Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

chunkis wrote: »
    Are you trying to derail your own thread?

Keep your thread on topic, you never know whos reading it.

The thread here is for people on this board.
    The tournament information is CLEARLY STATED on the website.
    We have a stand alone website for this, we also have an official facebook/twitter page pushing this. I really dont see the need for formality on the 4th page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

You have as much chance of speaking to him as i do, hes a hard man to get in touch with, maybe try facebook? Or his srk account, but his personal email i gave to you is the best way to contact him.

What exactly do you want me to say?

Email me over exactly what you want to say at chunkis00@hotmail.com and Ill forward it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

chunkis wrote: »
    You have as much chance of speaking to him as i do, hes a hard man to get in touch with, maybe try facebook? Or his srk account, but his personal email i gave to you is the best way to contact him.

What exactly do you want me to say?

Email me over exactly what you want to say at chunkis00@hotmail.com and Ill forward it on.

I sent you across an email. Thanks. :)

Placebo wrote: »
    We have a stand alone website for this, we also have an official facebook/twitter page pushing this. I really dont see the need for formality on the 4th page of this thread.

Back on Topic please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Placebo wrote: »

When you organise events you need to be professional and as organised as you can be, you never know who is reading the forum and thinking about contacting people like ayja to run a tournament or an event, so its important to always be professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Show some professionalism lads, look at last years professionally run event for some inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

bush wrote: »
    Show some professionalism lads, look at last years professionally run event for some inspiration.
    emptyquotin' dis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Should recreate this thread on neoempire to see if any of the UK heads will come over

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Should recreate this thread on neoempire to see if any of the UK heads will come over

Cool thanks Fergus. :D

Post away. Like I said, all the help I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Im thinking of booking this weekend off work, any other scumbags from limerick definitely heading up?

• Advertisement

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Im thinking of booking this weekend off work, any other scumbags from limerick definitely heading up?

As Sai said, Pilgrimages all the way..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I put an event page up on Facebook for the tourney but I cannot figure out how to 'invite' or 'make admin' the Street Fighter Ireland profile.

Any takers? FB = Crapness

Also, people should pass it on FB to people I wont/dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think the event might have to be created by the SF Ireland page, I'll try when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Did you put this event on SRK?
    SRK->Tournaments & Events

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you put this event on SRK?
    SRK->Tournaments & Events

The volunteering on this forum is great. Thanks Kiki. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TastyC

Sup Irish Broskis,

Posted a link to the NE front page for you. If you want me to add anything tell me on here or ne.

Are there going to be side tournaments? I wouldn't mind running a ST side thing :D

TastyC wrote: »
    Sup Irish Broskis,

Posted a link to the NE front page for you. If you want me to add anything tell me on here or ne.

Are there going to be side tournaments? I wouldn't mind running a ST side thing :D

There may be side tourneys, it all depends on the amount of consoles and the amount of people there. If the time constraints allow, then we will :).

Thanks for the promo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TastyC

No prob :)

Can we get some specifics like times, locations, and nearby hotels and stuff? There's a deal on ryan air for a flight on 16th to 19th for 30 quid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Have fun all, Dont go having fights with each other like last year.

• Advertisement

TastyC wrote: »
    No prob :)

Can we get some specifics like times, locations, and nearby hotels and stuff? There's a deal on ryan air for a flight on 16th to 19th for 30 quid :D

Not a problem. The exchange is in the middle of Dublin in Temple bar. Here is a link to it on maps. From the map, you can see that its right in the middle of town.

As for hotels, anywhere in the city centre will leave you within a 10 minute walking distance. I will contact one of the hotels close by and ask about a group discount if there are a couple of you coming over? Let me know anyway and I will see about getting a promo code for everyone attending the tourney to get a discount on a hotel stay. I will then see about putting that up on the site but I would say to use this thread as you information source. :)

The tourney itself will be on sat 18th June, from 10am till 6pm. We will be beering afterwards I am sure at some wateringhole.

Have fun all, Dont go having fights with each other like last year.

Are you not coming? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Uh, Oh, Soo much hype !! Crazy prizes !! I must be there ! :eek:
    Just got my self registered at evo.streetfighter.ie, Best luck to all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Should be there playing everything but SF4. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thread created on SRK; and the event has been added to SRK Calendar (needs to be approved).
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/%2Aevo-2k11-qualifier-tournament%2A-dublin-ireland-june-18th-2011-a-272340/

Mods, sticky this thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Nice one.

If you use bit.ly or some other url shortener, you can see the clicks you're receiving and where from.

edit; also submit it to Keits as news, to get a front page mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This looks epic , fair play. Hope to make it too.

What's the maximum occupancy of exchange, by law?

I was there when i think there was mid 30's in the tournament plus quite a few spectators (including two incredibly argumentative self proclaimed biggest otaku in ireland types, ladies guard your loins) and while there was room, it seemed to me that to hold double that plus equip might be infeasible.

Since it's quite possible we might reach a 64 entries.. it might be good to know.

Oh and Tasty, I'll make sure to give you a few games of HDR or ST on a lappy, sometime during the day

Also while I'm at it;

the evo page on sf.ie, needs a link to the sf.ie front page, as after you reg there's nothing to do on the page.

And here's a qr code for the evo page on sf.ie

rComy.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

http://evo.streetfighter.ie/

-changed "Boards name" label to "Gamer Tag"
    -allowed scroll bar
    -added extra links in About section [rules/contact/location]
    -added meta/title tags for search engines [check source for the last keyword, i think it will defo help the ratings :D]

Advertisement