Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Now we've been subjected to a sneaky earful of June Rogers channelling Syl Fox. I had a hunch this show would be a sort of "Funny Friday à la Derek"-type dealio. And yet I still kept listening, more fool me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That song is some mess... simplistic, cliché rhymes..

Word of the year...

Ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I like the da but Abie Plilbin Boawan I cannot abide 220px-AbiePhilbinBowman.jpg

Heard him on this morning on NT and had to force myself to listen to John Murray, now he's on Mooney:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Greenman wrote: »
    I like the da but Abie Plilbin Boawan I cannot abide 220px-AbiePhilbinBowman.jpg

Heard him on this morning on NT and had to force myself to listen to John Murray, now he's on Mooney:mad::mad::mad:

Wow...Derek's last show of 2012 turned out to be the worst of the year!

As well as the usual 'can't accept any negative criticism at all towards Mrs. Brown's Boys', he then suggested the show was as good as 'Father Ted'!

:eek::eek::mad::mad:

Followed by that 'comedian' - heard him on John Murray's show a few weeks ago talking about songs with stupid song lyrics...if only we could invent techonology that allowed listeners to physically reach into their radio and strangle whoever is at the mic!

Followed by the phone-in quiz Just A Minute which ended in chaos as nobody could hear the bell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"The Mooney Word of the Year" (wtf is right!) will be revealed today.

As everything on this show has to be prefixed by "Mooney-", I would have thought it obvious what the "word of the year" is around these parts.

Although "Jedward", "Eurovision" and "Gay-marriage" might be in with a shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I used to think the silly season was in August when all the politicians are on holidays and everyday is a slow news day.

But having just heard Mooney's promo about a budgie being a Gay Byrne fan, I now know that its the silly season on this show all year round.

PS

4 minutes into the show and Jedward have been mentioned.

What took him so long today ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

World champion breeder of budgies on now.

I hope he doesn't apply for a part in Love Hate !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The budgie item is complete and utter rubbish, what a complete waste of money sending a reporter to cover this.

Time to stick on an audio book or podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The budgie item is complete and utter rubbish, what a complete waste of money sending a reporter to cover this.

Time to stick on an audio book or podcast.

I had to switch it off too, it was such utter rubbish. What was the conclusion? Is it that the budgie detests the sh1te "jazz" musak Gaybo plays?

• Advertisement

Breks new year resolution involves a visit to the gym.

Bit late for doing repeats isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

europa11 wrote: »
    Breks new year resolution involves a visit to the gym.

Bit late for doing repeats isn't it?
    ".....i'd love to stay and train with you,but i've got to go cover a story about an Elvis loving talking budgie who also loves Mary Byrne and Jedward and Eurovision....."

5889104520_fd1ea073e7_m.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Mooney will be looking forward to today's show. He'll be "chatting" to Francis Brennan.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

I definitely think that supermarket car parks should have a few pink parking spaces....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Listened to the wildlife prog today more or less, no Eanna ní Lamhna :):):) nice!!!!!.john-thomson-fast-show-jazz-image-1-996834484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ahh, I've not listened for several weeks, only to find him again at his usual form: Dictator-like ("you'll get married when we say you're getting married if you're getting the reception for free") in combination with his complete inability to see life from any point of view other than his own; midweek weddings are a pain in the hole for most folks who have to organise more time off work and have their chislers looked after in terms of school runs etc etc. Friday / Saturday weddings are much handier.

Derek, don't ever change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

poor brenda.

cant even get a pretend yes from derek when offering mariage to him

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Noel Cunnigham is due to be on today

"......Derek, do you think this shirt is a bit loud for radio ?....."

noel.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yakuza wrote: »
    Ahh, I've not listened for several weeks, only to find him again at his usual form: Dictator-like ("you'll get married when we say you're getting married if you're getting the reception for free") in combination with his complete inability to see life from any point of view other than his own; midweek weddings are a pain in the hole for most folks who have to organise more time off work and have their chislers looked after in terms of school runs etc etc. Friday / Saturday weddings are much handier.

Derek, don't ever change.

I listen to this show as seldom as possible, but every time I do accidentally find myself listening to the start of it, it's exactly the same - Derek being deliberately provocative/argumentative/unreasonable about something or other. It turns into a 5/10 minute shouting match between himself and Brenda.

He occasionally does (or used to anyway) have good items on the show, and can put in a good interview when he wants to - but he's lost me for one as a listener due to the above opening tactics on the show.

(and yes, I'm sure he cares loads :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The nepotism never ends:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dear God, Derek must be the most supersensitive clown in RTE.. Every day some rant about the most innocuous of comments.

"Any couples having a wedding or a civil ceremony next year"
    I'd say there's two chance of a straight couple winning that competition..

Has Derek Mooney ever done any Christmas pantomimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is it any wonder Roches Stores closed down, if they had to take back all of Brenda's "Wedgeworth"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aliensrus

is he always so pompous and argumentative......sounds like their is no other valid opinion except his.....just listened to him having a real go at Brenda.....would'nt have blamed her if she had decked him.

Aliensrus wrote: »
    is he always so pompous and argumentative......sounds like their is no other valid opinion except his.....just listened to him having a real go at Brenda.....would'nt have blamed her if she had decked him.

I'd imagine its just a playful, camp sort of bitchy type of conversation. He just needs to get himself out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aliensrus

Haha love it Neeson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Emma "Go -ugly"

:D

way to be sensitve derek !

Aliensrus wrote: »

Rarely keep him on for more than a few minutes these days, but caught his retort today to an e-mail (I presume it was) whereby some listener paid a compliment to Brek. Mooney immediately and in a real bitchy style (has he any other I wonder?) labelled him "some saddo from Kildare" and had another put-down ready for Brek as soon as she responded.

No great fan of Brek, but on the few occasions I do listen to their 'interactions', I have no doubt what I'm hearing is a nasty, cheap venomnous bully having a go at someone who has to take it as she has nowhere else to go and puts up with it like some abused spouse.

I wonder what Mr. Brek feels about such treatment if he hears it?

Long past time this 3-4:30 slot was given over to a music/arts show and be done with this egomaniac spouting his various and tiresome personal agendas over the public airwaves at our expense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I think the same 'Brek' is well able to hold her own,I wouldn't be too concerned listener!

:p

• Advertisement

17th January:

Eurovision already :mad:......with obligatory Linda Martin soundtrack as backing. :eek:

He needs to come get out more.

Must switch elsewhere quick before the first Jedward plug of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement