Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbreak Zombie Festival!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

krudler wrote: »
    zuroph, not to gush but fair play for organising all this, if the council was as bothered about doing something like this for the city as regular joes are then this town would be much better off.

Can you imagine the confusion in city hall if somebody stood up and proposed a Zombie Festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

krudler wrote: »
    zuroph, not to gush but fair play for organising all this, if the council was as bothered about doing something like this for the city as regular joes are then this town would be much better off.
    To be fair to the city and the communications office, even though we missed the deadline for festival application this year, they have come out to cover our insurance and paid for our press launch also. If this year is a success, we'll make a great application to make next year huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

On Newstalk now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

On Newstalk now!

Damn I missed it, Any good?

source wrote: »
    Damn I missed it, Any good?

Seemingly Zuroph scared a kid with his mask :pac:

• Advertisement

But yeah. It was pretty good, he got a good shout out for he charity as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any chance of a podcast link?

You can listen back on the show here.

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/tom-dunne/listen-back/

Mike is on about 40 minutes in I think.

Went well I thought!

Zombie1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Listened back to it. Well done. It went very well I thought.

• Advertisement

Schedule to date up on www.outbreakfestival.com

Thurday 29th

LE DISKO BLOODBATH The festival kicks off with a number of events around city, including LE DISKO BLOODBATH in Dolans at 9pm.

The Art college are also holding a few events on the evening/night, details soon

Friday 30th

We’re putting the finishing touches on talks/movie screenings, and gigs for this evening, details soon

Saturday 1st October

Hunt Museum at 2pm plays host to the Spooky Tour! A specially themed tour of the museum for our little zombies. It’s FREE in for any kids (or kids at heart ) who turn up dressed as Zombies!

YOUTHFEST 2011 takes place in Dolans from 1pm, Its a Huge All day All ages non alcoholic event, with Lots of bands, dancers, magicians and yes, plenty of Zombie goings on too! The event benefits the local Youth Cafes

Melt Cafe If you’re about town and looking for a good coffee, pop in to Melt on Catherine st. , and 10% goes to The Cliona Ring Foundation!

THE ZOMBIE SHUFFLE!! This is the one you’ve been waiting for! The party starts around 6pm At the Bottom of Bedford Row, outside Foxy’s Bar. We’ll have music, facepainters, photographers, and some special performances before we set off on our slow parade of the city at 7.30pm. The route will continue up Thomas st, along Little Catherine Street, back down William street, onto Cruises Street. From there, there is Official Outbreak themed Events in Nancys, Cobblestone Joes, and Mickey Martins.

The Official Shuffle Afterparty takes place in Nancy Blake’s Directly after the Shuffle concludes, with Drinks promos and special entertainment laid on for us!

FILTHSTEP takes place in Dolans, doors at 22.30pm Limerick’s Original Dubstep Night returns to lay down some heavybass sounds for all the heads back in limerick looking for something different

Midnight Feed! Later that night, those hungry zombies can grab a late night feed at Lulu’s Cafe on Catherine Street, where there will be a special deal for all Zombies that turn up! Its open til 4am, so plenty of time to get that feed in!

Sunday 2nd October

The Zombie Hangover feast! Pier One Hotel Offer a zombie feast, late Breakfast with movie screenings, and proceeds going to Cliona Ring Foundation. Recover in comfort!

SKAZZOMBIE Skazz bring their unique Ska Punk Sounds to Foleys on Lower Sarsfield St. for our Wind down party! Gigs starts at 9pm.

More events to be confirmed soon!

UL zombie shuffle has been postponed until further notice, apologies to those who were looking forward to it, we'll still have numerous events on in City Centre and the other colleges getting involved on the Thursday night. the BIG Zombie Shuffle still goes ahead October 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ha, got a mention on the late late show

REALLY???! WHAT?!

Found it, used as the first question for the audience competition, great mention :D Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

zuroph wrote: »
    Found it, used as the first question for the audience competition, great mention :D Delighted!

Yup, anyone who missed it can check it out on rte player

Need all your help. Please try get this mentioned in as much local media this week as possible!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have you a short statement anywhere I could work into simple Irish? We've 90 members on www.foramnagaeilge.com now, and 31 followers on Twitter, so I could plug it there for you.

press release is on www.outbreakfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I have to work this Saturday so I am going to miss the walk :mad: hope it goes well and everyone has a great day.

• Advertisement

what hours ya workin? congrats on new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

what hours ya workin? congrats on new job!

Thanks. 3pm -11pm. Hoping to get another guy down there to get some pics for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I'm looking forward to seeing the zombie shuffle, should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Took part in a prep event of sorts for the festival tonight. I am seriously so excited for this. 940 attending via good ole Facebook so far but the shock and dismay of many other bystanders will be well worth it. Limerick/Ireland really needed some proper good fun.

press release is on www.outbreakfestival.com

Did my best to translate the first two paragraphs from the home-page earlier.
    http://www.foramnagaeilge.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=151
    I'll bump the thread tomorrow with the official press-release quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

Just want to get the opinion of those involved in organising. Do you think it would be frightening for a young baby? He is 18 months old. Wife thinks he would be, I disagree. We are involved with the CBS pipe band and I was hoping to dress him up in his uniform and get his face painted as a Zombie!

Anyway, seeing as I assume ye have seen the makeup involved do ye think it would frighten a toddler?

I terrified a child at the Newstalk interview with tom dunne, but if you introduce it as a game, surely he'd be ok :) are the pipe band coming? someone rang me from them, but i heard no more.

On Spin South west very shortly with announcement about Fridays event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

I terrified a child at the Newstalk interview with tom dunne, but if you introduce it as a game, surely he'd be ok :) are the pipe band coming? someone rang me from them, but i heard no more.

Yeah I am pretty sure the band are coming along. That said I am not the person in charge so dont quote me! I will ask Barry, the guy in charge, to contact ye if you want?

• Advertisement

Sure, please do, I cant remember the name of the lady that rang me.

Advertisement