Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

falan wrote: »
    I hate all these "whose viewing your profile apps". They just scream scam and anyway who really cares? Idiots:(

yeah, there's a lot of stuff on it that you know isn't real but loads of people use it

but if FB actually make something like that available(viewing profile) it could be the end of it - no more anonymous perving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really don't get the problem with having parents (or other relatives) on your friends list. Maybe it's a younger thing? I'm 24 and don't have a problem with it. If you're too embarrassed to have your parents see something, it's probably not a good idea putting it on the Internet to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Right! Officially off the books at the old job! 8 days until I start my new job as abcd! I can't wait! A whole summer of work & music making. Then moving to Ireland to live & work, & UK & Europe tour! Starting in October! Bring it on! ♥

This is from a Canadian girl that is going to do a WHV in Ireland. I worked with her last summer in Canada and she asked me about working in Ireland, living expenses etc. I told her it would be total madness to pick Ireland as a working holiday destination at this moment in time when there's other options available. When she posted that other Irish people she's friends with on Facebook told her it would not be a good idea to move here and she just brushed them off. I suppose the Irish economy will benefit in a small way from the few thousand she will probably waste on a WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

"Dear FB Buddies . . . Watch your wall & inbox. Tell your friends . . . Hackers are now on FB writing insults on your friends' walls & sending emails & priavte messages! Such insults are made to appear as having come from you. You don't know nor see it but your friends do. As a result, they have deleted you from their list of friends. I want to assure you that if you get something supposedly from me that's offensive, it certainly didn't come from me. Copy and re-post!!"

I can't un-bold:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yeah, there's a lot of stuff on it that you know isn't real but loads of people use it

but if FB actually make something like that available(viewing profile) it could be the end of it - no more anonymous perving

True that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

skinny90 wrote: »
    "Dear FB Buddies . . . Watch your wall & inbox. Tell your friends . . . Hackers are now on FB writing insults on your friends' walls & sending emails & priavte messages! Such insults are made to appear as having come from you. You don't know nor see it but your friends do. As a result, they have deleted you from their list of friends. I want to assure you that if you get something supposedly from me that's offensive, it certainly didn't come from me. Copy and re-post!!"

But were not friends on FB. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Carson10 wrote: »
    person on my FB does this for every day of the week: e.g:

Happy Monday PEEPS
    Happy Tuesday PEEPS
    Happy Wednesday PEEPS

You probably would be well within your rights to kill this person.

I've a theory that knobheads who got no attention in school or home are the ones who have embraced Facebook the most by posting the most inane sh*te every hour of every day.

Like the 35/36 year old girl from home who posts every hour....

I'm hungry, but no carbs

Is it home time yet?

Mr right is out there...he just hasn't found me yet

Gym tonight again

If its meant for you it won't go past you

And so on, and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

skinny90 wrote: »

I said this the last time something similar to that was going around - I reckon people just post that to give them a free card to insult their friends.

eg.
    >> "X, you're a f*cking b*tch and I hate you, and jaysus, lose some weight would ye?!"
    >> "Y, you're a d*ckhead and I really hate your laugh, wish i never befriended you! F*ck off yeah?"
    >> "Soooooorrry guys, it was the hackers!! :-D"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Korvanica wrote: »

I love the irony of this part in particular:
    tots not funi ha ets facebook nt english class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I love the irony of this part in particular:

I know yea, at first I wasn't sure if she was serious. But most of her statuses are WROTE like that...

Korvanica wrote: »
    I know yea, at first I wasn't sure if she was serious. But most of her statuses are written like that...

*Wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Not exactly a status but just this lads general info page makes me laugh. Every single day he just posts "who goin out 2nite??!?!". And for some reason he keeps deleting his face book and creating news ones. He also likes to delete me as a friend, then add me again every few months. No idea why.

I wish I could show you the pictures he puts of himself, they're just too fúcking funny. Am I allowed to do that here?

http://i.imgur.com/MJCa8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Not exactly a status but just this lads general info page makes me laugh. Every single day he just posts "who goin out 2nite??!?!". And for some reason he keeps deleting his face book and creating news ones. He also likes to delete me as a friend, then add me again every few months. No idea why.

I wish I could show you the pictures he puts of himself, they're just too fúcking funny. Am I allowed to do that here?

http://i.imgur.com/MJCa8.png

Sure why not???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Picture of two little girls praying with 'like if you believe God answers our prayers, ignore if you don't ' half a million likes so far! With a comment Share if you pray to God. I really don't think God, Mohammed or whatever God you believe in is on Facebook you moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm friends with two people who are having a long and drawn out argument via status updates. But they don't actually address each other, no, it's all stuff like
    A: "I'm sick of people lying, ffs, just tell the f*cking truth".
    B:"I hate being called a liar when it's the other person who always lies, so two-faced"
    A: "Some people clearly have no lives and... blahblahblah"
    and on and on and on. I've seen quite a few other girls do this too.

Take it to chat or just de-friend each other ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

*Wrote.

If you're going to correct someone's spelling/grammar, at least make sure you're right FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Can't believe are we man is one tom were has that year went.

^^5 minutes ago from a girl who lived near us back home.

I really believe that English isn't her preferred language any more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mfceiling wrote: »

Does she have a kid? If so, I think she is saying its his birthday tomorrow.

I spend too much time on Facebook, I was able to understand that pretty easily :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought it was a song or something "we man is one Tom"

Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭JessicaRabbit

Oh dear oh dear!

fullstop wrote: »
    If you're going to correct someone's spelling/grammar, at least make sure you're right FFS :rolleyes:

Whooooooops... :o

^ Wait, is that spelled correctly? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

My brother-in-law is a nice bloke but he's just gotten his first girlfriend a few years later than most people. All his updates are sh1te like this now:

"Cuddles in bed with my beautiful gf after a long hard day :)"

I can't delete him without a row so he's on hide/block now. I want to scream at him - You're 30 ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

"I'm so board :("

Unsubsribe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Bit controversial but it's mostly women that ruin facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Bit controversial but it's mostly women that ruin facebook.
    Personally I think it's chavs/knackers/the uneducated that ruin facebook.

Honestly, if you got rid of data provision to prepay phones and "mobile" broadband sticks, the intelligence levels of the average person online would go back up to where it was a few years ago, when computers were just for "****in' nerds".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Personally I think it's chavs/knackers/the uneducated that ruin facebook.

Honestly, if you got rid of data provision to prepay phones and "mobile" broadband sticks, the intelligence levels of the average person online would go back up to where it was a few years ago, when computers were just for "****in' nerds".

They call that "online dating" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not a status but....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proud-Parents-Of-Unvaccinated-Children/302370145808

About
    A place for parents of unvaccinated children to share stories, ask questions,get info on raising our healthy unvaxxed kids and a place for parents of vaccinated kids/vaccine injured kids to come for education, and support from many others
    Mission
    To educate the world about the REAL dangers of vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

danniemcq wrote: »
    not a status but....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proud-Parents-Of-Unvaccinated-Children/302370145808

About
    A place for parents of unvaccinated children to share stories, ask questions,get info on raising our healthy unvaxxed kids and a place for parents of vaccinated kids/vaccine injured kids to come for education, and support from many others
    Mission
    To educate the world about the REAL dangers of vaccines
    Thanks for that. Just after finding the page so I can troll them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

"so new tattoo on the way at end of june, any ideas on what to get? :)"

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement