Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A million people listen to Derek Mooney a day?!?

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I don't know what she looks like but I love Brendas infectious laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Latchy wrote: »
    I don't know what she looks like but I love Brendas infectious laugh.

638494?$PDP_MAIN$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

telekon wrote: »
    638494?$PDP_MAIN$

deflated-balloon-628x363.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

The EC ban on insecticides to save the bees......and the Mooney crowd list out what countries voted yea or nay to still manage to make it sound like the bloody Eurovision!

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    The EC ban on insecticides to save the bees......and the Mooney crowd list out what countries voted yea or nay to still manage to make it sound like the bloody Eurovision!

Norway - No votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fat-Guy-Motorcycle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

A male caller with "no pussy at home" and baking a cake on his day off. Mooney is *very* interested in getting the recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Olan McGowan is an insufferable know it all.. though he's not unique on the show in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I have to agree with this segment - the amount of PC bullsh1t that has crept into English over the last few decades is staggering.

• Advertisement

turns on radio
    Derek:.... Eurovision-fever.....
    turns off radio

Yakuza wrote: »
    I have to agree with this segment - the amount of PC bullsh1t that has crept into English over the last few decades is staggering.

it's hard to stomach Mooney railing about Political Correctness when he's forever pushing his pink politics on the show.

Poor Blathnaid doesnt realise the flasher was probably recording their reactions on his phone. The video will be uploaded to the net before long.

Can't stand this rule of three bit.

Poor Blathnaid doesnt realise the flasher was probably recording their reactions on his phone. The video will be uploaded to the net before long.

I missed that bit, what happened exactly?

syklops wrote: »
    Can't stand this rule of three bit.

My rule of three? If any of the following three bints are on the radio I switch it off.. Nuala Carey, Blánidge, Brenda Donoghue..

I missed that bit, what happened exactly?

Blá and her siblings and mother were flashed by some lad in Venice.. He took out his lad and started smiling at them... It was probably Berlusconi..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Who in their right mind would open up to Blannige? Aren't there allegations of bullying in the workplace wafting around her? Not the most of sympathetic of creatures, if you ask me.

Blanaid does annoy me, admittedly.

Blá and her siblings and mother were flashed by some lad in Venice.. He took out his lad and started smiling at them... It was probably Berlusconi..

Stroking the pet rat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Blanaid does annoy me, admittedly.

I just don't understand the popularity of that woman!:confused:
    Yet RTE seem to feel the need to cajole her on a regular basis with some vehicle to remind people how unlikable she is. :confused:

Thats one manky looking pillow in fairness.

000741cc-440.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

An awful show. It's the same crap every day. Eurovision sausage contest, Jedward, Louie Walsh, Mardy Button, Mooney's Money, Mooney's Monday Quiz, Mooney tunes, Mooney's Mickey. And as for that foghorn Brek, i don't know how she listens to him. And that know it all wan on a Friday, she's an authority on everything.

I can't turn it off because it's just so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I do enjoy this thread... one thing I must have missed along the way though, why is Brenda called Brek?

Or is it really obvious and its just that I am thick
    eh, dont answer that :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

TedR wrote: »
    I do enjoy this thread... one thing I must have missed along the way though, why is Brenda called Brek?

Or is it really obvious and its just that I am thick
    eh, dont answer that :-)

Shrek's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Ah,, makes sense now... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

MJ23 wrote: »
    An awful show. It's the same crap every day. Eurovision sausage contest, Jedward, Louie Walsh, Mardy Button, Mooney's Money, Mooney's Monday Quiz, Mooney tunes, Mooney's Mickey. And as for that foghorn Brek, i don't know how she listens to him. And that know it all wan on a Friday, she's an authority on everything.

I can't turn it off because it's just so bad.

Yeah but, Olan and Richard make it OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

I'm good value for my €220k RTE salary, says Mooney

RTE star Derek Mooney has said that the controversy over presenter's salaries is down to people just being unhappy hearing what others earn.
    The radio host claimed he provided good value for money and draws in enough advertisers to justify his wages.
    The 45-year-old was RTE's seventh highest paid presenter in 2011, earning €220,000
    "I'm very lucky to earn what I do today, but I can tell you I work a full week and it's hard. People are always going to be unhappy about what people earn but I believe I give value for money," he told the Herald.
    "The Mooney programme has doubled its audience since it moved into that slot, and the telly audience for the shows I've done has always been very high, we sells lots of advertising."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/im-good-value-for-my-220k-rte-salary-says-mooney-29245375.html

They still don't get it. The presenter of a show is not the chief determining factor on how much revenue a show can generate, the most important thing is on what station and on what time it's on. Mooney replaced a niche arts programme, any number of different shows or presenters could have doubled that audience. It's not just down to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Vomit inducing stuff now.

The Abba know-it-all Show, Paul G Boredarseoffus leading the charge...........even Brek is getting into it "If I were in Stock-hollum i'd have opened an ABBA Museum years ago!"!

It's not too late Brek.

• Advertisement

They still don't get it. The presenter of a show is not the chief determining factor on how much revenue a show can generate, the most important thing is on what station and on what time it's on. Mooney replaced a niche arts programme, any number of different shows or presenters could have doubled that audience. It's not just down to him.

3 o'clock happens to be a time when a lot of mammies are stuck outside schools waiting for kids to come out, I am sure that has something to do with the massive increase in numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement