Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Euphoria

Zendaya Set for Lead Role in HBO Pilot Euphoria.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/zendaya-hbo-pilot-euphoria-1202831112/
    Is Maude a better actress in recent stuff than Iris (who I find woeful)?

*wonder how they got their jobs!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Less Than Zero

Hulu Orders ‘Less Than Zero’ Pilot, Casts ‘Walking Dead’ Alum in Andrew McCarthy’s Role
    “Less Than Zero” is alive at Hulu and has found its leading man.

The streaming service has ordered a pilot for the TV adaptation and cast “The Walking Dead” alum Austin Abrams in the role originally played by Andrew McCarthy in the 1987 feature film, a person with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap.

In April, TheWrap reported Hulu had a drama in the early stages of development based on Bret Easton Ellis’ 1985 novel and the subsequent ’87 flick of the same name, starring McCarthy, Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Gertz and James Spader. “Lost” writer and producer Craig Wright is penning the script and executive producing the adaptation, alongside author Ellis.

Abrams plays Clay, who has grown up in the “excess and lavish ’80s Los Angeles,” but unlike all of his friends who stayed behind for college, Clay is now in his freshman year on the East Coast. Clay returns home for Christmas to his complicated relationship with Blair, his high school girlfriend, and is worried about his friend Julian who is struggling with addiction. The Fox 21-produced reboot explores the culture of wealth and decadence among Los Angeles youth.

Along with “The Walking Dead,” Abrams’ recent small-screen credits include “The Americans,” “SMILF,” “Silicon Valley” and “Shameless.” He has also appeared in the films “Paper Towns,” “Gangster Squad” and “The Kings of Summer

https://www.thewrap.com/hulu-less-than-zero-pilot-walking-dead-austin-abrams-andrew-mccarthy/

The Time Traveler’s Wife

Former Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat is once again time-hopping, this time with The Time Traveler’s Wife at HBO.
    Written by Moffat based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler’s Wife is described as an intricate and magical love story about Clare and Henry, and a marriage with a problem… time travel.

“I read Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife many years ago, and I fell in love with it. In fact, I wrote a Doctor Who episode called ‘The Girl In The Fireplace’ as a direct response to it. When, in her next novel, Audrey had a character watching that very episode, I realized she was probably on to me. All these years later, the chance to adapt the novel itself, is a dream come true. The brave new world of long form television is now ready for this kind of depth and complexity. It’s a story of happy ever after – but not necessarily in that order.”

https://deadline.com/2018/07/the-time-travelers-wife-adaptation-steven-moffat-series-order-hbo-1202437332/

ALF Reboot in Early Stages of Development at Warner Bros. TV
    Warner Bros. is in the early stages of rebooting of the 1980s sitcom, “ALF,” TheWrap has learned.

An insider stressed to TheWrap that the reboot is in very early stages of development. The news was first reported by TV Line. No network is attached.

NBC, which aired “ALF” for four seasons, and Warner Bros. TV declined to comment.

https://www.thewrap.com/alf-reboot-in-early-stages-of-development-at-warner-bros-tv/

The Dangerous Book For Boys. cancelled by Amazon after one season.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-dangerous-book-for-boys-canceled-amazon-one-season-1202438109/

• Advertisement

Gold Digger

Julia Ormond To Topline BBC One Drama ‘Gold Digger’
    The lead role is Ormond’s first in a British television series, having recently starred in Howards End and having started her career starring in shows such as Traffik and The Ruth Rendell Mysteries.

In the six-part drama, which was written and created by Marnie Dickens (Thirteen), Ormond will play Julia Day, a mother and a wife who has spent her whole life putting the needs of others before herself. It tells the story of how, as a 60-year old woman, she falls in love with Benjamin, a man 25 years her junior. It looks at how their unconventional relationship impacts her family as the secrets of their past are revealed and investigates whether Benjamin is really the gold digger that they think he is.

The series is produced by ITV-owned Mainstreet Pictures. Tim Bradley (Unforgotten) will produce and Vanessa Caswill (Little Women) will direct the first three episodes. It is exec produced by Mainstreet’s Laura Mackie and Sally Haynes for Mainstreet Pictures, Elizabeth Kilgarriff for BBC One and Dickens.

Ormond said she was “extraordinarily grateful” to be cast in this “fabulously written piece exploring family dynamics”.

Dickens said, “I’m thrilled to have the hugely talented Julia Ormond bringing our heroine to life. I couldn’t be happier to be working with the BBC and Mainstreet on a drama that puts an older woman unequivocally at the heart of the action.”

BBC Drama Controller Piers Wenger added, “I’m delighted Julia Ormond will be starring in Gold Digger and at the centre of Marnie’s explosive new series for BBC One. I can’t wait to see her take on this complex and fascinating character.”

Ormond, who won an Emmy for her role in the HBO miniseries and also starred in Sabrina

https://deadline.com/2018/08/julia-ormond-star-gold-digger-bbc-one-drama-1202437947/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't think this has been posted yet, but Timeless has been resurrected yet again, but this time for a two-part finale to wrap things up.

https://tvline.com/2018/07/31/timeless-renewed-season-3-finale-movie-date-nbc/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Season four of Fargo to star Chris Rock and move the plot to Kansas City, Mo.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/08/03/chris-rock-fargo-season-4/

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Facts of Life

Sitcom Reboot in the Works with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jessica Biel Companies
    The Facts of Life, a spinoff of Diff’rent Strokes, aired on NBC from 1979-88, making it one of the longest-running sitcoms of the decade. Charlotte Rae starred as Edna Garrett, a housemother at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York. Garrett later is promoted to school dietician, and four of the girls move into new quarters above the cafeteria. She eventually leaves the school and opens her own business, with help from her girls. The series focused on issues that teenage girls face such as drug use, sex, eating disorders and peer pressure.

The Facts of Life, created by Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon, was nominated for three Emmys over the course of its nine-year run, including lead actress in a comedy for Rae. The series starred Lisa Welchel as Blair, Kim Fields as Tootie, Mindy Cohn as Natalie, and Nancy McKeon as Jo.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-facts-of-life-reboot-leonardo-dicaprio-appian-way-jessica-biel-in-talks-produce-1202439672/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Delighted in a way. Love the show, it really hit form again after one or two dodgy seasons and I'm glad it's going to bow out on its own terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If they set season 8 in Israel it could an interesting end to the show. And fitting as well because it was originally based on an Israeli show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

last chance U getting a very much deserved 4th season on netflix

Knightfall renewed for a second season by History.

Mark Hamill joins the cast.

https://www.thewrap.com/mark-hamill-joins-historys-knightfall-season-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'The Alienist' is getting a second season based on the next book in the original series. The main cast are returning.
    I quite enjoyed it when I caught up on it on Netflix but damn was it bleak.

• Advertisement

Sexy Beast

‘Sexy Beast’ Prequel TV Series In Works At Paramount TV
    EXCLUSIVE: The cult British gangster movie Sexy Beast is getting a small-screen prequel. Anonymous Content and Paramount Television have acquired the TV rights to the 2000 film for a TV series that will track the origin story of the Gal Dove, Don Logan and Teddy Bass characters, played in the movie by Ray Winstone, Ben Kingsley and Ian McShane, respectively. Writer Michael Caleo, whose TV credits include The Sopranos and Rescue Me, will write the adaptation.

The potential series, which will be shopped to cable and streaming networks, will tell the story of up-and-coming criminal Gal Dove as he forms a partnership with Don Logan, starts working for criminal mastermind Teddy Bass and meets and falls in love with adult film star DeeDee — his future wife. Gal is a brilliant thief and Don is a vicious gangster, and the series will explore the pair’s complicated relationship as Gal finds himself descending into the seductive madness of the London criminal world during the vibrant and volatile 1990’s.

Caleo will executive produce the series with the film’s writers Mellis and Scinto as well as Anonymous Content’s Nicole Clemens and Steve Golin.

Anonymous Content’s first-look agreement with Paramount TV has yielded such series as Berlin Station (Epix), 13 Reasons Why (Netflix), The Alienist (TNT), and the upcoming Catch-22 (Hulu), Maniac (Netflix) and Hilde Lysiak mystery drama (Apple)

https://deadline.com/2018/08/sexy-beast-prequel-tv-series-in-works-at-paramount-tv-anonymous-content-1202446763/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Netflix has canceled two of its talk shows, “The Break With Michele Wolf” and “The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale.”

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/michelle-wolf-joel-mchale-tnetflix-1202909399/

Joel McHale's was a fun clip show of the week thing.

Michele Wolf's show was terrible and her voice was so off putting.

Not surprised by either being cancelled really.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Michele Wolf .... and her voice was so off putting.

Glad it isn't just me so. Funny lady, but her voice is an acquired taste. Netflix isn't the place for chat shows anyway.

Hope that means she isn't coming back to Trevor Noah... :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Glad it isn't just me so. Funny lady, but her voice is an acquired taste. Netflix isn't the place for chat shows anyway.

Hope that means she isn't coming back to Trevor Noah... :o

A few of the Daily show crew are leaving to work at Netflix so she might.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Netflix has canceled two of its talk shows, “The Break With Michele Wolf” and “The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale.”

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/michelle-wolf-joel-mchale-tnetflix-1202909399/
    Disappointing news about Joel McHale. Sure it could be hit and miss but it was an easy watch and they had some fun guest stars - I was surprised how funny Joe Manganiello was after being so bored by his role of Alcide in 'True Blood'. And where will Pizza Ghost go now?

It's surprising also because it surely was cheap to make and quick to film - just grab some Netflix employees for the audience, right? Then again I did, somewhat fittingly, just watch the final episode yesterday and the cost of a Fabergé egg might have been what sunk it...

What/If

Renée Zellweger To Star In ‘What/If’ Netflix Series From Mike Kelley
    In her first major TV role, Oscar winner Renée Zellweger has been tapped to star in What/If, a social thriller anthology drama series for Netflix from Revenge and Swingtown creator Mike Kelley and producer Robert Zemeckis.

Written by Kelley, directed by Phillip Noyce and produced by Page Fright, Atlas Entertainment and Compari Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television, What/If explores the ripple effects of what happens when acceptable people start doing unacceptable things. Each season will tackle a different morality tale inspired by culturally consequential source material, and the power of a single fateful decision to change the trajectory of an entire life.

I hear the 10-episode first season focuses on two struggling newlyweds who accept a powerful woman’s (Zellweger) ethically perilous proposition to secure a badly needed financial windfall.

Zellweger’s Anne is a shrewd and mercurial San Francisco venture capitalist. She is magnetically charismatic, seductive, charming, even vulnerable when it serves her purpose. But she’s also a virtuoso of deception with a cauldron of destructive secrets, including a deeply buried metaphorical deal with the devil that set the course for her life back when she was still just a girl herself.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/renee-zellweger-star-what-if-netflix-series-mike-kelley-robert-zemeckis-1202447346/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Glow has been renewed for a third season

https://tvline.com/2018/08/20/glow-renewed-season-3-netflix/

• Advertisement

Advertisement