Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,377 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not sure about this however awesome the news.

I donated to the film and was happy that as the finale.

I’ll wait with baited break to see where they go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't expect that news. Great to hear. I also backed the movie.
    Must do a rewatch of the series before the new episodes.
    I will be cautiously optimistic.
    iZombie finishes after next season so Rob is free, though I'm sure he's working on other things.
    And the rest of the cast should be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The end of the F***ing World has been renewed for a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The Big Bang Theory Season 12 will be its last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

The Big Bang Theory Season 12 will be its last.

Just goes to show they've run out of ideas, considering it's a cash cow.

But like friends don't think any of them will have much careers afterwards, not that they'll need the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some good news today... nice one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mr E wrote: »
    Some good news today... nice one. :o

Why? Were you being forced to watch a show you didn't like?

Never understand the way people go on about some shows. There's loads of ****e on tv I don't like so I don't watch it and it has no impact on my life at all, even if it goes on for 100 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Never understand the way people go on about some shows. There's loads of ****e on tv I don't like so I don't watch it and it has no impact on my life at all, even if it goes on for 100 seasons.

Agree with this statement 100%.

Find myself biting my tongue sometimes the way some people go on (both here on boards and IRL) talking about certain shows as if they're being forced to watch it while strapped to a chair with their eyes forced open (á la A Clockwork Orange) when all I want to do is scream, "Just change the f**king channel!"

And before people start jumping in guns blazing, I ain't talking about people criticizing a show they actually watch or giving out about the declining quality of a show they once enjoyed but are now getting sick of - that's perfectly justified criticism. It's the moaning about something they clearly hate and most likely don't even watch, but "it's cool to dislike Nickelback!"

Personally, I quite like Nickelback... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Find myself biting my tongue sometimes the way some people go on (both here on boards and IRL) talking about certain shows as if they're being forced to watch it while strapped to a chair with their eyes forced open (á la A Clockwork Orange) when all I want to do is scream, "Just change the f**king channel!"

And before people start jumping in guns blazing, I ain't talking about people criticizing a show they actually watch or giving out about the declining quality of a show they once enjoyed but are now getting sick of - that's perfectly justified criticism. It's the moaning about something they clearly hate and most likely don't even watch, but "it's cool to dislike Nickelback!"

you were doing great until the end and then let yourself down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

you were doing great until the end and then let yourself down.

Yeah, I should know better than to use a smilie face...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

I was going to thank your post.......until I read the last line.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Big Narstie Show on ch4 is getting a second season

Star of Ru Paul’s Drag Race season 5 Alyssa Edwards, is to star in the Netflix docuseries “Dancing Queen”. Netflix have ordered 8 episodes of the series

Oh look, another remake/reboot/reimagining
    https://deadline.com/2018/08/bewitched-reboot-interracial-family-kenya-barris-blackish-yamara-taylor-abc-via-abc-studios-sony-tv-davis-entertainment-1202447276/

She had the kid later in the original series, didn't she? Though I'm sure it wasn't about discrimination in the workplace either.

not sure if its been mentioned here but peaky blinders is moving to bbc one for its 5th season and the 6th&7th seasons are confirmed

https://deadline.com/2018/08/peaky-blinders-season-five-bbc-one-1202450051/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lee Child set to adapt Jack Reacher novels for TV (but with a taller star)

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/aug/26/lee-child-jack-reacher-novels-on-tv-tom-cruise-archive-public

Delighted at this. Tom Cruise wasn't a good Jack Reacher (but the movies were decent). This has the potential to be a great show. Most of the books were brilliant.

I only read the first 2 books and realised that Child's favourite action is shrugging. Don't know how many times people are described as shrugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I only read the first 2 books and realised that Child's favourite action is shrugging. Don't know how many times people are described as shrugging.

*shrugs*

dogs of berlin
    tells the story of two contrasting Berlin police detectives who become a team against their will – and are forced into a territorial battle with the Berlin underworld that confronts them with their own human weaknesses and criminal activities – and into a final decision on which side of the law they’re actually on. The 10-episode Netflix Original series arrives December 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'm an EXTREMELY fast reader, I can easier read a paperback in a day, once on holidays I managed to read 5 of his books in 6 days, the last book confused the hell out of me because most of the characters were exactly the same in other books just with difference names. I haven't been able to read his books since, I refuse to watch the movie, ffs they make a HUGE deal out of Reacher being a giant in every book and then they have Tom Cruise play him, f**k off

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm an EXTREMELY fast reader, I can easier read a paperback in a day, once on holidays I managed to read 5 of his books in 6 days, the last book confused the hell out of me because most of the characters were exactly the same in other books just with difference names. I haven't been able to read his books since, I refuse to watch the movie, ffs they make a HUGE deal out of Reacher being a giant in every book and then they have Tom Cruise play him, f**k off

The movies are actually pretty decent if you ignore that they are supposed to be jack reacher movies. The first one in particular.

Mr E wrote: »
    Lee Child set to adapt Jack Reacher novels for TV (but with a taller star)

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/aug/26/lee-child-jack-reacher-novels-on-tv-tom-cruise-archive-public

Delighted at this. Tom Cruise wasn't a good Jack Reacher (but the movies were decent). This has the potential to be a great show. Most of the books were brilliant.

Now get Ray Stevenson to play him.

MIA

Michael Weatherly & Cote de Pablo Reteam To Produce ‘MIA’ Detective Drama At CBS
    NCIS alums Michael Weatherly and Cote de Pablo are reuniting to executive produce MIA, a new detective drama in the works at CBS. The network has put in development the hourlong MIA, from writer/executive producer Shepard Boucher (Upload), and CBS Television Studios.

Written by Boucher, in MIA, when a newly minted homicide detective is assigned to an experienced, by-the-book partner to solve cases in Miami, she struggles to keep the personal entanglements of her final undercover assignment from jeopardizing her future.

Boucher executive produces with Weatherly and de Pablo. CBS TV Studios, where Weatherly via his Solar Drive Productions has been under an overall deal, is the studio.

Weatherly, who currently stars in the title role in Bull, which is going into its third season on CBS, played lead Tony DiNozzo on the first 13 seasons of NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service. De Pablo joined Weatherly in Seasons 3-11 as Ziva David.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/michael-weatherly-cote-de-pablo-reteam-to-produce-mia-detective-drama-at-cbs-1202453549/

Living With Yourself

Aisling Bea Joins Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Opposite Paul Rudd
    EXCLUSIVE: Irish actress, comedian and writer Aisling Bea has joined the cast of Netflix’s Living With Yourself opposite Paul Rudd. The philosophical comedy asks the question: Do we really want to be better?

Rudd stars in a dual role as a man struggling with his life who undergoes a novel treatment to become a better person, and finds he’s been replaced by a new and improved version — revealing that his own worst enemy is himself. Details on Bea’s role are currently under wraps.

Timothy Greenberg (The Daily Show With Jon Stewart) created Living With Yourself and is showrunning/exec producing. Directors are Little Miss Sunshine and Battle Of The Sexes duo Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris.

The eight-episode series is exec produced by Anthony Bregman and Jeff Stern for Likely Story, Tony Hernandez for Jax Media, Dayton, Faris, Rudd and Jeff Blitz.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/aisling-bea-cast-living-with-yourself-netflix-paul-rudd-1202453643/

Our Lady, LTD

Ben Kingsley To Star In ‘Our Lady, LTD’ Noir Drama Series Ordered By Epix
    Epix has given a formal 10-episode series order to Our Lady, LTD, a modern noir drama starring Oscar winner Ben Kingsley, from Patriot creator Steve Conrad and Epix’s sister studio MGM Television. Production is slated to begin this fall in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with an eye toward a 2019 premiere.

Written by Conrad and Patriot co-producer Bruce Terris, Our Lady, LTD (fka Our Lady of Perpetual Grace), follows James, a young grifter, as he attempts to prey upon Pastor Byron Brown (Kingsley), who turns out to be far more dangerous than he suspects.

Conrad and Terris serve as executive producers and showrunners, with Conrad directing six episodes. Also executive producing are Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch. The series will be produced by MGM Television and internationally distributed by MGM.

Our Lady, LTD had been in the works for months and actively casting for awhile, with several other roles close to being filled. The series joins Epix’s lineup of original programming, which includes season two of Get Shorty and the upcoming revival of The Contender, from MGM TV and executive producer Mark Burnett. For 2019, the network has on tap drama series Godfather of Harlem starring Forrest Whitaker, from executive producers Chris Brancato and Paul Eckstein, and Pennyworth, an origin story about Batman’s best friend and butler, Alfred Pennyworth, from Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics.

This marks a rare major TV series role for Kingsley, who has been largely focused on features, earning four Oscar nominations and a win for Gandhi.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/ben-kingsley-to-star-in-our-lady-ltd-noir-drama-series-ordered-by-epix-1202453541/

Netflix has announced “Historia De Un Crimen”, a new anthology series inspired by true events. Each season of the scripted show will focus on a controversial crime in recent history beginning with the murder of Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio in 1994. The 8-episode season is set to begin production this week in Mexico City and will be available exclusively to Netflix members around the world in 2019.

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/netflix-announces-new-anthology-series-inspired-by-true-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Robot will end with its fourth season which will air in 2019
    https://tvline.com/2018/08/29/mr-robot-season-4-cancelled-ending-final-episodes-usa/

The Witchlands

‘The Witchlands’ To Be Developed As Live-Action Series By Jim Henson Company
    The Jim Henson Company has optioned Susan Dennard’s bestselling The Witchlands books to develop as a live-action television series. The announcement was made today during a Dragon Con panel led by Dennard and Halle Stanford, President of Television for The Jim Henson Company.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-witchlands-developed-live-action-series-jim-henson-company-susan-dennard-1202455572/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Witcher

Henry Cavill to Star in ‘Witcher’ Series at Netflix
    Based on the best-selling fantasy series, “The Witcher” follows Geralt of Rivia (Cavill), a solitary monster hunter, as he struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/henry-cavill-the-witcher-netflix-series-1202925521/

Advertisement