Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

Options
  • 20-04-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Right, here's the deal, I'm doing the zombie festival. Regardless of support, we'll force the pubs and venues into getting on board, and start small this year, then expand into a full festival weekend next year. Sure what place is gonna turn its nose up at spending customers these days??

I've been contacted by a member here about something, and will report back when I can. We have a date in mind. I've also been in touch with co-ord office, and one or two venues. anyone else who thinks they can bring something to the group, feel free to PM me. I will also be looking to try get a charity angle on this, if anyone has a charity they'd like to propose that would like to benefit, feel free to get in touch.

working title,

OUTBREAK :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Outbreak-Limerick-Zombie-Festival/338970577429

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What's the attraction of Zombies? I never got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

very simple costume to do!!

plus, mob mentality :p

and, if you mean with zombies in general, I believe its because to a certain extent its a viable theory on how mankind could end. not the old coming back from the grave types, but certainly the outbreak of infection.

Shaun of the dead hints quite perfectly why people may be drawn to zombies, because in many of our day to day comings and goings, we're pretty much half way there..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

CiaranMT wrote: »

Brains

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CiaranMT wrote: »

Zombies rule..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Don't forget to stick this up in the zombie forum.

• Advertisement

Will do, just wanna get one or two details confirmed first. Thought the Limerick forum needed to get on board first, the idea has always gotten support here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can't offer much to this, but if you need a dedicated thread for the event PM me and I'll keep one rolling for you.

cheers IO. As soon as we get the plan finalised, we'll need to start promoting this... virally (I'll get my coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    Will do, just wanna get one or two details confirmed first. Thought the Limerick forum needed to get on board first, the idea has always gotten support here.

There are plenty of lads in the zombie forum from Limerick, Tipp, Clare etc who I never see using this forum, so it could not hurt to give them a heads up there, and let them know that there is something being looked at for a future date.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

If there's a gig element to this, there's actually a band from Cork called Brains, and they're deadly. http://brainscork.bandcamp.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

You know i'm on board, anyway I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Defo onboard for this! If you need a hand with anything just PM Me!

Many thanks for the offers of support guys. I'll definitely be calling in all those offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Im on board , I can offer to help with makeup, if anyone wants?. Im a makeup artist. Favorite time of year for us is halloween, any excuse to get gory.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Outbreak-Limerick-Zombie-Festival/338970577429

hop on lads, and please share with your friends..

76 fans in an hour or two :D

doubled again.. the virus has taken hold!

outbreakfestival@hotmail.com for any suggestions or enquiries..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This should be awesome. I don't know if I'd be able to do a whole lot apart from put out the word (which I will)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Would love to take some pics of this event. I wish you the best of luck with it and hope it all goes well.

looks like we're getting invaded with photographers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

It's just a hobby of mine and this event sounds like it will be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Sweet. Love Zombie films. Hmm, maybe ill dress up as the machete in the head bloke from Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

you should try and get one of the cinema s to show a load of these over the weekend or something as well, £1 entry if you come dressed up !This is where you miss the independent cinema's or one in town:( !great to see somethig happening !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Setting up an outdoor zombie cinema effort would be the winningest imo.

Well the idea was to have some movie screenings in town (perhaps in the market as a bring your own chair/blanket event), but we have to start small this year and see how the thing builds. figners crossed though, we cn get enough people on board on the site that we have more bargaining power and a better chance of organising something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Well the idea was to have some movie screenings in town (perhaps in the market as a bring your own chair/blanket event), but we have to start small this year and see how the thing builds. figners crossed though, we cn get enough people on board on the site that we have more bargaining power and a better chance of organising something special.

That's a great idea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Great for a Zombie Themed Press Lauch? ;) We can go for some shots and brains! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

wait wait wait what the hell ye on about Zombie festival???

are the zombies going to entertain ye or is it a pretend to be zombie and beat the hell out of other zombies???

or is it just a halloween dress up where everyone is just drinking. because we have a night for that already its called.................halloween

when the idea was talked about first i assumed it was a zombie convention of sorts like the star trek or comic book conventions

as for the "i dont ge the zombies" idea................ i do think zombies are becoming as gay as vampires lately. its like get over the fetish. and there hasnt been "zombies" in a couple decades. they are just "infected"

not exactly sounding like one of our €10million ideas for limerick:D

well i hope to have a bit of everything, so yeah, i'd like to have a convention style thing too, but to gain maximum exposure, the main party atmosphere also has to take place. and since we're on a non existent budget this year, we're relying on volunteers and those with ideas to help follow them through.
    I've been overwhelmed with the amount of offers of support and assistance i've already received on email. People love the idea, and are really getting into the community spirit of it already. The charity side of it is very important to me, and so far everyone is volunteering time and efforts to make this a success. This is more than just a fancy dress, this will be many events across the city, on a weekend when business may be a bit quieter than usual, bringing in tourism, greating a positive news story for limerick, very visual which will draw national press, and will hopefully benefit charity in a big way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm 100% in. Zombies are awesome. If you do add a musical element to it, I'm in for that, too. I do a great impression of a zombie playing guitar.

Advertisement