Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I had a little chortle - the Tarot card reader couldn't foretell the fact her course was going to go on for so long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Utter scutter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Dereks defensive mechanism activated yet again.

After spending half the programme rubbishing Tarot Cards, a listener points out the same "rubbish" argument can be applied to people with a fear of number 13 (yes, I know there's a name for it but couldn't be arsed).

Not too long back Mooney spent a whole afternnon pointing out the many, many, boring ways that he avoids just about any connection with 13 this or 13 that. Yet when the listener alludes to this he (Mooney) goes off on a typical BS tangent telling us he was "conditioned" to fear 13 by society. So he's not really afraid of 13 despite taking up national airtime lately telling us the opposite. And of course, so shirty as always :)

Anyway, still waiting for him to ask her about the White Witch Movements' position on Gay Marriage.

Maybe she'll tell him who the lucky man will be at his wedding! (My money's on Brek)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »
    Utter scutter. :rolleyes:

You're a poet and you're not aware of it!
    Dereks defensive mechanism activated yet again.

After spending half the programme rubbishing Tarot Cards, a listener points out the same "rubbish" argument can be applied to people with a fear of number 13 (yes, I know there's a name for it but couldn't be arsed).

Not too long back Mooney spent a whole afternnon pointing out the many, many, boring ways that he avoids just about any connection with 13 this or 13 that. Yet when the listener alludes to this he (Mooney) goes off on a typical BS tangent telling us he was "conditioned" to fear 13 by society. So he's not really afraid of 13 despite taking up national airtime lately telling us the opposite. And of course, so shirty as always

Anyway, still waiting for him to ask her about the White Witch Movements' position on Gay Marriage.

Maybe she'll tell him who the lucky man will be at his wedding! (My money's on Brek)

Triskaidekaphobia

syklops wrote: »
    Triskaidekaphobia
    Friggatriskaidekaphobia is fear of Friday the 13th :)

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    Friggatriskaidekaphobia is fear of Friday the 13th :)

You sure that's not a fear of Funny Fridays? :D

europa11 wrote: »
    You sure that's not a fear of Funny Fridays? :D

That would be scatophobia :)

Joe Duffy's death fetish must be getting contagious.

Mooney intros his show with sad news from Kerry that "a lot of people are upset" as the Grim reaper (not Joe) has made a visit and we mourn the passing of..................a barn owl. :rolleyes:

Jesus :eek: I'm off to Moncreiff for a bit of organised insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Owl dives into an oil drum and dies of oil ingestion. Mooney asks if there's going to be a post mortem. Yeah Derek, get Quincy on the case. :rolleyes:

quincy6.jpg

Just before switching I caught a bit of EannaNiOwlface's wildlife report...

Something about watching Ahern gobbling a Seagull or something :eek:

So that's what the little fecker is up to these days. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Richard went looking for birds with Derek.... He would have had a better return if he went taking photos of the Lough Ness monster.

Plenty of people *do* speak through their ars3s already....

Oh dear lord it's hard enough to listen to Richard at the best of times, but I don't think I can cope with him saying "farting" :(

Oh dear lord it's hard enough to listen to Richard at the best of times, but I don't think I can cope with him saying "farting" :(

I think this man advocating speaking through other orifices is preaching to the converted when talking to the Mooney panelists.

How in the name of Christ can he not know what a birdie is in the context of golf, even if he doesn't play. Does he go through life blithely ignoring anything and everything that isn't in his focus of interest - (which would appear to be tits and Jedward)?

I'm squirming here listening to Richard condescending waffle about kms being superior to miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened to today's show and the highlights were being made yawn by that American lad talking about yawning. Eanna being dismissive when she was corrected for pronouncing a name of a bird wrong. Richard ranting about km and miles which had nothing to do with the segment.
    And poor joanne cantwell being asked what "went birdie birdie,"meant by Derek and then when it was pointed out to him it was a golf term, the whispering was funny.

I'm squirming here listening to Richard condescending waffle about kms being superior to miles.

I thought he was trying to be tongue in cheek (and he failed utterly, it just came across as a nonsensical rant).

Did Mooney just tell a 10 year old to "get a life" ???? Jaysus! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Did Mooney just tell a 10 year old to "get a life" ???? Jaysus! :rolleyes:

Not surprised if he did. He's become a nasty vindictive bully over the past year or so, his ego running amok on the worst show in Ireland. Even starting to feel sorry for Brek here, the way he talks to her sometimes.

• Advertisement

yeah I have to agree with my old pal, Telekon.... He frequently starts the show with a self indulgent rant about whatever petty issue is irking him... The show has become more of a soap box for his opinions than it used to be... It's nearly as bad as liveline at this stage... :D

Brek has got her hands on a copy of Fifty Shades Of Grey? I'd say the husband is being afflicted with a lot of headaches lately.

I don't think this "colour consultant" is the sharpest knife in the drawer. I bet Derek turns on her soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Monney has an item on flying cars today.

I think it is just an excuse to play clips from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I'd love to hang around to hear the piece on cafés in Amsterdam, but I simply cannot listen to O'Donaghue.
    Her voice and accent go through me like a knife.

I think Derek got a rap on the knuckles for being so horrible yesterday!

"Is he or isn't he?" Derek says the headlines are filled with this question.

Imagine my disappointment to find out Derek was referring to speculation surrounding Rory McIllroy's nationality.

Suppose if it was about himself the defence mechanism would be at full throttle by now.....ah, maybe someday some bored sub-editor might field it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Lapin wrote: »

Poor analogy. She's more like a smelly fart in a crowded lift.

I think Derek got a rap on the knuckles for being so horrible yesterday!

What happened yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Monney has an item on flying cars today.

I think it is just an excuse to play clips from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I'd love to hang around to hear the piece on cafés in Amsterdam, but I simply cannot listen to O'Donaghue.
    Its the dropping of "g"s that boil my blood:mad:

EG; walkin' talkin' shoutin' etc etc.

..............but I simply cannot listen to O'Donaghue.

Oh Christ,

I've just heard she's going to Leonard Cohen tonight :eek:.

So am I.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0OiwKj_K9i6Gw0f6z40sGjKzDZM_6GBtoUzNon8GydmUWuhWHNg

I pray to the false Gods of fate and destiny to ensure
    we are seated on the opposite ends of Kilmainham. :(

• Advertisement

Wow! Wonder does Lennie know he's going to have to set the amps to the absolute max to drown out Brek.

Enjoy the show Lapin, he's a genius, was fortunate enough to catch one of his gigs a few years back. As for tonight....with any luck someone might spot the foghorn and muffle her. (hint!)

btw, did Mooney offer any opinion on Leonard Cohen? - or has he even heard of him? Suppose we'll find out when Brek reports back to base tomorrrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement