Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Agree with Onion, we need to be able to facebook/tweet this. There are plent of people out there who play the game who have zero interest in forums/boards.

go. fire away. I am on for all the help I can get, I love it when people volunteer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

So.... Winner of each tournament gets to go to Las Vegas, enter EVO. Or just the SSF4 tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

if we post on neo empire, there's a good chance people will come over, given the prize (last time i checked they hadn't got it in em to offer similar)

that's why i was asking you about jonny foreigners coming over.

will post later, for now... THOR!

Dwydwy wrote: »
    So.... Winner of each tournament gets to go to Las Vegas, enter EVO. Or just the SSF4 tournament?

Only SSF4 I' afraid. The other tournaments will have a prize for the winner but the trip to Vegas is only for fighting in the streets. :)

if we post on neo empire, there's a good chance people will come over, given the prize (last time i checked they hadn't got it in em to offer similar)

that's why i was asking you about jonny foreigners coming over.

will post later, for now... THOR!

Cool - sounds good. Put the regular top 8 on edge if we had a few of those boyos over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

This open to anyone? I might be up for this if it is.

I presume SSFIV/MvC3 are on 360, Blazblue on PS3 and MK9 undecided for now? I'll have to look into the costs of dualmodding my PS3 TE then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Naphiel wrote: »

I presume SSFIV/MvC3 are on 360, Blazblue on PS3 and MK9 undecided for now? I'll have to look into the costs of dualmodding my PS3 TE then.

There's no shortage of sticks at these events, there's always plenty available to use if you're playing on a different console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Thanks Paul, it took many an hour.
    Still requires a few tweaks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Looks slick Farz.

1 suggestion

- The "Boards Name" Field seems to be mandatory, Could put some folk off, especially folks who have no idea what boards is or don't use forums at all.
    I'm pimping this out fair heavily on twitter as will Dan/Dreddy on Facebook.
    maybe change to "Gamer name/tag," or similar, and change the field to optional if possible?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Registered, retweeted and ready to go :D

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »

All correct. MK9 will prob be Xbox aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is there any way to donate? I'd like to chip in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

animaX wrote: »
    Any chance you'll practice in Asian arcades, then fly over & win all stealthy-like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Kiki you know he is sitting on a day one Yun... Top tiering as usual!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Any chance you'll practice in Asian arcades, then fly over & win all stealthy-like? :)

They call him kinswadikuma in those parts of the world. I just checked google translate and it roughly translates to "dive kicking white demon". Not sure if that is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Good shtuff with this. I'll be up with bells and whistles on!
    I'll see if we can organise a wee Cork pilgrimage up your way.

A couple of notes about the website:
    Only having images for buttons irks me. I had no idea what I was looking at for a bit when I got to the site and I never think having to click a button to find out what it is is sound design. (Yes, I know there's only 3 buttons and this process takes all of 3 seconds but it still bugs me) Maybe add in text to appear under them when you hover the mouse over each button.

As mentioned above, Boards Name should probably be a generic nickname or something.

The About page doesn't fit properly on my screen. It gets cut off in the logos for all the games - about 2 pixels below "MARVEL". I'm running Firefox 4 at 1280*800.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

As far as the cork pilgrimage goes I'm in anyway. Do ye usually go up and down in the one day by train or whatever?

Thanks Paul, blame AJ, he was trying to keep the tournament local so that his best friend, brian would win the prize.
    'Boards name' Is not required anymore, il change it to Gamer Tag later and fix the positioning etc over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

This is the most hyped I\ve been since the royal wedding!

Next to Her Majesty The Queen ERII's upcoming visit to these shores, I really can't think of anything more exciting right now!!!:D

(Can't wait to take Evil Ryu on the road..........)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I hope everyone can make from all over Ireland, up north, in Cork and the other wilds as well as Dublin.

You calling Limerick wild? You tryin' to hype us bud? Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »
    Nice one Terry, I'll send you my bank details ASAP, the sponsorship will be really appreciated.......

;)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You calling Limerick wild?

Are you claiming its not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Ill donate too since i wont be attending, where do i send the money?

chunkis wrote: »
    Ill donate too since i wont be attending, where do i send the money?

My bank account. :p

I'll sort that out next week. Terry wants to as well. I'll set up either a Paypal account or something with Western Union money transfer.

website cost €300 as well
    cheers lads.:pac::pac::pac:

Placebo wrote: »
    website cost €300 as well
    cheers lads.:pac::pac::pac:

If I was paying for the site - it would work - cross browser :pac:

Ill donate too since i wont be able to attend, where do i send the money?

Ill donate too since i wont be able to attend, where do i send the money?

wallpaper1.jpg

Are you trying to derail your own thread?

Keep your thread on topic, you never know whos reading it.

• Advertisement

Are you trying to derail your own thread?

Keep your thread on topic, you never know whos reading it.

A bit of comedic value Chunkis. :cool:

Thanks for the donation. I'll get the details of where to send it early next week. Also, would it be possible for you to get in touch with Seth again? He hasn't responded to emails I sent him. I can understand he's busy but if you can, it would help :) Thanks.

Advertisement