Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

telekon wrote: »
    Was it voted No.1 in a Top 5 of the world's worst radio shows?

Not quite! Somebody emailed in asking if Catriona McFadden's fiancé, JP Devlin who was mentioned during the week on Mooney was the same JP Devlin who is a regular on Saturday Live. He read out the email, it said something like "I was listening to the Mooney show on RTE1..." and he said "I don't know why" in a sarky tone! He must listen the odd time too!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

telekon wrote: »
    Derek, aka Jedward's biggest fan, has just said Leonard Cohen can't sing.

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike the guy anymore...

In fairness I'd agree with Derek on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Neeson wrote: »
    In fairness I'd agree with Derek on that one.
    He is more of a poet than a singer.

Leonard that is, not Derek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I wonder do Derek or Brek ever read any of the stuff on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Brek...someday she'll get found out.

Probably pulling about 90K a year for braying into the mic.

Only in RTE....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That bloody condescending,smug know it all Richard does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is it Groundhog Day on Mooney?? Weren't they supposed to be talking about the contents of women's handbags last week? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

God I hated the Waltons!

Yeah rub in Kilkennys win why dont you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

This show always seems calmer and slightly (just slightly) less vacuous when Mooney isn't presenting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is it Groundhog Day on Mooney?? Weren't they supposed to be talking about the contents of women's handbags last week? :confused:

That was because they ran on too long with some other subject on whatever day, and had to reschedule it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's like being in the backseat of an RTE carpool... inane chit chat about nothing interesting..

God this is some loads of nonsense.. Animal Human Olympics... I wonder how many of the listeners believe it is a real event.. probably Eanna..

New on this month's Mooney Show... Mooney Goes Missing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

God this is some loads of nonsense.. Animal Human Olympics... I wonder how many of the listeners believe it is a real event.. probably Eanna..

New on this month's Mooney Show... Mooney Goes Missing..

with a bit of luck, "Mooney stays missing on one" followed by Brek, Eanna and Richard and as well that guy from Cork who talks about the birds

Just wondering what the story is ... Olan announced that Aongus is gonna be hosting again on Monday... But seemed to allude to some sort of uncertainty. Is Derek sick or has he packed it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

unable to sleep
    listening to yesterdays show
    how are they able to get guests
    Eanna ní Lamhna and another guy kept cutting across a guest and contradicting him
    although Eanna is always at it
    thats it not really a rant, just annoys me thats all

Derek is gone on holiday to see his secret boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

MJ23 wrote: »
    Derek is gone on holiday to see his secret boyfriend

Azerbaijan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

WTF? More Eurovision nonsense without Derek at the helm...:mad:

Yakuza wrote: »
    WTF? More Eurovision nonsense without Derek at the helm...:mad:

A young wan obsessed with the eurovision, Jesus, the poor girl.
    Puppet head standing in for Derek this week again. Where does Derek's boyfriend live?

• Advertisement

For fcuk's sake, someone with 5 kids meets someone with 4 kids...what do they do?...Bring another baby into the world. Marvellous. And Brek's contribution : "I think you're amazing". I'd have given anything to hear her say "stupid" or "selfish".
    And don't get me started on yer wan updating FB while giving birth...grrrr

Yakuza wrote: »
    For fcuk's sake, someone with 5 kids meets someone with 4 kids...what do they do?...Bring another baby into the world. Marvellous. And Brek's contribution : "I think you're amazing". I'd have given anything to hear her say "stupid" or "selfish".
    And don't get me started on yer wan updating FB while giving birth...grrrr

Its not child benefit they should get its an invoice. Some people in ireland(and some other countries admittedly) seem to have babies with wanton abandonment. Would they not just have 1 or 2 and look after them. Then you have people who are the youngest of nine and who never had as much as a pair of boxers to call their own with personality issues later in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Brek "doin' an 'merican accent".........repeating herself now. :eek::(

oh this is bad, now Fungus is awake.

Moncreiff had better have something good on.

Time to catch up on Kermode podcasts.../bye

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Has there ever been a Mooney Show where they haven't mentioned Louis Walsh, Eurovision or Mrs Brown's Boys? :rolleyes:

Every day is Groundhog Day on Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Has there ever been a Mooney Show where they haven't mentioned Louis Walsh, Eurovision or Mrs Brown's Boys? :rolleyes:

Every day is Groundhog Day on Mooney.

Don't forget Ryan Tubridy. He gets a few mentions every day. eg. 'True or False.. Ryan Tubridy presents the Late late show on Friday nights.'

Kelly Clarkson has a fine set of pipes to be sure, but Brek's renditions are like nails on a blackboard /shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

She really must have eased up on the training make that kind of transformation in the space of 4 months.

• Advertisement

Pat Benatar - I remember watching that video in the 80's on Vincent Hanly's MT USA. Some bangin' choons on the show today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement