Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Law & Order: Hate Crimes ordered to series at NBC
    This new series is “based on New York’s actual Hate Crimes Task Force, the second oldest bias-based task force in the U.S. The unit, which pledges to uphold a zero tolerance policy against discrimination of any kind, works under the NYPD’s real Special Victims Unit and often borrows SVU’s detectives to assist in their investigations.”

As you might have been able to infer from that last sentence, the Hate Crimes team will be introduced during the upcoming 20th season of Law & Order: SVU before becoming its own series

https://tvline.com/2018/09/04/law-order-hate-crimes-new-series-nbc/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Law & Order: Hate Crimes ordered to series at NBC

https://tvline.com/2018/09/04/law-order-hate-crimes-new-series-nbc/

If they follow the SVU format, it could be good.

TV Land ordered the dramedy “American Woman” based on the life of “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Kyle Richards to series, the network announced Monday. Set amid the sexual revolution and the rise of second-wave feminism, the half-hour show follows Bonnie (Alicia Silverstone), a mother struggling to raise her two daughters (Makenna James and Lia Ryan McHugh) after leaving her husband. With the help of her two best friends, Kathleen (Menua Suvari) and Diana (Jennifer Bartels), each woman will try to discover her own brand of independence in a male-centric world.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/american-woman-tv-land-series-greenlight-1201911704/

https://tvline.com/2018/09/05/american-woman-cancelled-no-season-2-alicia-silverstone-paramount-network/

Cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix renews designated survivor for a 3rd season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

This must have got really good after the first 3 or so episodes I waded through :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This must have got really good after the first 3 or so episodes I waded through :pac:

I think i lasted 5 or 6.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I thought they cancelled this? Or was that the network it aired on in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought they cancelled this? Or was that the network it aired on in the states?

Yep that's it. ABC cancelled it in the first instance.

HBO renewed both Ballers and Insecure

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Being Reborn as a Live-Action Netflix Series

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avatar-the-last-airbender-is-being-reborn-as-a-netflix-1829139229

Could be good. The Last Airbender’s co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are both signed on to oversee the show, something they’ve been planning on for ages. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not directed by M Night Shyamalan?

I just have to ask "Why do a live action series?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not directed by M Night Shyamalan?

I just have to ask "Why do a live action series?"
    Loads of us asking that question. From a Netflix perspective, obviously they want the cash since they'd get nothing from the original. They already have a contract with the creators through "The Dragon Prince" so presumably they're happy with the quality of their work.
    Why live action? A lot of people would dismiss the original as a kid's cartoon, so there's a large untapped audience for what they know is a great story. Also possibly to remove the horrible legacy of that film, which I refused to watch. This way it'll be done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even then, a live action version will still be seen as a kid's show with all the puppets/CGI animals and would likely be advertised as being based on the cartoon.
    But I'm just of the opinion that if it already exists in the medium in some format then why mess with it? Book to movie/TV, TV to movie or movie to TV are all understandable but TV to TV always seems pointless. Same as all these Disney live action remakes.

But I guess why not have another reboot. I'm not paying for it (directly) and the original series is still around. I will likely watch it and hope the effects are believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

peteeeed wrote: »
    Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/

I can't wait to watch on tvbo I mean Disney.

Snowfall renewed for season 3 by FX

The Birch

Crypt TV To Scare Up ‘The Birch’ Series For Facebook Watch
    The Webby Award-winning short The Birch is set to terrify Facebook Watch. Crypt TV will produce a 15-episode series for the VOD service based on their viral short of the same name.

The Birch is centered around the dark relationship between a synonymous monster protector in the woods and a pure-hearted teenager who summons her in a time of crisis. The episodes will be told from multiple character perspectives as their lives are indelibly shaped by the titular character.

The original short, which has garnered over 35 million views online, earned a Webby for Best Drama: Individual Short or Episode in 2017 and was featured at Tribeca Film Festival in 2017 as part of Tribeca N.O.W. Special Screenings.

Production for The Birch is slated to begin in early 2019. Jack Davis, Kate Krantz, and Darren Brandl will serve as Executive Producers for Crypt TV.

Crypt TV is looking to become the “Marvel of Monsters.” The digital network is known for their monster and horror slate of projects and has a shared universe of original characters that has brought a whole new brand of fear to the internet. The network launched in 2015 and was co-founded by CEO Jack Davis and filmmaker Eli Roth with Blumhouse Productions as an investor and key strategic partner.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/crypt-tv-the-birch-series-facebook-watch-1202468120/

Resident Alien

‘Resident Alien’: Alan Tudyk To Star In Syfy Pilot Based On Dark Horse Comics Series
    Syfy has found its Resident Alien. Alan Tudyk (Con Man, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) is set to star in the title role in Resident Alien, a drama pilot based on the Dark Horse comics series by Peter Horgan and Steve Parkhouse, from Universal Cable Productions, Dark Horse Entertainment and Amblin TV. In addition, Sara Tomko (Sneaky Pete), The Closer alum Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund (Silicon Valley) and Levi Fiehler (Mars) are set to round out the series regular cast.

Resident Alien is described as a dark, twisted and comedic fish-out-of-water story. Adapted for television by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), it follows a crash-landed alien named Harry (Tudyk) who, after taking on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor, slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth — ultimately asking the question, “Are human beings worth saving?”

Tudyk’s Doctor Harry Vanderspeigle is one of the town’s most reclusive citizens. The alien is up to no good, but his mission is sidetracked when the local doctor is murdered and our alien Harry is forced to take his place.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/resident-alien-alan-tudyk-star-syfy-pilot-dark-horse-comics-sara-tomko-corey-reynolds-alice-wetterlund-levi-fiehler-1202468300/

• Advertisement

‘The Deuce’ Renewed for Third and Final Season at HBO, Completing the Creators’ Original Plan

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/the-deuce-season-3-renewed-james-franco-final-season-1202005587/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Unforgotten' renewed for a fourth season.

remastered coming to netflix

Netflix has announced a new music history documentary series. “ReMastered” begins this fall on October 12. The series looks to do investigative reporting behind high-profile events and promises “discoveries and insights beyond what’s been previously reported.” Each of the eight installments will launch monthly on Netflix, and each episode will focus on a different musician. The list of artists featured includes Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Jam Master Jay, Sam Cooke, Robert Johnson, and more

https://pitchfork.com/news/netflix-announces-music-history-documentary-series-remastered/

Showtime has cancelled I’m Dying Up Here

Showtime has cancelled I’m Dying Up Here

yeah some of the actors announced it a couple of months back (Andrew Santino on joe rogan ) , i loved the show . santino on rogan said that some of the comedians from the time said it only focused on the dark times and not the good , jay leno being one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There was definitely never a better time to develop The Boys, considering we're now drowning in super-heroes across every possible medium.

For anyone not in the know, it's basically a graphic novel about a human-led team that keep misbehaving superheroes in check....and it's violent as hell.

The Preacher adaptation is pretty lackluster but alright in its own way...but The Boys is actually a lot more straight forward and with less potentially controversial elements so hopefully it'll be a bit more closely related to the material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bgr123

Check out bodyguard on BBC. Should be on iplayer.Good show and renewed for 2nd season.

Advertisement