Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

A girl I know that updates her status way too many times in the one day. They're usually about her stupid child....I DON'T CARE!
    • have a lovely long walk to Aldi's ahead of me!!!!!:(:(wishes at this moment i had a car..............
      20 hours ago
    • d place whr i taut i cud put brooke for few mins..in her buggy watching cartoons n she be ok....has now backfired...she has learned how to get out of it without opening the straps......ohhh lord!!!!!
      22 hours ago
    • ah good aul craic last night!!!wrecked today!!!!!!early night!!!!!!Zumba 2moro nite!!!!!:)
      12 April 10:31
    • My baby saying "ring"....good girl!!!!:)n good n bad thing: knows how to put the keys in the door the proper way without me showing her..clever:)thank god doesn no how to turn dem in it...YET!!!!!!!
      12 April 10:22
    • i sooooo need all new clothes:)but no mon no buy:(:(even penneys gone feckin dear!!!!!!Dunnes is prob cheaper at this stage!!!!!!
      12 April at 09:07
    • not used to these 7 o clock mornings:(no lie in's for me from mon:(My boyf bk to work!!!!
      12 April at 08:47

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Followed the trials and tribulations of a Polish "friend" of my mine who was living in Ireland and her posts were similar to

"Seriously h8 this fuking country" "Can't wait to leave Irland" (There's an e in it bítch)
    "H8 the weather, men and Irish food"
    So she moves to Germany and 3 weeks later

"I miss Irland" (Still can't spell it eh?)
    "Miss my friends, can wait to come back" blah blah blah

Glad it took the Germans to show how good we are. Won't delete her from friend list though as her constant moans make me smile and my life seems fab if not awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Stuff like this.
    "Bleh..."
    Attention seeking b.s. I think its a bad sign that one of my best friends posts **** like this up all the time.

Hate this kinda thing too. I have one "friend" thats always doing this, she posts things like "pissed off" "so sad" "got the best news" etc, if you've got something to say just say it ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

'had such a bad day today. found out who my real friends are' Followed by the usual comments 'aww what's up hun? 'ahh what happened?' and then the person comes back and says 'ah can't say on facebook go on chat'. PFFT keep your attention seeking crap off your status then!

'lukn 4wrd 2 d wkwnd wiv me girlos' Girlos is the worst word ever.

'going to bed, nite!'/'ahh cant believe its raining'/'so annoyed my free texts are gone'/'gutted I have to go to work today'- get very annoying very fast, nobody cares!

I've only hidden one person, most of the rest have entertainment value.

Oh I forgot 'FML' **** my life. Makes me angry seeing that.

You must have the exact same "friend's list" as me... I've read ALL of these on my "friend's" statuses.

+1 on the word "girlos".
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    If someone I don't wish to overtly offend requests me as a friend, I add them and immediately remove them from my news feed and then after a couple of weeks block them from receiving any updates from me. I then remove them completely in one of my regular purges.

I do this too. I get rid of people quite often.

Another annoying FB thing is when people update their statuses during important times of their lives.
    I know someone who had a kid a few months back (she's raising him alone), and within a day of leaving hospital started posting "I don't need any other man in my life", "I love my baby", "loving my life, so lucky", "little man is so amazing" etc. I wondered how she had time to actually care for the child as she was updating so frequently.

I know someone who is on honeymoon at the minute and she is updating her status at least once a day. Your honeymoon is hardly as "romantic" as you're letting on if you feel the need to tell everyone numerous times a day what you're eating/ trips you've taken/ how many cocktails you've had, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

yeah that wrecks my head. i used to have a friend that said 'good morning facebook' and 'good night facebook' every day. she was quickly deleted

What about the ones who inform you what day of the week it is?

Errrr, yeah, thanks for that, I wasn't quite sure you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

something on the lines of this : " night peeps! only 3 sleeps left to the weekend" then then 9 people like this! WTF:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

CHealy wrote: »
    If its really your best freind, you really shouldnt have a problem telling them to stop with the **** posts.

Nah man, he's a sound lad 99% of the time and I don't make a point of tellin all my mates the petty gripes I have about em :P

tman wrote: »
    Not going to go into much detail, but a friend's girlfriend posts a ridiculous amount of personal ****e on facebook... I knew their relationship was in major trouble before the poor ****er even did!
    The breakup was horrible... Was like watching a live feed of a train wreck!

If you've got deeply personal stuff to air, for the love of god just talk it over with all parties involved and don't ****ing post it on facebook!!!

And the updates with all the personal grievance and then......'you know who you are'.

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Just hide all posts by these people. It's the best thing I ever did for one person in particular who used to update their status with crap about 10 times a day. They still do it, I just don't have to see it anymore :)

I think I'll just put '2011' on my status.

That'll learn 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

There's a trend I've noticed on Facebook among some of my faux friends on Facebook which makes my skin crawl, and it is the act of mentioning a certain lecture/course/duration of time spent studying something and following that proclaiming themselves a nerd, usually in the most annoying way possible. For example:

"Ben just spent the last three hours finishing the microbiology report....NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!!"

Work/education: Civil Engineering (DIT)...nerd central!

My problem with these soi-disant "nerds" is the fact the fact that they have disarmed any pejorative element of the word by directing it at themselves, so it effectively amounts to boasting about their supposed intellect. They wish solely to draw attention to their academic position or achievements, but their tact is just about sufficient to prevent them from posting "I'm so smart because I do this!", so instead they attempt to veil it in a supposed insult, which actually ends up being more annoying because comes across as even more smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

bad : posting on facebook something like "ughh i wish theyd stop" or "so pissed off at someone right now" etc...

worse : that loner usually female friend who goes "ohh who are you on about ?"

the worst part : the reply "ohh ill message you dont want to say it here"

FúCKING RETARDED

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm on Facebook.
    My account is both work and personal.

Sometimes it is quicker and easier to chat to DJs and staff through FB than on the phone. Its like they never disconnect.
    Customers have added me, many are on ignore like DJs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

"Fcuking town and its people, wot a ****e hole, cant wait to move to Galway" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

When X Factor is on, everyone on my FB friends list who watches it would have my wall clogged up with stupid comments about, eg, oh i hope such and such gets through, i dont like such and such. F**k Off!!

People who have to tell everyone what they doing, "i dont want to work tomorro after been a week off" Well arent ya lucky to have a job?

When people say hungover.com, tired.com etc etc STFU!!

Thank god you can hide people on FB, its a good feature FB put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Someone said it here already.......holidays!

Why the hell would someone put up status updates while on holiday! I caught a friend doing it (i was here in ireland she was in spain i think) and told her to get the f**k off facebook back to the beach. Then people say "Oh I was only on it on my iPhone", why the f**k are you on your iphone. The only reason i bring my phone on holidays is for emergencies and to tell the time, mostly just to use the alarm or something.

Or they post holiday pictures while still abroad! At least wait til you get home you saps. Holidays are to relax and get away from everyday life, you get to go on facebook for the rest of the year!

They have a countdown til the day they go, then they have "just landed in lanzarote!", then the hangover updates during the day etc, then "Cant believe we're going home already", then "just landed in dublin", then a few days later "i wish i was back in lanzarote", in between of course uploading their sh*tload of useless photos!

aahh grinds my gears!

Another one i have is people who say they are bored or nothing to do, well get the f**k off FB and go do something, clean the house or go for a walk,
    FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

when i travelled to NZ for 6 weeks i had mam mithering me for pics after a few days. i didnt upload any till id been there 3 weeks and i was at a friends place there. the last thing i wanted to do was spend hours on a pc - i used to just check in with email etc before bed.
    that said - when i was in spain for 2 weeks she'd be mithering me for pics (omg what is it with pics....) i purposefully took pics of amusing things - a sorta of holiday pics with a difference: hello kitty ice cream i saw, the mug with my tea in it, me sat on one of those kids horse thingie you pay to use, my feet with flip flops on and a wine glass etc. then didnt upload them til i got home (but again id be checking email before bed - i was staying with family so why not)

the stauses dont bother me so much - i just ignore the newsfeed for the most part. but the nerves really grate if i see someone arguing with someone else on their fb status - in txt speak... school is skewl - thats possibly the worst

Aishae wrote: »
    when i travelled to NZ for 6 weeks i had mam mithering me for pics after a few days. i didnt upload any till id been there 3 weeks and i was at a friends place there. the last thing i wanted to do was spend hours on a pc - i used to just check in with email etc before bed.
    that said - when i was in spain for 2 weeks she'd be mithering me for pics (omg what is it with pics....) i purposefully took pics of amusing things - a sorta of holiday pics with a difference: hello kitty ice cream i saw, the mug with my tea in it, me sat on one of those kids horse thingie you pay to use, my feet with flip flops on and a wine glass etc. then didnt upload them til i got home (but again id be checking email before bed - i was staying with family so why not)

the stauses dont bother me so much - i just ignore the newsfeed for the most part. but the nerves really grate if i see someone arguing with someone else on their fb status - in txt speak... school is skewl - thats possibly the worst
    Your mam couldnt wait for 6 weeks? funny way of doing it, taking pics of pointless things!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

I hid updates from a friend of mine for constantly posting an update every time her child coughs or sneezes, which is several times a day apparently :rolleyes:

The funniest one I ever saw was on my cousin's account, let's call him "Brian":

Brian says: Brian, how do I get out of your Facebook and onto my Facebook? Love, mum.
    Comment (also from Brian): For god's sake mum I've shown you this a dozen times!!!

Priceless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I know someone who qualified as a chiropractor and created a facebook profile with Dr. in front of their name.

You're a bonesetter you crazy ****! You're two degrees separated from a shamen or a juju man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

There's a girl in my friend list who posts ''I hate Sundays'' almost every Sunday without fail. I think there might be something wrong with her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

St.Spodo wrote: »
    There's a girl in my friend list who posts ''I hate Sundays'' almost every Sunday without fail. I think there might be something wrong with her.

I might hazard a guess that Sunday is what's wrong with her :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

St.Spodo wrote: »

She might hate Sundays.

Bah!! second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

bluewolf wrote: »
    I might hazard a guess that Sunday is what's wrong with her :D:D

Yes, I was just speculating that she might have underlying emotional problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭KH25

I've had to resort to blocking several people because their statuses became so annoying/stupid. People checking in to their bed or their house is annoying as hell, as are people who just use their status to brag or gush about their 'amazing' partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

KH25 wrote: »
    People checking in to their bed or their house is annoying as hell

I HATE this "checkin in" thing.
    I'd say robbers love it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭KH25

ElleEm wrote: »
    I HATE this "checkin in" thing.
    I'd say robbers love it though!

:D Yeah it just seems completely unnecessary.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Today's thread was brought to you by the words 'soi-disant' and 'mither'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

to be honest it feels like people who comment on arguements (but when you ask what the problem is they say 'i cant say on FB'), send all these lovey dovey msgs to a hubby IN THEIR HOUSE, the update on their child and the ones who are always talking about 'a smashing night but god my head is wrecked' etc etc - all seems like people trying to make their life sound more interesting than they think it is.
    maybe thats a bit of a cynical thought but thats exactly how it feels to see that stuff. but its also why i dont let it get to me, its hardly important what anyone else does to feel better.

its the same with the check in thing. its always people i know who love to sound like they travel all over (mainly dublin in my f-list case) although im not sure what to make of the 'on the sofa with amy (link to amy)' 'in bed with amy link)'
    but i do know if i was with someone who alluded to our sex life like that we'd be having stern words

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement