Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

europa11 wrote: »
    17th January:

Eurovision already :mad:......with obligatory Linda Martin soundtrack as backing. :eek:

He needs to come get out more.

Must switch elsewhere quick before the first Jedward plug of the year.

Yes,ditto here,off button in the motor got a thump as soon as Paul G. Got the mention.

Not for Mary I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Something strange going on with RTE Radio 1 reception in Mayo.

Reception perfect except when Derek does his triple-Thursday competition promo.
    Consistently every time he does that the reception is breaking up all over the place.
    Heard this happen on all 3 occasions over approx 45-50min interval.

Is there some kind of insert being done here where the local or remote transmitters are concerned ??

curious...and curiouser...

dvcireland wrote: »

They are plugging the K-Club big time Wedding stuff.

Jeez..... wears me out all this commercial crap, to be honest.

Talk about touting yourself around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Enjoying Richard getting his ass handed to him repeatedly as he tries to interject over the physicist (to show us, the listeners that he understands quantum theory) and keeps getting it wrong. At least Eanna had the good sense to keep schtum for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Amanda Brunker in the same studio as Brek and Mooney. Ugh. :(

She's complaining that her boobs are too big. She has to constantly hide them apparently. Maybe she should lay off all the public photo shoots she does so, the thick. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she will be getting them reduced. If there was only a way to reduce her massive inflated ego as well. Horrid woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Sounds as if there were a few negative texts about Amanda Brunker yesterday, though Derek didn't seem to want to read them out :rolleyes:

It's not as if she could have got a breast reduction without broadcasting it to the entire nation and basking in the self-propelled publicity. Tune in to the Mooney Show tomorrow when Amanda tells us what she had for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Sounds as if there were a few negative texts about Amanda Brunker yesterday, though Derek didn't seem to want to read them out :rolleyes:

It's not as if she could have got a breast reduction without broadcasting it to the entire nation and basking in the self-propelled publicity. Tune in to the Mooney Show tomorrow when Amanda tells us what she had for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Given the subject "at hand" and the programme it has to be.......

7995985438_cf88530eb0_z.jpg

A ticket for a wedding, not the worst idea (if a little tacky). Most days pressies are cash (and more than the cost of this ticket) which goes to subsidise the day anyway, the phrase ticket just sounds a little, I dunno...low rent.

Edit - the fiancé sounds like a Cyaaaaavan man, it sounds like he's not too keen on something that will net them less cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well ya heard it here first lads.

dereks never had some pussy...

...cat.

:D

• Advertisement

I'll pretend to be suitably shocked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Cats using human toilets is one of the topics today.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Worst show on the wireless by a country mile.

And now for yet another "Mrs. Brown's Boyas" plug......pass the cat's vomitbag.

Oh fck, Brendan O'Carroll :eek: I'm outta here!

telekon wrote: »
    Cats using human toilets is one of the topics today.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Worst show on the wireless by a country mile.

Speaking of crap, he's now talking about Mrs Brown's Boys for only the millionth time.

ripping of an ol 70s billy connolly joke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ripping of an ol 70s billy connolly joke too.

Most of his stuff is a rip off of superior comedians/films that he hopes the target audience hasn't seen, in the only episode I tried to watch of that poxy show he stole the piece from Mel Brook's "High Anxiety" where the woman is driving to the airport and you hear dramatic orchestral music then suddenly a bus with an orchestra playing passes by, in O'Carroll's case its a string quartet outside her back door, piss poor.

I've a better solution to the cat poo issue:
    Stage 0 - don't have a fúcking cat if you live in an apartment, you fúckwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

has derick just proclaimed himself as the high queen of Ireland?

sounded like it alright !

have to admit, i know its sad but i really love that sample of the robbie williams song he plays for the quizz.

really perks me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was going to have another chicken sandwich.

I won't now.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I was going to have another chicken sandwich.

I won't now.

Haven't been listening (mercifully :D) Syk, what happened?.....Did Derek just choke the chicken a lá Prenderville ? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

europa11 wrote: »
    Haven't been listening (mercifully :D) Syk, what happened?.....Did Derek just choke the chicken a lá Prenderville ? :):)

He was talking to some guy who was 22 stone, and they brought him and a boxer in to get MRIs done. The boxer had 8 litres of fat, and the other guy had 50 litres of fat.

At that point I decided to wait until dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ballymore Heustace:rolleyes:

Ballymore Heustace:rolleyes:

He heh heard that too , sent them a txt wondering where that place was?

Said it,not once,but every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Blannidge playing the role of a bully.. I'd say that was a stretch for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

What is up with the insert for "Thursday lucky 3" promo (or whatever it is called) ?

Here in Mayo, for the last few weeks I've been working from home here when it comes on it causes our FM radio to break up.
    Not sure if it is a break in RF transmission or the stereo signal getting confused.
    I can't imagine other locations in Ireland are seeing this - otherwise I'd imagine more would have posted about it ?

I wonder if it is because they are broadcasting from an outside broadcast and inserts from the main studio are getting screwed up somehow when rebroadcast from regional transmitters/repeaters ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Most of his stuff is a rip off of superior comedians/films that he hopes the target audience hasn't seen, in the only episode I tried to watch of that poxy show he stole the piece from Mel Brook's "High Anxiety" where the woman is driving to the airport and you hear dramatic orchestral music then suddenly a bus with an orchestra playing passes by, in O'Carroll's case its a string quartet outside her back door, piss poor.

The Simpsons did it too, it's an old joke.

I don't know why they have these outside broadcasts. I couldn't give two hoots about Navan, just as I'm sure most people in Navan couldn't give two hoots about other parts of the country. Programmes like this have me reaching for the OFF button quicker than when I hear the Global Village theme toon being played on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

oh dear Lord.... gay parents and roaring cocks in the morning

• Advertisement

Derek, will you let yer man speak about cars and stop filling the airwaves with your pointless gibberish and ridiculous analogies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement