Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Hi folks,

All going well, I'm hoping to get in to town for the Shuffle and I just had a question........

I was thinking about bringing my white GSD(onlead of course!) with me and I was wondering if you would have non-staining fake blood there on the day to put on him, or if ye knew of somewhere I could buy some or how to make it?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Hmmm. I can't guarantee our paints will be non stain. I'll ask some of the make up artists, but in the mean time I'd be googling it, there seems to be a recipe involving strawberry milkshake and chocolate milkshake powder that claims to be non stain...

Thanks Zuroph!

Might just throw a cape or something on him then, as he's a pretty big monster to try and wash!

ACTUAL blood would prob be easier :p

zuroph wrote: »
    ACTUAL blood would prob be easier :p

D'ya know, thats not a half bad idea!

He'd probably lick it all off though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

zuroph wrote: »
    Hmmm. I can't guarantee our paints will be non stain. I'll ask some of the make up artists, but in the mean time I'd be googling it, there seems to be a recipe involving strawberry milkshake and chocolate milkshake powder that claims to be non stain...

Chocolate sauce and red food colouring makes great fake blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Chocolate sauce and red food colouring makes great fake blood!

Don't do this for a dog! Chocolate contains theobromine, which is essentially poisenous to dogs. It could potentially kill him if he licks enough of it off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was just in to the Magic Shop on Catherine Street. Got myself some face-paint, fake blood, stick-on scars and a bottle of liquid latex, all for a pretty decent price. I'll get this weekend and Halloween and of them at least, and probably more.

Silke's are sold out of the latex. I think that's a good sign. :)

they are?! ****, was counting on that, they'd 12 bottles at start of week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

Was nice zombie-movie night, place was ok, unfortunately I can't follow group to the pub :(
    photo: img2316i.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

All set for tomorrow. Can't wait!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The film was great craic! :D

And of course I had to be different, showing up as an undead super-hero instead of a regular zombie... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Christopher Reeve in a wheelchair. You pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

You were there?! I was there with Eimear :P

Brilliant movie :P Great craic last night, and I loved Zombie Jebus!

You were there?! I was there with Eimear :P

Brilliant movie :P Great craic last night, and I loved Zombie Jebus!

I was sitting over on the left hand side of the hall! Dressed up as Brandon Lee's version of The Crow (looking at you here, Beer Baron :P )

OI! get your asses down to Pier Hotel and come shake some charity buckets in town for us for an hour, need all the help we can get, lot of no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ZombieJesus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Fantastic night out! Shame about the weather. It did set an eery tone but it also resulted in fewer onlookers. The build up on Bedford Row was really cool. A really good buzz about the place. The flash mob were really great (I went to one of the classes but couldn't make it to the others sadly).
    My only gripe was with the pipe band there, the 'Shuffle' was more of a scurry. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the speed they were marching at, but either way it was a very quick, and enjoyable, walk. Fire breathers and poi were awesome.
    Nancy's was warm and had a great atmosphere especially later on when 'normal' people were going out for their Saturday night out. Passed a few zombies throughout town on the way to other pubs and my group and I were asked by curious onlookers just what exactly we were doing in Supermacs and other places.

Great night!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Is there anything happening today?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Festival got a mention in the Weekend magazine in yesterday's Independent!

Is there anything happening today?

From the Facebook page:
    Morning! Who else feels like death?! Get yourself to the zombie hangover feast in Pier hotel this morning, we're serving breakfast til late.

Festival got a mention in the Weekend magazine in yesterday's Independent!

If you've got it can you hold onto it for me, trying to keep clippings of all press coverage.

I think its safe to say that went well!! Hope you all enjoyed, I know I was delighted with the turn out considering the weather. The walk itself was a little fast yeah, the pipe band were asked to go slow but I think when things fell a little behind schedule they were in a hurry ;) Far too cute to get annoyed with though, they were incredible werent they?!
    So many people to thank for all their efforts, so I'll organise some sort of a wrap party in two/three weeks time.
    Only other gripe is that because the rain was so bad in town all day, our bucket collection didnt go as well as it could have. The take was not as good as it could have been, which is a little disappointing. If anyone wants to donate, they still can on www.outbreakfestival.com
    The press coverage, the great vibe, and the excellent turnout will be a huge help to us when we run it next year, as we now have a proven formula that people enjoyed, so thanks to EVERYONE, and looking forward to next year already!

If anyone is looking to wind down, skazz playing Foleys tonight is our wrap up gig :)

BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!

Fantastic night, Zuroph, nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Photo's look great, congrats to ye all.Recognise quite a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I don't think the rain dampened spirits at all, the only thing that was bothersome about it was it made my make-up run, so by the end of the night I looked less like a zombie and more like someone who couldn't wash properly.

Well done all I say, a fantastic proper family event, it was great to see all the children there enjoying themselves too.

OMG! It's you! It's Zombie Jesus!!!

OMG! It's you! It's Zombie Jesus!!!

that's a different zombie jesus :p

• Advertisement

One of the better pictures of me from last night, with our good friend and master photographer, XiledSniper!

298069_10150475659919251_516309250_11360153_2063135091_n.jpg

Advertisement