Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Still no changing of the ringtone available?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Nice update! Thanks!

Although a bit disappointed none of my suggestions have been added, even the screwed up "Audio source" icon hasn't been fixed. Still cannot send any location in message like we can in LINE.

The default background for messages is also very "meh" preferred the old graphics TBH, buttons, bubbles, etc...
    CyberGhost wrote: »
    Hey, is anybody else's on call graphics messed up in Viber?

jolLU.png

"audio source" is misaligned and "switch to GSM" and it's icon look weird.

Looks Android-ish.
    How about letting Viber open map links into third party GPS applications, like TomTom, Sygic, NAVIGON, etc... ?

That way when somebody sends you a location, besides opening in iOS Maps, you can open it directly in the third party GPS app you want.

There are lots of that are starting to do that, there is a "Where To?" app in the app store for example and it lets you do exactly that... here's what it looks like.

Opening a location in third party apps...
    BTtww.png

This is what Viber currently looks like...
    3LKTz.png

So if you added, TomTom, Sygic, NAVIGON, MotionX, Navfree, etc... would be really helpful and convenient.
    I wish Viber had a better method for recognising other Viber users other than having to add them to your address book to find out. iMessage in this regard is better cause you can just enter somebody's phone number and if they've got iMessage on, then the buttons will change from green to blue, in Viber you can't even start a message unless you have that person in the address book or the recent calls log.
    CyberGhost wrote:
    - Images received get auto saved to library, not sure whether this is a good thing or bad, IMO would've preferred if they were not auto saved and there was an option instead to "Save to Library" in the "Send by Email", "Share on Facebook", etc... menu. But this might be done to save space on the server and keep pictures locally, I guess? Peer-to-Peer instead of the cloud.

- Also images seem to be sent in lower resolution and there is no pinch zooming images when you view them in Viber.

- Would've been nice if we could share not only our location but any location and address, much like with sending pictures... should be embedded into that menu. Maybe I want to send a person the location of the shop I was in yesterday.

- Video calls.

- Call recording.

- Cheap/competitive VoIP calls to mobiles/landlines service, with top ups, balance check, call history, etc... This would be great, forfone does it, I hope Viber will too cause, I'd love to use one application for all VoIP stuff.

- Audio notes in messages would be great, if a person is not picking up, send an audio clip like in WhatsApp.

- PC Application(and don't make it look like an iPhone like Tango did, it looks stupid! Use the native Windows UI).

I'd also like to add that sending images with EXIF data preserved and the receiver having an ability to open the geo location from those images in the maps would be great. Quickly snap a picture, send it, the receiver can find you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The new version is a lot more blurry on my phone so I'm gonna revert to the previous version... Looks alright on the iPod Touch though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

All,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments on our new version - they are important to us, and we are already working on accumulating user responses for our upcoming updates.

Regarding Viber's support for Jelly Bean:

Viber 2.2 does not support Jelly Bean yet. Don't worry, this is our top priority at the moment, and we are presently working hard on this issue and hope to have it resolved for you shortly. We ask our fans for a bit more patience, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

@CyberGhost -
    Some of your suggestions are actually already in the works. We are continuously working to improve and add new features, even if they are not all released in the one huge update. Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback, and please check out the link at the bottom of this message.

@Ush1 -
    This feature is the works, but was not completed in time to add to Viber 2.2. Stay tuned for news and updates!

* A general note - should you encounter problems with the new version, please be sure to use this direct link to report it to our Support Team. With your help, we will be able to release speedy updates addressing the errors you found :) Here's the link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Cheers,
    the Viber Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

That's great Viber, thanks!

I like the new option that lets us set the photos for icons.

And oh yea, would be nice if we could change the background for text messages for all contacts at once, maybe in the main settings? Instead of having to go one by one and changing it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Quite pleased that Viber no longer turns the screen on when a message arrives, makes BLN more useful.

Would like an option to turn off the sounds when sending messages (particularly annoying due to the bug - I think AOKP but may be more widespread, dunno what the root cause is!- which lowers music volume after a notification). Choosing your own notification tone would be nice too.

Other than that, all looking good at this end.

@CyberGhost -
    Thanks, I'll pass on the request.

@Cossax -
    This may indeed be a problem caused due to your phone having AOKP installed. Please note that Viber does not offiicially support Custom ROMs, and that may be the source of the problem.
    We're planning to add the option to customize the sounds for calls and messages in the future. Stay tuned for news and updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just to say viber my Sammy GS3 crashes when I try to change/add pics to conversations background.
    Reported via email twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Viber working perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus now. Well done Viber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Viber working perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus now. Well done Viber :)

Yup me too, cheers Viber!

• Advertisement

ok after last update all is good and can change backgrounds without errors.

Happy happy Joy joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thanks for the timely Jelly Bean update Viber

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Any news on when it will be compatible with the Nexus 7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

with the new update there seems to be no way to change any tone settings

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Does anyone have the 2.2.1 apk?
    My OneX is on Cm10 but thats not listed as being compatible & the apk download from Vibers site is still on 2.2.0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Does anyone have the 2.2.1 apk?
    My OneX is on Cm10 but thats not listed as being compatible & the apk download from Vibers site is still on 2.2.0 :(

I googled it and found it that way, took about 5 minutes to find! If you can't find it then pm me your email and I'll forward the apk file to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busterm

I'm in New Zealand. My phone number begins with a 0204. I select the country code +64. The phone gets registered without the 0 as 204.

I've uninstalled and tried a few times.

Android phone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

busterm wrote: »
    I'm in New Zealand. My phone number begins with a 0204. I select the country code +64. The phone gets registered without the 0 as 204.

I've uninstalled and tried a few times.

Android phone.

Thanks

If 0204 is your area code, then Viber is correct to drop the zero.

For example my number would be +35386XXXXXXX which translates as 086 XXXXXXX

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

0204 is the area code

I tried entering it as +64 204 but still no luck with activation

busterm wrote: »
    Thanks!

0204 is the area code

I tried entering it as +64 204 but still no luck with activation

Hi,
    I apologize for my late response.

Does the problem still persist?

• Advertisement

just want to ad:

Viber is starting to crash a lot for no reason, about 5 times a day now. Also when it does crash it sometimes suggests sending a log email but then google responds with 'the email address does not exist'

No updates in firmware, using Galaxy s3 stock Three rom ICS (What came with it) was working fine up to last week

Yes. I opened a support ticket and was told my number is registered. Have still never received the Activation so I'm giving up, but thanks.

I found I can use Gmail Talk app on my phone to communicate by text chat and audio or video chat with my friends and family in the states without issues.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

god's toy wrote: »
    just want to ad:

Viber is starting to crash a lot for no reason, about 5 times a day now. Also when it does crash it sometimes suggests sending a log email but then google responds with 'the email address does not exist'

No updates in firmware, using Galaxy s3 stock Three rom ICS (What came with it) was working fine up to last week

Happening to me too on Galaxy S2 stock o2 ICS

Me too on stock Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean.

I've sent a load of crash reports.

just to say the update from yesterday has sorted the crashing.

me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anytime I try to email a crash report it always bounces back guys!!??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I've started a lot of connectivity problems after this latest update (Galaxy S3 with I9300XXBLG8 firmware)
    I have Viber set to NOT running by default (I want it off until I require it, because it sucks battery life).
    With the latest update, every time I receive an SMS or an email, Viber starts automatically. Going into settings and exiting does not help.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

Hi all. I had Viber on my Galaxy mini and it worked reasonably well. I've now upgraded to the Galaxy Ace Plus and it says that my 'device isn't compatible with this version'.

Is there a different version I should be using and if so what?

Cheers, I really miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Hey ,
    Got the update for Viber yesterday, it was crashing 3 or 4times a day without any input. Now it has required me to force close twice since last night and 90% of my contacts seem to be gone.. I'm on a desire s with android 2.3.5, any ideas?

• Advertisement

I have latest Viber on my stock Jellybean Galaxy nexus. Still mad crashing and saying it has stopped.

Advertisement