Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@flugel -

We had a temporary glitch in our servers that should be all resolved by now.
    We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :\

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Viber wrote: »
    @flugel -

We had a temporary glitch in our servers that should be all resolved by now.
    We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :\

Cool, all seems to be back working so happy out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone else having a problem with a notifications not clearing after theyve been opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone else having a problem with a notifications not clearing after theyve been opened?

Does it clear if/when you've replied?
    Mine stays after I read it if I don't reply but you should be able to clear it from notifications by swiping it off to the right (well, on ICS/Resurrection Remix roms anyway).

Cossax wrote: »
    Does it clear if/when you've replied?
    Mine stays after I read it if I don't reply but you should be able to clear it from notifications by swiping it off to the right (well, on ICS/Resurrection Remix roms anyway).

I can clear it manually. Sometimes it goes automatically when I reply, sometimes it stays. Sometimes I get 2 for the 1 message O_o

• Advertisement

I can clear it manually. Sometimes it goes automatically when I reply, sometimes it stays. Sometimes I get 2 for the 1 message O_o

Hi,
    I apologize for my delayed response.

What phone exactly are you using? which version of OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Hi,

Yeh my notifications bead to be manually cleared too on HTC desire s 2.3.5

Hi,

HTC One X on 4.0.3
    I usually use custom roms but have checked on a stock build (1.29.401.11) with the same result

Thank you for the information.
    We'll look into this issue, and hopefully we'll include a fix in our upcoming new big version 2.2. We still don't have specific release dates, but we'll keep you posted.

We apologize for any temporary inconvenience :(

No worries. Was just making it a known issue. Not much of an inconvenience :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi Viber!

I'm also having a problem with my new HTC One X running on 4.0.3
    with software number 1.29.401.11

I use a Nokia BH-200 bluetooth handsfree earpiece but for some reason when I am on Viber calls it will not function!

I previously used a HTC Desire HD & it always worked flawlessly!

I've checked my Viber settings & the Bluetooth Handsfree option is enabled.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this from anyone as it's a real problem!!

Many thanks!:)

Hi @keredern -

Viber does support most Bluetooth/headset devices in general. However, some are not supported, due to the restrictions within the phone itself (sometimes certain iPhone/Android features or external devices do not function smoothly with 3rd-party applications). We have fixed Viber in our lastest versions so MOST of the BT/headset devices can work, but unfortunately some others are just not fully compatible yet, and we're continuously working to adapt the app to more and more BT and headset devices

For more info, please contact our support team at http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 and elaborate on the problem. They will take details from you, and this will hopefully help us solving the problem in future versions.

Are there known issues with restoring Viber from Titanium Backup?
    It's only a small issue really, Viber just picks up the wrong contacts (puts people who don't have Viber into the Viber contact list).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I have viber contacts that are not on viber (some don't even have smart phones) any idea what might cause this?

Are there known issues with restoring Viber from Titanium Backup?
    It's only a small issue really, Viber just picks up the wrong contacts (puts people who don't have Viber into the Viber contact list).

Yep. It confuses the database. Youre better off with a clean install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have viber contacts that are not on viber (some don't even have smart phones) any idea what might cause this?

You probably turned on display all contacts in options

@Cossax -
    Titanium backups have been reported to collide (or create certain problems) with Viber. However, are you sure that the problem you're describing is a result of your Titanium?

@colmtheperson -
    Thanks for the report. Just to make sure - are you 100% certain that those contacts are displayed as Viber users? Do they have the "Viber" badge appearing next to them, and the "Free Call" button inside their contact page?

Please contact me via Private Message and elaborate on this issue (specific examples would help investigate this issue thoroughly). Thank you in advance :)

@Cossax -
    Titanium backups have been reported to collide (or create certain problems) with Viber. However, are you sure that the problem you're describing is a result of your Titanium?

@colmtheperson -
    Thanks for the report. Just to make sure - are you 100% certain that those contacts are displayed as Viber users? Do they have the "Viber" badge appearing next to them, and the "Free Call" button inside their contact page?

Please contact me via Private Message and elaborate on this issue (specific examples would help investigate this issue thoroughly). Thank you in advance :)

I'd be fairly sure, it happens after I wipe user data, install a new rom and then use Titanium to restore my previous apps.

I'd be fairly sure, it happens after I wipe user data, install a new rom and then use Titanium to restore my previous apps.

If this problem occurs only when installing a Titanium backuped ROM, then unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

If you see this problem happening also when a "clean" ROM (that did not originate from a backup), please do let us know.

If this problem occurs only when installing a Titanium backuped ROM, then unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

If you see this problem happening also when a "clean" ROM (that did not originate from a backup), please do let us know.

Ah it's no biggie, was just wondering if ye knew a fix/it was a problem with Viber - it only takes a minute to delete Viber, get the app back and allow it fire up and scan contacts again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Any update on VoIP for the BlackBerry app. The messaging app works good, but how long until Voice calls will be available? Are we talking weeks months or a year?

jossul1179 wrote: »
    Any update on VoIP for the BlackBerry app. The messaging app works good, but how long until Voice calls will be available? Are we talking weeks months or a year?

Releasing the beta version with messaging only is only the first step. We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few to several months. We'll keep you posted with news.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

I think vodafone are blocking VIBER!

mine was working fine until today, when I noticed viber was not working, getting a blocked message..

uninstalled about 10 times and reinstalled, vibers activation message does not come to my phone, I click the button that says to click here if no message arrives, parts of the vodafone mobile on the appear on the viber website where I click the button for viber to ring me, when I click that the page errors out.

If I try the same using wifi I can get viber to call me with the code, I enter it and thats as far as i get, viber will not work..

why are vodafone blocking this? I have just signed up for a 24month contract..ill walk away from vodafone and let them go shi**te if this is what there at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Taking ages to send/ receive messages today on wireless connection and having no issues with other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

A+-Guru wrote: »
    I think vodafone are blocking VIBER!

mine was working fine until today, when I noticed viber was not working, getting a blocked message..

uninstalled about 10 times and reinstalled, vibers activation message does not come to my phone, I click the button that says to click here if no message arrives, parts of the vodafone mobile on the appear on the viber website where I click the button for viber to ring me, when I click that the page errors out.

If I try the same using wifi I can get viber to call me with the code, I enter it and thats as far as i get, viber will not work..

why are vodafone blocking this? I have just signed up for a 24month contract..ill walk away from vodafone and let them go shi**te if this is what there at

Vodafone are saying its a system issue with them and they are not intentionally blocking it, There is a thread on it over on the vodafone "talk to" forum. They said the same to me on the phone (although in the shop they told me they were blocking it lol) Mine has been intermittenly blocked for a few weeks now, It started working the day before yesterday though, havent had signal since to remains to be seen for me if they've fixed it. I did read somewhere the other day that up to 60% of smartphone users would switch network if their provider started blocking voip applications like Viber or skype. So maybe just maybe this would keep them on their toes. I know id move, having been with Vodafone since the Eircell days...

Notification Issues:

Everytime I either close the pop up message or even reply to the pop up message the message alert icon still remins on the notification bar.

Very annoying as after seeing or replying to a message if you look at your phone a minute later you think there's another message in

flugel wrote: »
    Notification Issues:

Everytime I either close the pop up message or even reply to the pop up message the message alert icon still remins on the notification bar.

Very annoying as after seeing or replying to a message if you look at your phone a minute later you think there's another message in

Hi,
    This is a known issue to us, and we're working to solve it these days.
    We hope to include a fix in our next big version.

Hi,
    This is a known issue to us, and we're working to solve it these days.
    We hope to include a fix in our next big version.

Cool, thanks for the reply

flugel wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the reply

Our pleasure, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

• Advertisement

Do you have public road map or similar?

Advertisement