Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

zuroph wrote: »
    Have a look at the crowd Dublin attracted this weekend. And consider we'll have a student population of ~20k in October...

The man has a point

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

From dealing with a few people in bars before, you really need to get in there and talk to managers face to face. You'll have to follow up on them yourself and it can take a few tries before you'll get anywhere but if they can get some business out of it they should be willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Just marking this thread :) Would love to take part,love zombie movies but dublin was just too far to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

we're hoping to get a zombie movie screening or two in there somewhere :)

seriously, if we got a crowd a quarter the size of that, thats a hell of a lot of thirsty customers for the pubs, and a hell of a lot of money made for charity, and a hell of a lot of positive news story created for Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod Note: Threads merged and re-named. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Could you contact some of the local reporters & try & get them do a story on it for the post or 95fm for sum more local publicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have a look at the crowd Dublin attracted this weekend. And consider we'll have a student population of ~20k in October...

And considering you already have a pretty great UL society on board.... :P

kiersm wrote: »
    Could you contact some of the local reporters & try & get them do a story on it for the post or 95fm for sum more local publicity?

there is reporters lined up and ready to go, and I mean national press. but I want to at least have something to talk about first! the venues NEED to get on board ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I still don't think we should be encouraging Zombies to come to Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

there is reporters lined up and ready to go, and I mean national press. but I want to at least have something to talk about first! the venues NEED to get on board ASAP

Well if Limerick businesses end up showing no interest, maybe try to set up the same thing in Cork? The Dublin annual walk shows exactly how big the Z walks can be, as those the involvement of bars and clubs in Dublin who push the walk there.

The UK and US walks I have gone to were brilliant with night time activities in various venues.

With World War Z on the way, and the Walking Dead tv series two due out in the fall, interest should be high.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

The fall?

I take it you mean Autumn.

The fall?

I take it you mean Autumn.

Yep Autumn, which is also the title of a great series of zombie books by David Moody.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Walking Dead Season 2 trailer. Back on the air just in time for Outbreak and Halloween.

PM sent to you on something that may be of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

If you need any help talking to bars, I can meet with owners at 3 in the city center.
    Also, I know a couple of orgs that would be blissed out to get in on the fundraising (who wouldn't?).
    I'll pm you -
    Thanks for your work on this!!
    (where's the zombie smilie?)

Buckeye wrote: »
    If you need any help talking to bars, I can meet with owners at 3 in the city center.
    Also, I know a couple of orgs that would be blissed out to get in on the fundraising (who wouldn't?).
    I'll pm you -
    Thanks for your work on this!!
    (where's the zombie smilie?)
    Hey buck eye, pop me a PM with some details and we'll have a chat bout it!

Hey buck eye, pop me a PM with some details and we'll have a chat bout it!

Any interest in what I sent you a pm about? I think it would be a pretty good coup for the first Limerick Zombie event if it came about.

Edit: Just spotted that you sent me a PM back :)

I sent you a pm

Thanks for the pm

I noticed you pm'd me back

ffs

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I sent you a pm

Thanks for the pm

I noticed you pm'd me back

ffs

Mommy not make you your fave dinner or something diddums? :p

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mommy not make you your fave dinner or something diddums? :p

No, it went cold while I was out playing Zombies

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    No, it went cold while I was out playing Zombies

I'll send Raiser around to give you a nice warm hug. :p

Been talking to organiser of the Dub walk last weekend, blown away by the turnout. Also say he heard a lot of talk of Outbreak from people there, so word is spreading :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

www.outbreakfestival.com is in its final build stage but you lot can have a peek about now. ;)

It's all systems go, great meeting this morning to try lock down on a few more events. We're looking at possibly up to 4 days of events. Time to start planning your costumes folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SaraYoga

That's awesome, looking forward to it already!

We need zombies, this saturday for the press launch photo shoot. Can you get a group together????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be free in the evening, but I don't have the make-up (or the skills needed to apply same) for my costume so I'll just say maybe for now.

I'll be free in the evening, but I don't have the make-up (or the skills needed to apply same) for my costume so I'll just say maybe for now.
    well have one or two facepainters on site mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Well done man site is looking good

Advertisement