Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

".....watch me, John Mooney 2011 Whirled Cup....."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Once again Mooney displays complete ignorance of what it's like to be a parent.
    "I find parents shouting at children offensive" - well boo fúcking hoo, Derek. I find your pontificating offensive. I wish I had a show on the national airwaves to make that point made, but I guess I'm sh1t out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

One of the highest paid presenters in RTE whinging about the cost of second hand cars again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Derek's show has now been renamed Mooney Defends His Unpopular Opinions Then Goes Wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

Does anybody know if Leo is an engineer? I think he started life as a journalist?:eek: Pity yer man didn't ask him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yakuza wrote: »
    Once again Mooney displays complete ignorance of what it's like to be a parent.
    "I find parents shouting at children offensive" - well boo fúcking hoo, Derek. I find your pontificating offensive. I wish I had a show on the national airwaves to make that point made, but I guess I'm sh1t out of luck.

I don't mind him displaying a complete ignorance of what its like to be a parent, considering he is a single white man. Displaying ignorance as to what its like to be a radio presenter is what i have a problem with.

Like his "I travel to Birmingham to visit the theatre alot". Why Birmingham? No mention of London, no mention of Broadway. No wonder the people in the office think he has a lover in Birmingham, its like me going to Ennis to look at dish washers.

syklops wrote: »
    I don't mind him displaying a complete ignorance of what its like to be a parent, considering he is a single white man. Displaying ignorance as to what its like to be a radio presenter is what i have a problem with.

Like his "I travel to Birmingham to visit the theatre alot". Why Birmingham? No mention of London, no mention of Broadway. No wonder the people in the office think he has a lover in Birmingham, its like me going to Ennis to look at dish washers.

The point I was trying to make (and hands up, I didn't do a good job of it) was that this was another example of him using his well-paid slot on a nationally-broadcast show to have a rant / moan about something that is out of his small sphere of knowledge. It wasn't the content of his whine per se, just the fact he brought it up, pretty much apropos of nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Jeepers, Mooney's gone mad.

Mind you, I agree with him about Michael Jackson and the hype over Tom Cruise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

AK333 wrote: »
    Jeepers, Mooney's gone mad.

He has been since the 4th of March 1967.
    AK333 wrote: »
    Mind you, I agree with him about Michael Jackson and the hype over Tom Cruise.

100% agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

He has to be the most unlikeable and obnoxious presenter on Irish radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Jeebus this is the most boring radio I've heard in a long time..3 idiots blathering on about a teapot..I really am amazed how this passes for a radio show or pehaps I'm just being cynical :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Does Robbie Williams get a royalty everytime that stupid Mooneys money jingle is played?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

FFS, he's going on about some gig in the concert hall called "Mooney's Eurovision Melodies". The guy's just a parody of himself now.

Plus, can he do anything without having his name in the title?

No is the answer. No, he can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Discussing why birds shít on silver cars.... Are you able to get refunds on the TV licence?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Discussing why birds shít on silver cars.... Are you able to get refunds on the TV licence?

This is on the radio ;)

Whats the reason for the music? Its not a eurovision song, so feels out of place.

Feckin teapots.

Paging Lapin.. :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Paging Lapin.. :D:D

I emigrated to planet Moncrieff the moment I heard Mooney mention birds dream droppings on silver cars.

Thats more shít than I can put up with - literally. :)

Even Henry McKeen would be embarrassed to cover such a topic.

He's not still on about that Godforsaken Thatcherforsaken teapot is he ?

Jesus Christ. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lapin wrote: »
    I emigrated to planet Moncrieff the moment I heard Mooney mention birds dream droppings on silver cars.

All of the above and more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That_Guy wrote: »

It wasn't on the podcast.This seems to be happening a lot I think, whereby a topic is mentioned at the start of the show, and its not mentioned again and he doesn't even say it will be on another day?

They often have to cut topics out, as due to the unstructured nature of Mooney's (often tangential) rants and Brek's ham-fisted interjections, the planned interviews take longer than originally allowed for.

Either that or the producer / editor makes a decision to cut it out ("Mooney, you're not talking about this sh1t on air" -see what I did there :))

200 grand a year to talk about birdsh1t and dust mites...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Lapin wrote: »

just got through streaming marions show from sunday, she's going on about the fupping teapot too !

was it nicked off someone in RTE or something ?

I'd say Daniel's pillow is like a sheet of concrete..

God I hate that rule of three think he does with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Is he just playing her cd for the hour and a half?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mary Byrne admits she hates listening to herself.

Welcome to the club Mary :)

She thinks she sounds flat? No shít, Mary!
    "Me dis, me dah" - FFS IT'S MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Worked on a Kibbutz me arse, she made that up to get the gig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement