some such :P

@Duff-Man if you complain and ask to speak to the loyalty dept you will get the 100meg + phone for the 57euro but will have to enter a new 12month contract.

Also mention the free install on the website and you might get 20 of the 40euro charge waived.

• Advertisement

Tell them you are cancelling & you will be put onto customer loyalty. They will sort you out.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 plumbman

did anyone get your 100 meg yet i got mine yesterday in navan , the upload has gone up to approx 9 meg but download has gone down from 30 to anywhere in between 5 and 28 megs no where near the supposed 100, any one else having problems

plumbman wrote: »
    did ya get your 100 meg yet i got mine yesterday in navan , the upload has gone up to approx 9 meg but download has gone down from 30 to anywhere in between 5 and 28 megs no where near the supposed 100, any one else having problems

havent got mine installed yet but thats not the same story we've been hearing from others...

How are you connected to the modem? Wireless or Wired and if wireless what standard?

Did you use speedtest.net or another? What Location did you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Got the missus to ring, same story.
    I am currently on 20mb with phone (peak and off peak) and TV for 65 a month.
    I asked about 100mb and was told it would be 30 more a month and 40 for the router?
    Anyone know how much more for the 100mb considering the package I am on.

sham69 wrote: »
    I asked about 100mb and was told it would be 30 more a month and 40 for the router?

Its all on their site:

http://www.upc.ie/deals/tvbroadbandphone/fibrepowerultimate/

Basically 90euro per month.

That Includes:
    Anytime World
    100meg BB
    Digital Max and +

There will also be a one off install charge for the 100meg of 40euro

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Never mind sorry.... wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Tell them you are cancelling & you will be put onto customer loyalty. They will sort you out.;)

I am only with them at best 3 months, so I don't think they would allow me to quit. Any other way of getting around this?

I am only with them at best 3 months, so I don't think they would allow me to quit. Any other way of getting around this?

Just tell them you think it is GROSSLY unfair how you are being treated as an existing customer and it will reflect on how you speak of UPC to others... insist on speaking with the loyalty department.

Hi fionni, i am wired through ethernret to new packard bell one two, have tried upc speed test as well as .net and magnet, its worse than my 30 meg bundle i had previously

Hi fionni, i am wired through ethernret to new packard bell one two, have tried upc speed test as well as .net and magnet, its worse than my 30 meg bundle i had previously

Strange, others were reporting 96mb on speed test, try restart the modem if that doesnt sort it I would give them a bell and ask what the story is...

I remember when the 30meg rolled out there was a few weeks of teething problems though.

• Advertisement

thanks fionni, i have tried restarting the modem several times to no avail , upc have forwarded it on to installs but no call , it just gets on my nerves that i have no problem paying for it but i want the product that i am paying for , if i went to install a gas boiler for them but turned up with an oil tank they would be pretty pissed off too

joke:
    On top of the 40 for the modem they mentioned 60 euro (I think it was 60)
    for installation?

@Plumbman I totally understand your point I would be pissed too!

@Sham that isnt right, its 40euro at most.

It appears my line has been updated in the meantime.

1292578332.png

The Cisco modem is deffo struggling with it.
    Upload won't budge above 3 meg.
    New modem shold be here around lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

thanks fionni, i have tried restarting the modem several times to no avail , upc have forwarded it on to installs but no call , it just gets on my nerves that i have no problem paying for it but i want the product that i am paying for , if i went to install a gas boiler for them but turned up with an oil tank they would be pretty pissed off too

If they arrive to my house on saturday with a boiler i'll be well annoyed :)

Ah no, keep contacting them mate - if you are without for a few days ask for a discount on your bill. Have done that before no issues.

:D haha mc , thanks will deffo be in touch regulary till its sorted

fionny wrote: »
    @Plumbman I totally understand your point I would be pissed too!

@Sham that isnt right, its 40euro at most.

so , is there a charge for the modem and an installation charge?
    There seems to be conflicting reports?
    I am going to try to change my package to BB and Phone and drop the TV, go with the 100mb for 57.
    Hopefully they will let me.

so , is there a charge for the modem and an installation charge?
    There seems to be conflicting reports?
    I am going to try to change my package to BB and Phone and drop the TV, go with the 100mb for 57.
    Hopefully they will let me.

No, you dont pay for the modem as you never actually own it. There is 20euro charge for Self Install which basically covers the courier.

There is a 40euro charge for an engineer to come and install it.

Other charges would be if you opted to get a handset from them or a wireless dongle etc... or extra work you opted to have done thats no included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Currently on 30 Mbs (€42)/ Digital Max (€38.74) / phone (€6) coming to about €86.74. Just two questions to anyone in the know (I don't want to ring UPC until I at least have a clue what I'm talking about).

I know I'll need a wireless-n router if I jump to 50 Mbs but is it true that I'm looking at €3 extra per month with the increased broadband ?
    ...and will the existing 30 Mbs jump to 50 in the course of time ?

• Advertisement

Currently on 30 Mbs (€42)/ Digital Max (€38.74) / phone (€6) coming to about €86.74. Just two questions to anyone in the know (I don't want to ring UPC until I at least have a clue what I'm talking about).

I know I'll need a wireless-n router if I jump to 50 Mbs but is it true that I'm looking at €3 extra per month with the increased broadband ?
    ...and will the existing 30 Mbs jump to 50 in the course of time ?

For the same pack as you have with the addition of free evening and weekend calls and 50meg interwebs you will pay 75 per month.
    http://www.upc.ie/deals/tvbroadbandphone/fibrepowerultimate/

They will give you a new modem / router capable of wireless N, new dongles are extra.

Hope this helps?

Advertisement