Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

conor_ie wrote: »
    This makes my brain hurt...

I laughed way too loud at this!

You're missing a trick if you don't reply, "No you're not allowed to look at pictures of it, to prove it I'm going to post a picture of it on your page right now. Look away now!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

This is an American account, most likely been posted but here goes anyway..... No words.

"LOL just found a phone from the 90s with a hashtag! Twitter wasn't even invented then, why did they need a hashtag back then?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Mallagio wrote: »
    This is an American account, most likely been posted but here goes anyway..... No words.

"LOL just found a phone from the 90s with a hashtag! Twitter wasn't even invented then, why did they need a hashtag back then?"

Dear Lord. This is when you really need to start worrying about who,or what even, is breathing the same air as the rest of us "more informed" individuals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Not fb related but I made the mistake of adding a young mother of snapchat......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Meet you in town tomorrow for lunch?"
    "Yes! Whereabouts?"
    "Daniel O'Donnell statue? 1pm?"
    "Great. See ya then".

Not one person corrected her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Little note to all u people out there that have never seen a child throw a tantrum.
    My child is 4 he can be an angel or he can be a right wee skitter. He throws tantrums like every other 4 year old, especially when he is tired.
    There is no need to stare and look at me like I'm an alien in whatever way I choose to deal with that, I am his mum, if I decide to walk away and try to ignore it, that's how I try to deal with it it that doesn't work I will try a different method?
    Don't like it? Away and look at ur own Angels don't stare at me and make my child's tantrum even more of an issue than it already is!
    Thank u!
    ‪#‎rantover‬"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nib wrote: »
    "Little note to all u people out there that have never seen a child throw a tantrum.
    My child is 4 he can be an angel or he can be a right wee skitter. He throws tantrums like every other 4 year old, especially when he is tired.
    There is no need to stare and look at me like I'm an alien in whatever way I choose to deal with that, I am his mum, if I decide to walk away and try to ignore it, that's how I try to deal with it it that doesn't work I will try a different method?
    Don't like it? Away and look at ur own Angels don't stare at me and make my child's tantrum even more of an issue than it already is!
    Thank u!
    ‪#‎rantover‬"

I had to look twice and then doubted I was spelling it right but she did actually spell angel correctly. The final seal has been broken, the end of days is upon us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Meet you in town tomorrow for lunch?"
    "Yes! Whereabouts?"
    "Daniel O'Donnell statue? 1pm?"
    "Great. See ya then".

Not one person corrected her.

I'll be there at 1pm tomorrow. When I see what looks like to people meeting up in that location, I'll walk up to the woman. I'll show her this, call her a silly b1tch and walk off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I'll be there at 1pm tomorrow. When I see what looks like to people meeting up in that location, I'll walk up to the woman. I'll show her this, call her a silly b1tch and walk off :)

Make sure it's Daniel O'Donnell statue that you are at, not that other Daniel... :D

"The only time that my wife screams my name in bed is when I fart in my sleep."

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Friend of a friend posted on fb her mother had just died. Lots of "R U OK HUN" type posts then there is the kicker...................

"Why didnt anyone fukken ring me....fukken *****"
    The dead womans sister !!!!!!!!

Today she has the funeral details up, inviting everyone to come back to the pub afterwards to get legless

Owryan wrote: »
    Friend of a friend posted on fb her mother had just died. Lots of "R U OK HUN" type posts then there is the kicker...................

Today she has the funeral details up, inviting everyone to come back to the pub afterwards to get legless

That happened in my family, and was the main reason I deleted my account.

Some serious clowns on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Chavtastic

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

This crap was on my news feed

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When People post their opinions about something and end the status with "Like if you agree."

Example: "hahaha that disco was class! Like if u agree!"

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

NOS3 wrote: »
    When People post their opinions about something and end the status with "Like if you agree."

Example: "hahaha that disco was class! Like if u agree!"

Lyk dis if u cry evrytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Lack of sleep, pains over a stupid tooth, time of the month and history project doesn't go well together at all !!!

Yap a girl posted on Facebook that its her time of the month to people .......

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Lack of sleep, pains over a stupid tooth, time of the month and history project doesn't go well together at all !!!

Yep, I really, really needed to know that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

coolhull wrote: »
    Yep, I really, really needed to know that :mad:

I'd make a note & post on her wall next month & ask how is it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

In this day and age, are people really still weirded out by the notion that women have periods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

In this day and age, are people really still weirded out by the notion that women have periods?

I'm a woman, not remotely weirded out by the notion of having periods, not remotely weirded out by any other woman having periods, but entirely weirded out by the notion of announcing it on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I had one who posted photos from a funeral...got a great one standing beside the flowers spelling out 'Nan'

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

I heard of someone lately who posted a picture of one of their parents in their coffin at the wake...

"Old people at weddings always poke me n say "You're Next". So I started doing the same to them at funerals...."

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm a woman, not remotely weirded out by the notion of having periods, not remotely weirded out by any other woman having periods, but entirely weirded out by the notion of announcing it on social media.

If l bled out of me wiener every month, I'd be telling everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why are ye all friends with such Chavvy people???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

efb wrote: »
    Why are ye all friends with such Chavvy people???

You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Not Facebook but I got a Snapchat from my 25 year old cousin who only months ago had the whole family worried with an illness.
    d:

Good example of a particularly Irish trait - if you are ill it is YOUR fault and don't be worrying your mammy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

"Any 1 wanna buy brand new ghd curve wand never used in box psm only price ngotible can meet wit it xxx"
    This lady is full time posting phones etc for sale. I always wonder where she got the property in the 1st place. I'm not friends with her. Just nose on her page. Because it's open to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Mallagio wrote: »
    "Old people at weddings always poke me n say "You're Next". So I started doing the same to them at funerals...."

:D:D:D

I quite like that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement