Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Had to tune out 10min is enough listening to that rubbish show in the name of god were do they get them from pure tat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The Queen is on?

Brek! Are you reading this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I'm sure Lennie is mightily upset that this Eurovision addict doesn't rate his music. As a fan of LC I can only say thank f**K I'll never run into the likes of Mooney at a Leonard Cohen gig.

Oh, listening now and Mooney off on the "gay agenda" yet again this time the official excuse is internet trolling. Derek has a 'friend' in to recount his experiences while Brek shoves her oar in whenever there's a pause for breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Derek doesn't troll - he vents his nastiness on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Speaking of internet trolling Hope Derek hasn't seen the tags at the bottom of this forum

The current guest 'a supposed expert' well his definition of trolling with respect to a Charlie Sheen false rumour is incorrect

Where do RTE find these muppets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Re: Masai Warrior Discussion

I'm waiting for text/call from Dr. Richard Collins, he's bound to know more about the Masai, than someone who married one :)

"....If I may interject Derek....."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I liked:

Mooney: 'if you can excuse my ingorance'
    Guest says straight away: 'yes'
    *pause*
    Mooney: 'when I ask the question...'

RTE is 90% terrible all the time, day in and day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

In his ramblings, Derek forgot to mention just how useful Facebook can be as a promotional tool for businesses and artists/musicians etc.

Most small businesses nowadays have a facebook page and no official website.

Oops sorry, I forgot...Derek is always right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's painful to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The show sounds like an infomercial any time that Derek is covering one of his pet subjects... "Brek, what do you think of gay dads".. "Well Derek, I think they're great, I would highly recommend them to everyone"... I am constantly awaiting Barry Scott to noisily voice his approval..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was that the alarm going off on Brek's fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Gay Dads" show on TV last night. Brek didn't watch it (sacking offence surely)

The defence mechanism is up, e-mail disagreeing with Mooney Agenda being read out.

Sounds like an interesting movie - is the kid a sleeper agent, I wonder?

Edit: I've heard more, defo some kind of scam going on.

Edit: Edit: - I guess the family killed the kid and made up a story to explain his disappearance? I have to see it now! Anyone catch the name?

Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imposter_%282012_film%29

europa11 wrote: »
    The defence mechanism is up, e-mail disagreeing with Mooney Agenda being read out.

To be honest I agree with that lad on pretty much everything he said.. not just the gay stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Yakuza wrote: »

Edit: Edit: - I guess the family killed the kid and made up a story to explain his disappearance? I have to see it now! Anyone catch the name?

http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/title/tt1966604
    sorry Yakuza, just saw at the end you found out the name. Sounds interesting must go myself if I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Thank you Sir. It seems Mooney has been talking about this movie for hours and not bothered his arse to mention the name of it. I wanted to turn the show off before he ruined it.
    Yakuza wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The story was dramatised in this very good movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1359553/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Mooney seems to spend his show talking about things he doesnt like...

Doesn't take criticism well either, adopts the "switch off if you dont like it" attitude

And I know he says he doesnt have an agenda but any time I've tuned in over the last while theres a gay issue being discussed.

I have 3 gay friends.
    (and one in the closet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

giftgrub wrote: »
    Mooney seems to spend his show talking about things he doesnt like...

Doesn't take criticism well either, adopts the "switch off if you dont like it" attitude

And I know he says he doesnt have an agenda but any time I've tuned in over the last while theres a gay issue being discussed.

I have 3 gay friends.
    (and one in the closet)

That may be true most of the time but today he went to the opposite extreme on a movie he saw and liked. So much so I think I'll go and see the movie! Next I'll be paying attention to Jedward :rolleyes:

Gonna be skin and hair flying in the studio in a minute.. Blá is starting to bully people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

can you imagine this nonsense in three generations timew with 8 last names or more ?

translation.

"now even respectable people cant get a job!"

:D

can you imagine this nonsense in three generations timew with 8 last names or more ?

My missus is Spanish, they don't change their name when getting married. Everyone in Spain has two surnames, your father's first surname and your mother's first surname, so our kids have my surname and her first one.

Eg José Gomez Sanz marries Maria Fernández Ruiz (I just made these names up), then the kids will be (say) David Gomez Fernández, Daniela Gomez Fernández etc.

It would appear to be a reasonable compromise between having stupidly long surnames and the woman not being able to pass her name onto her kids (but her grandkids won't have any trace of her name).

yeah but whats the odds the gobdaws here will cop to that ?

knowing our lot there'll be a load of :

fiacra moran mcginly hickey mcginty healy mcdonnagh murphy evans.

school role call would be a bleeding nightmare !

yeah but whats the odds the gobdaws here will cop to that ?

knowing our lot there'll be a load of :

fiacra moran mcginly hickey mcginty healy mcdonnagh murphy evans.

school role call would be a bleeding nightmare !

ROFL!

arghh !

precocious kid alert !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Anyone hear the Mooney show getting a mention on Saturday Live, BBC4 this morning?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

sudzs wrote: »
    Anyone hear the Mooney show getting a mention on Saturday Live, BBC4 this morning?? :D

Was it voted No.1 in a Top 5 of the world's worst radio shows?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement