Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RoseDeBu

I did the test today, was a bit surprised when I got the final reminder to complete them in the next two hours (I noticed later that the e-mail with the links had been sent on Monday, but went straight to my spam). I guess I did ok in the numerical reasoning test, but was surprised to find the verbal one quite hard (that would usually be my stronger performance, I'd say).

Got an email a few hours later with the video interview link, so here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 billwonga

Just finished my video interview...really nervous on my first time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 as17

I did the video interview over the weekend. I heard back within a few days for the other stages so I'm a bit discouraged that I haven't heard anything back yet about the video interview. How long did it take most people to hear whether they got through to the next round? I saw 6-7 days for one person, so maybe there's hope yet. I don't think I did great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

What's the video interview all about ? Is it a live interview ?

hi all which program did you guys apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AM_here

has anyone heard back after doing the video interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mac87

I just did the video interview. Don't think it went well. I got the same questions as 'Underground' on the last page. I was nervous and kinda froze up for both questions. I only used half the time allowed and think I was just blurting out words by the end of it. Not expecting to get any further. I applied to IBI corporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I did the interview two weeks ago now,so that clearly doesn't look good. Not expecting anythino though as I said. I applied to group finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Does anyone know if there's any stages after the Assessment Centre or do offers come in following that? Just had my video interview there so just wondering how far along the process we all are. I was asked for a time that I went the extra mile, and what sets me apart from other candidates (just bad mouthing all of you really 😉), if anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mac87

The mGrad.ie website seems to show the assessment centre as the last step before the offer. They do an Interview at the end of the assessment centre.

• Advertisement

Do you know what are the vacancies available for the Ireland and UK intake respectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kenna365

Hi guys, I too sat the video interview yesterday. Felt it went well but as many of you know that have done the interview it can be quite distracting seeing yourself on screen. It is hard to know what specifically BOI are looking for, whether it is a structured answer or your personality. My guess would be a combination of both.

Has anyone heard back at all, regarding the video interview? Could be a slightly longer process for them to analyze so try not to be too disheartened if you haven't heard anything back and hopefully just learn from the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoversRudie

Does anyone know if there's any stages after the Assessment Centre or do offers come in following that? Just had my video interview there so just wondering how far along the process we all are. I was asked for a time that I went the extra mile, and what sets me apart from other candidates (just bad mouthing all of you really 😉), if anyone is wondering.

Does the interview consist of just those two questions or is there other smaller questions which perhaps require shorter, more straight to the point answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rorymac007

No, its just two questions. Its very straight forward, but trying to record yourself when you can see yourself and trying to keep an eye on time is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoversRudie

Rorymac007 wrote: »
    No, its just two questions. Its very straight forward, but trying to record yourself when you can see yourself and trying to keep an eye on time is annoying.

Two questions for something that is said in the email to take 15-20 minutes to complete seems very little. Is it a case of how much you are able to big yourself up for ten minutes on each question?

Has anybody made it through to the assessment centre after the video interview? Most people don't seem to have heard back yet just wondering if anybody has had any response (positive or negative)?

Two questions for something that is said in the email to take 15-20 minutes to complete seems very little. Is it a case of how much you are able to big yourself up for ten minutes on each question?

Nope,you're timed on both questions. 60 seconds for each one I think it was.

It's actually 90 seconds, with 30 seconds to prepare for each question.

anyone know the job nature of the retail UK programme? I can't see much info on the web

Any news on the assessment centre yet?

• Advertisement

as17 wrote: »
    Any news on the assessment centre yet?

Nope,I reckon we'll hear from them during the week about it. They can't leave it much later.

Anyone heard anything yet?

Nope, but I guess we'll hear from them by the end of the week at the latest. The assessments start on the 19th, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear last minute whether it's yay or nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Anyone not hear anything since doing the in online tests?

sob1467 wrote: »
    Anyone not hear anything since doing the in online tests?

I heard back after a day or two but I'd say it depends on when you did them. I did the tests in October. I know the application deadline was November 2nd. There was probably a huge influx of applications in the few days before the deadline so between that and looking at video interviews it could just be backlog. I'd say you'll hear back soon either way as the assessment centre is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Finstudent

Hi has anybody heard back since their video interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Finstudent wrote: »

No! Assessment centres start next week, which is quite worrying, but I haven't heard of anybody hearing anything back yet.

Finstudent wrote: »

Still nothing. It's getting really close to the assessment centre date though so maybe they just got back to the people who got through to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pawblo Pugcasso

Been following this thread to see if anyone heard back after video interview.

Out of everyone here some one must have gotten through to the AC. Nobody heard anything at all?

• Advertisement

yeah is kinda weird pawlo. Doesn't seem like anyones heard anything back yet.

Advertisement