Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

And yet they never seem to delete their friends.

Presumably because they'd quickly go from 2,000 strangers to 6 other morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

LizT wrote: »
    Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS to type a heart, first type < then 3 It will turn into a heart as soon as you post it xx

*puke*

At least now I know life is a competition about who is the best at not getting a disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

At least now I know life is a competition about who is the best at not getting a disease.

Also, what's with the "this is only for women part" - men can get breast cancer too. Ridiculously stupid!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Also, what's with the "this is only for women part" - men can get breast cancer too. Ridiculously stupid!

Because the people behind it are probably so dense they don't realise this. :rolleyes:

"Yeah! Let's show solidarity against breast cancer by excluding half the population from the discussion! Damn men, they don't know our plight and aren't affected by breast cancer at all and so don't care or want raise awareness like us! YOU GO GIRLS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

They do realise that men also get breast cancer, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

rawn wrote: »
    They do realise that men also get breast cancer, right?

No, they don't. They are imbeciles who believe that Facebook can cure cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

No, they don't. They are imbeciles who believe that Facebook can cure cancer.

Remember that time when we stopped Kony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What's Kony cancer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Or that time when child abuse was completely eradicated because of those cartoon profile pictures?

Or that time when child abuse was completely eradicated because of those cartoon profile pictures?

Well I wasn't abused by a child after I put it up so it obviously worked for me…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Well I wasn't abused by a child after I put it up so it obviously worked for me…

Job done. Another life saved <3

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Tetra wrote: »
    "Hello to all of you who are on my list of contacts of Facebook. I haven't wanted to do this, but after finding all of my photos located on another site, I would like to ask a favor of you…. You may not know that Facebook has changed its privacy configuration once again. Thanks to the new “Graphic app”, any person on FB anywhere in the world can see our photos, our “likes” and our “comments”. During the next two weeks, I am going to keep this message posted and I ask you to do the following and comment “DONE”. Those of my friends who do not maintain my information in private will be eliminated from my list of friends, because I want the information I share with you, my friends, to remain among my friends and not be available to the whole world. I want to be able to publish photos of my friends and family without strangers being able to see them, which is what happens now when you choose “like” or “comment”. Unfortunately we cannot change this configuration because FB has made it like this.
    1. So, please, place your cursor over my photo that appears in this box (without clicking) and a window will open.
    2. Now move the cursor to the word “Friends”, again without clicking and then on “Settings”.
    3. Un-check “Life Events” and “Comments and Like”. This way my activity with my family and friends will no longer be made public.
    4. Now, copy and paste this text on your own wall (do not “Share” it!). Once I see it published on your page, I will un-check the same.
    Thanks!"

This ^^ clogs up my newsfeed every so often - all American friends - I don't know what to say...
    I like the way they say they'll "eliminate" people, sounds like ethnic cleansing or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I like the way they say they'll "eliminate" people, sounds like ethnic cleansing or something.

But it's not personal, just business :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Excellent status update:
    The awkward moment when you shout "i can hear you im not deaf" in a class that you have a deaf student in

And then another teacher posts this in the comments...
    o ya is it fr t yr? dnt start me on d maths. bain of my life

Sweet jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I know a very highly educated, very Irish, very white couple in their 30's who call each other boo, I want to punch them or scrape my own brain out every time they say it. "Hey booooo" down the phone, argh.

I used to call my ex Boo, but it wasn't boo as in some sort of R&B "chillin' with ma boo" thing, it was a nickname she got one Hallowe'en. Used to call her either that or Bones. Again, just a nickname, not a pet name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

LizT wrote: »
    Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS to type a heart, first type < then 3 It will turn into a heart as soon as you post it xx

*puke*
    Ah yes, because not talking about what you are posting about will raise awareness. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, because not talking about what you are posting about will raise awareness. :rolleyes:

To be fair, women always have to fondle their boobs when they type out '<3' (something to do with their strange hormonal imbalances) so I think it's a good way to fool them into examining their own breasts. Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'm so sick of people sharing those bloody pics of unsealed PS4/iPhone/Kindle and thinking they have a hope in hell of winning.
    I would have more chance of sticking a feather up me arse and suddenly having the ability to fly than they have or getting one of the items up for grabs.
    Do they not notice the page was set up a week ago. Facebook really is a breeding ground for stupidity.
    I miss the old days when you actually had to have a conversation with someone to realise they were a moron.

One of my friends, who I previously thought was smart enough shared one of these for a 50" TV. I asked him if he really thought it likely that Argos would have a space and a full stop in their Facebook profile name?

Then he replied that he was 5 minutes into filling out some survey when he saw my post and figured something might be up.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

Newaglish wrote: »
    Excellent status update:

And then another teacher posts this in the comments...

Sweet jesus.

It's finally happened! I know the person who posted this status, I saw it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Ruh roh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

HeyyHeyy My Baby Its Ur Other Half ;)Jus Dropped By 2 Tell u Hw Much I Love U&Miss Yhuu Soo Much My Filmstar :D Ur Mail Is Veryy Intresting Ahaha :D Told U I'd Gt U Bk Frm Last Nyt Ahaha ;) PayBack Is A Bitch Ahahaha :D AnyWays I'm Loggin Off Nww :D Loves U My Babyyy Mwaaaaah :* Catch It All Da Way Frm Across Da Ocean Ahhaha :D Laters Haters :D :*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

HeyyHeyy My Baby Its Ur Other Half ;)Jus Dropped By 2 Tell u Hw Much I Love U&Miss Yhuu Soo Much My Filmstar :D Ur Mail Is Veryy Intresting Ahaha :D Told U I'd Gt U Bk Frm Last Nyt Ahaha ;) PayBack Is A Bitch Ahahaha :D AnyWays I'm Loggin Off Nww :D Loves U My Babyyy Mwaaaaah :* Catch It All Da Way Frm Across Da Ocean Ahhaha :D Laters Haters :D :*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, that post is so profound :rolleyes:

I think it's supposed to be some form of witty frape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I think it's supposed to some of witty frape.

Someone needs to report this to Fidelma.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

milltown wrote: »
    I asked him if he really thought it likely that Argos would have a space and a full stop in their Facebook profile name?

So bloody true. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

If you're going to frape someone at least make the effort to make it funny... Saw one earlier that said 'I have piles, can anyone recommend a good cream' or something to that effect.... So obvious and in no way an intelligent way to frape anyone!

On the other hand I did see one where a girl changed her bf's account details so Facebook thought he was female - every time he posts a pic etc Facebook calls him 'her' - simple but effective!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Asher Wynott 55

I'm going to live in Mexico for 23months!!
    11 likes, 11 comments

Is off to Mexico — :)feeling excited.
    7 likes, 4 comments

only one of these statuses is true,

11 likes, 11 comments

7 likes, 4 comments

only one of these statuses is true,

I'm guessing the 23 months one. No one could be excited to be living in Mexico. All those flies and crystal meth kingpins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I'm guessing the 23 months one. No one could be excited to be living in Mexico. All those flies and crystal meth kingpins...
    dead
    crystal meth kingpins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I'm pretty sure the country and number of months are some cloaked references to one of these 'secretive awareness' thingies.
    Hard to explain.
    Like that breast cancer thing, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement