Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thanks to being friends with some of my younger cousins I see a few like this...

:-(

Reply "Aww whats up hun?"

:-(

Reply "will i ring u?"

:-)

/They didnt get that form my side of the family anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Rooted out this one from a couple of weeks ago. Still makes me laugh. Posted in all seriousness like it was some revelation might I add.

"Take the year you were born and add your age that you be this year and you get 2011"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Plenty of examples on this thread that I've seen on FB myself. Doesn't usually bother me, I've only ever deleted one family member because of them using it as a political platform cranked up to 11.

I have been thinking of going into massive overdrive for one day by posting status updates every 5-10 minutes for while I am awake even for the most trivial and benign of things e.g. "lawhec is taking a dump" to if nothing else, reflect back on some of my "friends" some of the tedious, pointless shít that they write. But I've yet to get around to doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Not a status thing but one thing that really bugs me - People creating profiles for their PETS. WTF?:mad:
    I have gotten friend requests from 2 dogs and a cat so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭LimeTime

Had idiots who post stuff like.

So and So is...On Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

facebook statuses are like your life only better

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"My son is 2 years old today. Love you lots xxx"

Firstly, your son isn't on Facebook, so he's not going to read, or 'like' your status. Even if you showed it to him, not a single **** would he give.

Secondly, if your son isn't going to read it, then you aren't posting it so he can see it. You're posting it so everyone you know can see it. Why? For the dozen "Awww he's soooo cute", "He's a smashing kid", "You must be so proud of him hun" messages you'll get. Well done. You dropped a sprog a few years ago. However, that's not enough, is it? You must make sure that everybody knows it's his birthday, and how wonderful a mammy you are that you diverted your attention away from your child to go on Facebook. You didn't post that status for him. You posted it for your own ego.

Thirdly, **** you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stop Lad!

getting sick of frapes these days.... just seen this one there now...

*Jack* "loves cock, big black cock!"

and about 10 morons then commenting below it on how they're ROFL at it

same old non-funny sh1te the whole time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

The misuse of the word random has increased tenfold since the advent of facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stop Lad! wrote: »

*Jack* "loves cock, big black cock!"

and about 10 morons then commenting below it on how they're ROFL at it

same old non-funny sh1te the whole time!
    Just because you got fraped... ROFPMSL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Stop Lad!

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Just because you got fraped... ROFPMSL

:rolleyes:

nicely played sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

And todays winner is:

"there's nuthing really going on at the moment haha"

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Paddy_Smith

Aoifey! wrote: »
    And todays winner is:

"there's nuthing really going on at the moment haha"
    Jaysus that is dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

"I'm board"

Immediately blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

"I'm board"

Immediately blocked.

Oh i have a friend who does that every so often,I DONT CARE!! but i cant hide them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'm just picking the dumbest today for this.

"aghh exams!plz god let me do rli wel"

But the first comment made me smile - "Lets hope it's not an English exam"

I know who your talking about :D saw it myself....haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Ledger wrote: »
    I know who your talking about :D saw it myself....haha
    Shh, no telling her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Shh, no telling her :p

why would I do a thing like that? It's half the fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i dunno about that.....
    youve given me a great new way to waste some time - setting up a profile for my Picasso and perhaps Juno and Diasy the dogs as well. might even consider a page for Barney the parrot - with full coloured pics and bloggy status updates on their movements :D

i know two people who made accounts under fake personas - like A Simkins - he was into steam trains, correcting everyones punctuation, steam trains, being pedantic and photographing steam trains. it was a laugh taking the piss out of that guy even if he was an imposter :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

At one stage I had about 7 people on my friends list all pregnant at the same time. Two in particular used to drive me mad with the thrice daily updates on every single aspect of their pregnancy (& one of them did so in txtspk). I removed both from my news feed. Ladies, nobody effing cares!

Couples posting lovey sh1te on each others walls or statuses is just cringey.

Also whats with people updating with 'tired.com' or 'wrecked.com' or 'hungover.com'??? When did .com get added to all these words?

Just as a side note, I was reading the 'Questions you were too afraid to ask' thread a couple of days ago and I posted 'Why do men have nipples?' as my status update. The resulting answers were both educational and funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Posted two seconds ago:
    "Urgh was n great mood an then some ppl know how ta piss me off an get under my skin >:( u dnt deserve jack **** u prick"

I can already see how this will pan out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Someone may have posted this already but you should have a look at lamebook.com.
    People send in classic Facebook status shots, cracks me up every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

emer_b wrote: »
    Someone may have posted this already but you should have a look at lamebook.com.
    People send in classic Facebook status shots, cracks me up every day!

I posted a link to the 'unborn updates' one on a previous page. So funny!!! :D

Stop Lad! wrote: »

All of them involve some ''I'm gay'' comment. People who do it are the same types who think breaking stuff when drunk and messing with people sleeping is funny.

I mainly hate groups.

I've around 20 girls blocked due to joining 100 groups a day and filling my news feed with bull****.

I also have a MASSIVE dislike to the people who post nothing but drink related statuses...... ''Heading out tonight''.... ''Good night last night''.... ''So sick today''... blah blah blah
    Yes you are a boring person with no life outside destroying your body... you're cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

anybody doing these 'challenges'. Especially this friend challenge. Some dickhead at work went and wrote his girlfriend for about the first 5 days, they were only going out about 2 months and she quickly realised that he was a basket case and dumped him. That'll teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Ok I understand people who post 'RIP so and so' statuses (statusi?!) .

BUT what really gets me is the constant updates, RIP again, miss you etc. One of my friends does this repeatedly about her grandad who is almost one year dead now.

I men, I know people have different ways of grieving, but on FACEBOOK? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Actually, hang on, I have the mother of all annoyances (pardon the pun!)

12 weeks gone today, love ye bubs!
    Had my scan today, so proud of bumpy!
    Bought some baby clothes today love you babe!

You're a teen mother, **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Dudess wrote: »
    There's some right two-faced spinelessness on this thread. I'll admit there are sometimes statuses which I think are pointless and silly, and to be fair, some people whom you add, you don't realise they're going to be posting crappy updates - and you might still like them a lot otherwise. But if you're going to be as full of sheer venom towards them as some of the posts here - clearly some of you really dislike the people in question - then just grow a pair and delete them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ckHTTH-6g

que se cortan perra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

People who 'like' their own status updates/comments are idiots too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement