Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

One on mine today " Congrats to my favorite whore whos having a baby" followed by rakes of laughing and joking about who the father is about i fear for humanity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sample: OMG Stress of lyf, thank god I have me hunnies!!!!!1111one

*sigh* There's no saving some...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

'yu reck ma hed chyld' es spelt like that

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

My problem with these soi-disant "nerds" is the fact the fact that they have disarmed any pejorative element of the word by directing it at themselves, so it effectively amounts to boasting about their supposed intellect. They wish solely to draw attention to their academic position or achievements, but their tact is just about sufficient to prevent them from posting "I'm so smart because I do this!", so instead they attempt to veil it in a supposed insult, which actually ends up being more annoying because comes across as even more smug.

Genius! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

There's a trend I've noticed on Facebook among some of my faux friends on Facebook which makes my skin crawl, and it is the act of mentioning a certain lecture/course/duration of time spent studying something and following that proclaiming themselves a nerd, usually in the most annoying way possible. For example:

"Ben just spent the last three hours finishing the microbiology report....NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!!"

Work/education: Civil Engineering (DIT)...nerd central!

My problem with these soi-disant "nerds" is the fact the fact that they have disarmed any pejorative element of the word by directing it at themselves, so it effectively amounts to boasting about their supposed intellect. They wish solely to draw attention to their academic position or achievements, but their tact is just about sufficient to prevent them from posting "I'm so smart because I do this!", so instead they attempt to veil it in a supposed insult, which actually ends up being more annoying because comes across as even more smug.

But it is incumbent on you to circumvent this conceit. Self-deprecation is an increasingly common technique to head off the witty retorts at the pass. You need a new angle of attack.

Example: "Phht, Civil Engineering in DIT would it not have been quicker to just join the dole queue from the start?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Have this crap clogging up my Newsfeed:
    ATTENTION!!!! ALL FACEBOOK USERS DO NOT ADD RHIANNA LOUISE ALSO IF SOMEBODY CALLED "ANGELA MURRAY", JASON LEE" ADDS YOU, DON'T ACCEPT THEM....IT'S A VIRUS TELL EVERYONE BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS THEM, YOU GET THE VIRUS TOO... COPY, PASTE AND PLEASE RE-POST. THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY FACEBOOK.

I have one friend who religously once a month will announce "so sick of seeing fake friends/people who haven't spoken to me in years/people who don't give a f**k about my life on my facebook feed...time to go on a friend clear out...if you get deleted whatever...blah blah blah..."
    30 mins later "clear out done, congrats, you made the cut!" ummm I haven't seen you or spoken to you in about 5 years, yet I appear to be one of the lucky few to make the ever important cut :confused:

Same person is constantly bitching about people bitching, in the style of "can't stand all you spineless two faced people bitching on here about people and not having the balls to say who you're talking about, like seriously, grow a pair and come out with it to the persons face"
    Pot...kettle...black...much?? Stop being such the hypocrite

I have two friends who check in to absolutely everywhere they go...work, shop down the road, if they're out shopping they check in to every single shop they visit, friends house, neighbours house, their own house (by room I should add...bedroom, kitchen, living room, toilet :confused:) one even felt the need to check in to a traffic jam...

There's a bloke I work with who's facebook statuses consist of nothing soppy tripe about his girlfriend, his daily status routine runs something like this:
    8am - "can't believe I get too wake up beside my beatiful honey bun, I'm so lucky, luv u loadsss hun xxxxxxxxxx" (you've just woke up beside her, tell her instead of almost making me lose my breakfast!)
    10am - "in work, missing my wonderful gf luv u babez xxxxxx"
    1pm - "just had lunch with my baby, i love u so much and miss u xxxxxxxxx" (you left her 5 mins ago, stfu...)
    4pm - "can't wait 5:30 to I get home and see beautiful gorgeous gf again, been too long since I seen ur face love u always huni xxxxxxx"
    6pm - "finally at home again with the best gf in the world, u complete me babes xxxxxx"
    10pm - "just heading to bed with my gf, happiest time of my day, cuddles and snuggles, i love you soooo much girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    :mad:
    Kill me now! If I could get away with it, I would punch him for it...the odd wee bit of lovey-dovey tripe doesn't bother me, but he makes me want gouge my own eyes out for having to read that every singl day, have never thought to hide his posts...but now that you mention it, where's that hide button!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

1pm - "just had lunch with my baby, i love u so much and miss u xxxxxxxxx" (you left her 5 mins ago, stfu...)

hahaha :D

i was inspired to have a bit of a clear out - i got 266 friends down to 191 - got rid of a load of people i knew as a kid who i have nothing in common with so i dont speak to and im sick of statuses like 'oh my head.. great night last nite' 'oh baby barry just did a number 2, clever boy' etc. and other people i picked up along the way who i dont speak to.
    scary thing is of the 191 left i know them all - family, a few friends i still see, card making and swap buddies... mostly family - where the hell are all the cousins springing up from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just had this one that made me wanna scratch my eyes out!! :pac:

~•☆Women are born angels. And when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly ..on a broomstick! Be warned. We are flexible like that. Keep posting this girls!☆•*¨*•.¸¸¸.•*¨* •☆

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

and people wonder why im not on faceache, in future i shall direct them to this thread... :D

I should start freaking out people with the check in, eg i checked in for a fap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

"Sum ppl Jus Reck De Head"

Followed underneath by:

"Ah Wats Wrong Hun? XxXx"

"Cant Say On This Hun, Ill Mail Ya K? XxXx"

"K Hun :L XxXxXxXx"

Ugh! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

People tweeting while watching tv shows about that tv show (Late Late, etc) is a pathetic way of passing time

What about people posting on boards about same?

If anyone wants to have a laugh on the check in, i done one a while back, first i checked into Abrakebabra, a little after i checked into a hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

I have one friend who religously once a month will announce "so sick of seeing fake friends/people who haven't spoken to me in years/people who don't give a f**k about my life on my facebook feed...time to go on a friend clear out...if you get deleted whatever...blah blah blah..."
    30 mins later "clear out done, congrats, you made the cut!" ummm I haven't seen you or spoken to you in about 5 years, yet I appear to be one of the lucky few to make the ever important cut :confused:

Same person is constantly bitching about people bitching, in the style of "can't stand all you spineless two faced people bitching on here about people and not having the balls to say who you're talking about, like seriously, grow a pair and come out with it to the persons face"
    Pot...kettle...black...much?? Stop being such the hypocrite

I have two friends who check in to absolutely everywhere they go...work, shop down the road, if they're out shopping they check in to every single shop they visit, friends house, neighbours house, their own house (by room I should add...bedroom, kitchen, living room, toilet :confused:) one even felt the need to check in to a traffic jam...

There's a bloke I work with who's facebook statuses consist of nothing soppy tripe about his girlfriend, his daily status routine runs something like this:
    8am - "can't believe I get too wake up beside my beatiful honey bun, I'm so lucky, luv u loadsss hun xxxxxxxxxx" (you've just woke up beside her, tell her instead of almost making me lose my breakfast!)
    4pm - "can't wait 5:30 to I get home and see beautiful gorgeous gf again, been too long since I seen ur face love u always huni xxxxxxx"
    6pm - "finally at home again with the best gf in the world, u complete me babes xxxxxx"
    10pm - "just heading to bed with my gf, happiest time of my day, cuddles and snuggles, i love you soooo much girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    :mad:
    Kill me now! If I could get away with it, I would punch him for it...the odd wee bit of lovey-dovey tripe doesn't bother me, but he makes me want gouge my own eyes out for having to read that every singl day, have never thought to hide his posts...but now that you mention it, where's that hide button!!

For the crack I'd put up the post right after each of his:
    8:05am (Name) should be heading to work about now..... can't wait
    10:05am just arrived at (Name)'s house ..... bring on the good times.
    01:05 just stopped ridding (Name)'s GF. need some food .... licking cream from (Name)'s Gf's boobs
    4:05pm shower then home before (Name)'s comes home and catches me.
    10:30pm just finished uploading video of me and (Name)'s Gf to dirtybitches.com ... sleep now .... doing it all again tomorrow.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Dumbest facebook status is to be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Sweet girls come from the south, Barbies come from California, but IRISH girls have fire and ice in our blood! We can drive in the mud, handle the cold, beat the heat, be a princess, throw a right hook and drink with the boys! We can cook a good meal and if we have an opinion...You bet your Ass you're gonna hear it!!! - re-post if you're A IRISH GIRL and proud of it!!!

yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

A friend of mine who has a 3 year old keeps writing statuses to her 3 year old, he's hardly on facebook now is he? Every bloody day "Aw my small man I love you so much you make mummy so proud have fun at playschool today xxxxxxxx", does playschool teach Facebook now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

beano345 wrote: »
    Sweet girls come from the south, Barbies come from California, but IRISH girls have fire and ice in our blood! We can drive in the mud, handle the cold, beat the heat, be a princess, throw a right hook and drink with the boys! We can cook a good meal and if we have an opinion...You bet your Ass you're gonna hear it!!! - re-post if you're A IRISH GIRL and proud of it!!!

yeah

Are you an Irish girl and proud of it then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Are you an Irish girl and proud of it then?

no but ive never met an irish girl that could do all those things:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Formosa

Facebook is for bennys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Followed underneath by:

Passive aggressive dribble... I'd be torn to shreds by the lads if I pulled this ****..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

beano345 wrote: »
    no but ive never met an irish girl that could do all those things:D

The fire and ice part would probably be a big stumbling block alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

"The awkward moment when..."

Hey dipshits. Not fcuking funny. Generally those stupid groups are painfully irritating - all this:

Girl: Do you think I'm pretty?
    Boy:No
    Girl: Do you like me?
    Girl: Would you cry if I was gone?
    The girl turns away crying. The boy grabs her by the arm and says:
    I don't think you're pretty, I think you're beautiful. I don't like you, I love you from the bottom of my heart. I wouldn't cry if you were gone, I would die without you.

etc.

Fcuk off you stupid brainless bitches. I don't really use Facebook anymore so I just let the whole thing fester and multiply.

The new fad at the moment is people putting up a link to vote for something, have seen a few to vote for dogs to win, and another is a couple from my area in to win a gold wedding worth €30,000.
    I DONT CARE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

like if you get it ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Formosa wrote: »
    Facebook is for bennys...

Benny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Anything with the words 'yhuu' or 'yhoo'.

'Nite all'

Annoying as hell. The check ins are pretty annoying too. Nobody cares that you're in Eddie Rockets. Seriously!

• Advertisement

Followed underneath by:

purposefully misspelling - lots of kisses - saying 'i cant say it online' after making a fuss - and overuse of the 'hun'
    a few reasons to ignore that kind of status - thankfully none of my list do that (got rid of the ones that did as i didnt really know them anymore anyway) - i guess if people i DID care for had statuses like that id be less 'agh' about it in their case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement