Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He's just being precious as usual, because someone had the temerity to question his overly pc phrasing of Derry/Londonderry yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Does the music on the double glazing windows advert annoy anyone else? It sounds like the music for some kind of motivational DVD.

What are we listening to I ask you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Secondhanddress

"my vagina is a princess and she deserves a crown"...Are we listening to daytime RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"my vagina is a princess and she deserves a crown"...Are we listening to daytime RTE?

Seeing as the wan who made the statement "stars" in Tallafornia and was heading for Santa Ponza, are we shocked? :rolleyes:

Mooney going on the defensive again over his use of Derrylondonderrycitya'culture or whatever f**ked up way he put it.

Has to be a bit different (well, up to a point!).;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Poxy Eurobore again.

Poxy Eurobore again.

Paul G., minefield of useless Eurovision info.(as if there was such a thing as useful Eurovision info., :mad: can't get the feckers here to switch over to another station.

He's doing my bloody head in.

*Just going back to the Vajazzle item, did de reeel-classy burd mention she had acute angina :D .....sometimes my ears play tricks on me when forced to listen to Mooney Does Radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Does Mooney cover any other topics apart from Eurovision or Nature?

Edit: Ohh wait now a free advertisement for Dermot O'Neil guided Garden tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

He's unbelievably easy to wind up.. I did it once with one text for the pure badness ;)

All you have to do is disagree with him and throw in something like how you're switching over...or ask if he's pushing a gay/eurovision agenda, thats a dead cert....

Does Mooney cover any other topics apart from Eurovision or Nature?

Of course he does, he's not as shallow as we sometimes think....there's...

Gay marriage..... also any subject that fits the Mooney gay agenda criterion tbh.

Jedward.

Himself.

.......erm, that's about it I'd say :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Derek now seems to spend 98% of his show either apologising or defending himself from an opinion that he made!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I would love to know exactly how many days mooney actually works a year, sick days, holidays factored in. Its ridiculous, marty morrisey is covering again, Marty's another charlie bird / george lee clone in that the montrose powers that be give them work for the sake of it rather than trim the fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

heybaby wrote: »
    I would love to know exactly how many days mooney actually works a year, sick days, holidays factored in. Its ridiculous, marty morrisey is covering again

I was wondering that myself, Mooney seems to be gone every three or four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does Derek Mooney seriously think that we give a toss about the Swedish national song contest? I presume RTE footed the bill to send those two anoraks to Sweden for the weekend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Does Derek Mooney seriously think that we give a toss about the Swedish national song contest? I presume RTE footed the bill to send those two anoraks to Sweden for the weekend :rolleyes:

^ Dear Derek, dont mind the above... Some people only take an interest in the Eurovision when it's held in Mill Street and they can monetize the event.. The rest of us just love Eurovision all year round.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

You have to laugh, yet Mooney and his Eurovision Anorak pal seem to get away with turning what was an ok show into a Eurovision fanzine these days. Most of the population only want to hear about Eurovision a week before the contest starts but how many hours a year does Mooney devote to rambling on about it? Did he do some deal with the RTE Personnel Dept? "I take Brenda until you can get rid of her but I can control the content of my show".

Did he do some deal with the RTE Personnel Dept? "I take Brenda until you can get rid of her but I can control the content of my show".

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Derek waxing lyrical about watching the women's rugby and meeting the team last night down the pub. He is now calling for all their games to be shown live on TV.

Where was Ireland's biggest bandwagon hopper's support before the tournament?

"Get rid of the colour tele", says Derek.

So, does that mean you can still get black and white TV's these days?? :confused:

It might affect Derek's salary, seeing as the black and white TV licence was always cheaper than the colour licence.

"Get rid of the colour tele", says Derek.

So, does that mean you can still get black and white TV's these days?? :confused:

I think a black and white TV would set you back more than a small portable. There is also a question of power consumption. A 19" LCD telly would have a much lower power consumption than a big old Black and White. Over time the extra power consumption would cost you more money.

I got back from Belfast on Saturday, spent 3 days in the Titanic Quarter and have no idea what the colour of the cranes were.

I missed the start, what was the story with the breakfast cereal? And why shame on the government? Are they putting up VAT on coco-pops?

• Advertisement

Is Derek Mooney for real that he has never heard Ritchie Cavanaghs Mobile Phone song?

Was he living under a rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Easy knowing Mooney has no kids, makes it all sound so simple :)

Mooney is making my blood boil with him pontificating about poverty and he's earning about 300k a year. The bollix should keep his mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭baldbear

Mooney's loyal listeners will not like todays topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

baldbear wrote: »
    Mooney's loyal listeners will not like todays topic!

I thought it was a re run of yesterday's show tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Zippy mused: ".....i wonder if the rumours about George are true?....."

zippy-now-431x300.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

A very special episode of Reeling in the Queers.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

chasmcb wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself, Mooney seems to be gone every three or four weeks.

He's a werewolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

10 minutes late for nuacht.
    i wonder why?

• Advertisement

Just wait for all the texts and the subsequent Mooney rant.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement