Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Outbreak Zombie fest will be taking part in the Riverfest BBQ today, as team DEAD MEAT in association with Epic Events. Call down and say hi, its a gorgeous day!

Outbreak wins most entertaining stand, and first runner up overall as part of Epic events. Thanks to everyone that came and said hi, some absolutely amazing feedback, the city was buzzing this evening.

anyone who says it does nothing for tourism is sooo wrong, the amount of people who came chatting to us today who said Limerick was amazing was brilliant, foreigners LOVE our city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

zuroph wrote: »
    anyone who says it does nothing for tourism is sooo wrong, the amount of people who came chatting to us today who said Limerick was amazing was brilliant, foreigners LOVE our city.

10 or 20 millions for the city? ;):):cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SaraYoga

Coool! I am such a good zombie! I am always one on Halloween! Can't explain why it's so fun....

Anyway, I am totally down. Let me know if I can help.

BTW, there is brilliant and highly underrated horror movie called I Sell the Dead and y'all must watch it!
    Sara:)

Duuude, I missed it! Must catch the next outbeak...

• Advertisement

SaraYoga wrote: »
    Duuude, I missed it! Must catch the next outbeak...

its not til october Sara, the weekend was just some promo work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Funny 1980s Return of the Living Dead clip:

its not til october Sara, the weekend was just some promo work.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Dunno if you were planning to go to this,but seems like could be some great PR

http://www.dublinzombiewalk.com/

Hi guys,

Outbreak has chosen a local charity to affiliate with for our inaugural year. what we need now are volunteers in graphic design and/or art, to help us come up with an image to promote with. We are looking for a logo, and graphics/website design.
    more "hands-on" volunteers will be recruited around July, when we will hold a meeting to discuss plans and possible events.
    If you know anyone in a business/pub that would like to get involved, please get in touch through the facebook page www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival the twitter at www.twitter.com/outbreakfest or at outbreakfestival@hotmail.com
    I'm also currently looking into the idea of a ghost bus tour of the city on the friday night, and am looking for a good storyteller/seanachaí to really make the event memorable.
    Also, we would like to hold a movie screening or two. I know there was a film club that used to do this in the Belltable in Limerick. If anyone is involved in this group, can you please get in contact?

Many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Event more MOAR beer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Hi guys,

Outbreak has chosen a local charity to affiliate with for our inaugural year. what we need now are volunteers in graphic design and/or art, to help us come up with an image to promote with. We are looking for a logo, and graphics/website design.
    more "hands-on" volunteers will be recruited around July, when we will hold a meeting to discuss plans and possible events.
    If you know anyone in a business/pub that would like to get involved, please get in touch through the facebook page www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival the twitter at www.twitter.com/outbreakfest or at outbreakfestival@hotmail.com
    I'm also currently looking into the idea of a ghost bus tour of the city on the friday night, and am looking for a good storyteller/seanachaí to really make the event memorable.
    Also, we would like to hold a movie screening or two. I know there was a film club that used to do this in the Belltable in Limerick. If anyone is involved in this group, can you please get in contact?

Many thanks!

I've a few friends in the Belltable so I'll see what I can find for you :)

Also, I emailed you so check it! :)

I've a few friends in the Belltable so I'll see what I can find for you :)

Also, I emailed you so check it! :)

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just thought I would put up a link to the flickr page of Daz from the zombie forum from the Dublin zombie walk.

I know Zuroph has received a lukewarm to cold reception from the pub owners etc of Limerick for his attempt at having a zombie walk here, but the pics in this link gives an idea of the crowd size that get involved in the walks and people come from all over the country to get involved in zombie walks and do likewise in the UK and in the US.

Personally speaking it could be a great idea of r a few bars to get in on the idea and have one around Halloween.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazr128/5968322566/in/photostream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

As far as I know a lot of the pubs are on for doing it around halloween and helping out where possible.....

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just thought I would put up a link to the flickr page of Daz from the zombie forum from the Dublin zombie walk.

I know Zuroph has received a lukewarm to cold reception from the pub owners etc of Limerick for his attempt at having a zombie walk here, but the pics in this link gives an idea of the crowd size that get involved in the walks and people come from all over the country to get involved in zombie walks and do likewise in the UK and in the US.

Personally speaking it could be a great idea of r a few bars to get in on the idea and have one around Halloween.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazr128/5968322566/in/photostream/

Take up has been very slow Paul, but I will be calling a meeting soon to discuss with all parties what we hope to achieve at halloween. A lot of the volunteers from Dublin are already on board for here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am well up for this if it goes ahead, but as a zombie what? clown? doctor? Flanders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I want to go as Anglo Irish Bank.

krudler wrote: »
    am well up for this if it goes ahead, but as a zombie what? clown? doctor? Flanders?

stupid sexy zombie flanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

krudler wrote: »
    A zombie Bill Murray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

out of interest what pubs did you approach?

what ones said no/yes

an email was sent to pretty much every pub and club in the market quarter area that we could get hold of emails for, and several hotels and restaurants. Of that, 2 pubs have officially replied, and one manager of a pub who replied in a personal capacity and I believe is no longer with that pub now. We also have one hotel on board.

In the next week or two we'll go out on foot to talk to managers, and call a meeting for anyone who wishes to volunteer to get together and come up with our plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

ouch not that great support from the pubs

to be fair, market quarter commented unofficially that they would talk to us after the mardi gras. and in the last week or two I've had other stuff on, so havent followed up since.

we have a good network of volunteers at this stage, now we need the venues to get on board more.

As far as I know a lot of the pubs are on for doing it around halloween and helping out where possible.....

So you say a lot of pubs are onboard for doing it, and that Halloween is the date, yet the guy behind it has only had minimal contact from the pubs and businesses he contacted?

Fair play to you and your bar if you are one of the few that got back in touch with him, but unfortunately you are in the minority because "lots" have not gotten in touch it would seem, let alone having anything confirmed.

How the pubs most likely see it is, they can get something free, without having to put in work. So it pays off, but the ones that do take part, are more likely going to go 'Oh hell, I'll have a lot more people in my door then the rest of em, cause my drink is cheaper, and I've music on tonight!'

And it just needs to be posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

In fairness most people outside of Internet forums know nothing of this zombie fad and I can appreciate why they would be slow to pledge support to something that may only result in a small crowd and limited media coverage.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    In fairness most people outside of Internet forums know nothing of this zombie fad and I can appreciate why they would be slow to pledge support to something that may only result in a small crowd and limited media coverage.

Hardly. You only have to see the scale of some of the events that have been held in the UK and the US for years and years now to see the potential for something similar starting here.

Even the Dublin walk gets lots of local businesses and bars/clubs involved in it, and has people that come from other countries to participate.

Funny thing is that if a Limerick one was supported by local businesses it could turn into something that has appearances by international selling horror writers (given that there is one such Irish writer who uses the Zombie forum here on Boards) and/or even have the likes of Max Brooks over for one of his zombie talks like the one he did in Galway earlier this year (given that Brad Pitt is starring in and directing the movie version of World War Z, Brooks would be a great choice)

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Have a look at the crowd Dublin attracted this weekend. And consider we'll have a student population of ~20k in October...

Advertisement