Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

When are we going to have Viber up and running as serious competition to the Mobile Companies .I CAN'T wait !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@Cossax -
    Unfortunately nothing official, not yet.
    Meanwhile, we offer the possibility to enter our official HelpDesk (http://helpme.viber.com) where all of the relevant information - also about future plans - can be found. Naturally, some plans are outlined there in a more general tone, since in the technological world it is sometimes hard to foresee obstacles that delay projects and ETAs.

@paddyandy -
    What exactly do you mean? Viber already provides a free calling & messaging service ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecaja

Hi,
    I can't see Viber on market, the phone is Samsung Galaxy Ace + 7500, country Croatia ??

Thanks in advance for your help

mecaja wrote: »
    Hi,
    I can't see Viber on market, the phone is Samsung Galaxy Ace + 7500, country Croatia ??

Thanks in advance for your help

This is a known issue for some users.
    We invite you to try and download the .APK file directly from our official HelpDesk at: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecaja

Viber wrote: »
    This is a known issue for some users.
    We invite you to try and download the .APK file directly from our official HelpDesk at: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw

That solved the problem, thank you !

• Advertisement

mecaja wrote: »
    That solved the problem, thank you !

Our pleasure to help :)
    Should you have any other questions/problems in the future, please don't hesitate to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rollout

I have a similar problem as above with my Galaxy Ace Plus but when I tried your advice and other steps on the viber site it still won't work.

I get an error message on the phone saying "There is a problem parsing the package"

Can anything be done?

rollout wrote: »
    I have a similar problem as above with my Galaxy Ace Plus but when I tried your advice and other steps on the viber site it still won't work.

I get an error message on the phone saying "There is a problem parsing the package"

Can anything be done?

Hi,
    Please note that Viber does not officially support Ace Plus, as seen in the list of officially supported devices in our HelpDesk: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw

However, it should still overall function. Pleas specify which version of Android you're running, and whether or not you're using a Custom ROM.
    Also, have you tried contacting Android support forums? This error message may not be related to Viber specifically, but to Android itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I am currently considering upgrading my phone from the wildfire to the desire c

Can anybody here (viber or boardsie) tell me if viber will function on the desire c? I'm aware of the limitations on the wildfire and just wondering will I have the same problems if I get the desire c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I only noticed yesterday that if I try and share something, viber is missing the big list of apps and options to share with. I went to share an app from the share option in the market. It had all the usuals (whats app, message, email, yahoo mail etc) but viber was missing. Is that normal? I've a galaxy s 2 with ICS, unrooted.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I only noticed yesterday that if I try and share something, viber is missing the big list of apps and options to share with. I went to share an app from the share option in the market. It had all the usuals (whats app, message, email, yahoo mail etc) but viber was missing. Is that normal? I've a galaxy s 2 with ICS, unrooted.

I just checked on my Galaxy Nexus with stock and checked the sharing options on a picture. Viber is on the list for me.

Edit: Sorry, read your post properly just there, and Viber not on the list of app share options for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Yeah, just noticed it for apps. The share option through the market doesn't work, tried a built in share option through an app and it didn't work either.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Normal for me HTC Wildfire stock 2.2

Edit: Meaning I also can't find the share option lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Two of my friends joined viber and I got the notification that they are now on viber.

When I click free call, it says that this person is not available to call on viber but you can call them normally. One person has a windows phone of some sort and the other a blackberry.

Is viber still sorting out the kinks when it comes to some phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Two of my friends joined viber and I got the notification that they are now on viber.

When I click free call, it says that this person is not available to call on viber but you can call them normally. One person has a windows phone of some sort and the other a blackberry.

Is viber still sorting out the kinks when it comes to some phones?

Viber on WP and Blackberry only have messaging ability currently.

Viber,
    Is there any way of saving messages and reloading them when changing rom/wiping data? Only current way is Titanium Backup but as there are previously discussed issues with that I'd rather not use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Are there any updates for Viber on Blackberry? The app has been out for a couple months now with messaging only. Most blackberry users use BBM so with the VOIP feature this app is almost useless.

jossul1179 wrote: »
    Most blackberry users use BBM so with the VOIP feature this app is almost useless.

What about messaging people who have android/windows/apple phones

How does BBM work that?

Try to remember viber is CROSS-PLATFORM and therefore has many benefits over BBM or iMessenger... The delay is likely due to some of the less powerful blackberry devices (Curve 9300 for example) having limitations on processor-heavy VOIP applications

Hi,

colmtheperson's was pretty accurate - we are working these days on implementing our calling service in all of the supported devices and OS versions of Blackberry, and unfortunately this takes some time.

We apologize for the delay, and we promise to fill you in once we have news.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi Viber,

Regarding custom roms will you be adding support for CM9 soon? You said over on the cm forums that cm is one custom rom you guys support

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Hi Viber,

Regarding custom roms will you be adding support for CM9 soon? You said over on the cm forums that cm is one custom rom you guys support

Nick

As a whole, Custom ROMs are not supported officially by Viber. We partly support some Custom ROMs, and CM is among them.
    However, specifically CM9 alters the phone's microphone settings, thus not allowing Viber to detect the microphone properly (and this causes one-sided audio issues).

This issue was discussed thoroughly on XDA Forums, and even a user-based workaround was suggested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25865775#post25865775

Please understand that adapting ourselves to all Custom ROMs out there is not an easy task. We plan to attend to CM9 in the future, but unfortunately we still don't know exactly when that will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I got Jelly Bean today, and I see Viber isn't working with it, is this going to be like ICS again with months of waiting?

Nolimits wrote: »
    I got Jelly Bean today, and I see Viber isn't working with it, is this going to be like ICS again with months of waiting?

Our upcoming version 2.2 (released hopefully within the next week or two) should be compatible with Jelly Bean. So - it won't take nearly as much time as ICS took, simply because the change between ICS and JB is not as dramatic as it was between Android 2.x and ICS ;)

We'd love to get your feedback after installing Viber 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Hi Viber great app most people in my contacts have it now but I have a problem I must have hit use viber as default and when I go to call a number it doesnt switch to gsm,
    I cant get it that viber will not be the default will I hve to uninstall and reinstall again ? I tried returning to factory settings but no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Hi Viber great app most people in my contacts have it now but I have a problem I must have hit use viber as default and when I go to call a number it doesnt switch to gsm,
    I cant get it that viber will not be the default will I hve to uninstall and reinstall again ? I tried returning to factory settings but no joy :(

Should be able to go into settings>apps, select viber and then you'll see clear defaults.

should stop it being default.

As explained above, the setting of Viber as a default dialer is actually an option provided to you by your phone (Android) and not Viber itself.

Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that the long anticipated Viber 2.2 has just been released, and available for download!
    Our new version contains many new features, improvements and bug fixes, the highlights of which are:

- Group Messaging
    - Personal photos can now be added to your Contacts
    - Time stamps for each and every message on your text conversations
    - Custom backgrounds can now be assigned to your text conversation screen
    - See when your friends joined Viber inside Viber's contact list.

And many more cool new featuers and enhancements :)
    As always, we would love to receive feedback from you regarding the new version - your thoughts, problems you might have encountered, etc.

Regards,
    the Viber Team

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is there a full changelog we can dig through anyhere while waiting for the market refresh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Does it work with Jelly Bean yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Will the BlackBerry version be updated today too?
    Or is it just for Android and iOS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Nolimits wrote: »
    Does it work with Jelly Bean yet?

Doesn't work on my Galaxy Nexus yet anyway.

Advertisement