Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options
1828384858688»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jackobyte wrote: »
    If I add them to my download list, I can just take them down slowly over the next couple of months. (Damn you Meteor 10gig limit!) Or I could see if any of my friends are accommodating enough to allow me to piggyback off them for a bit. :P

yes, you just download and then cancel it so now the game will be on you accounts list of downloaded content on the psn store to be gotten at you leisure. Infamous for one is 6.88 GB, you'd be better off getting it downloaded at a friends over their internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Varik wrote: »
    yes, you just download and then cancel it so now the game will be on you accounts list of downloaded content on the psn store to be gotten at you leisure. Infamous for one is 6.88 GB, you'd be better off getting it downloaded at a friends over their internet connection.
    Thanks for the reply. I just wanted that cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

anyone having trouble connecting to any games online ,any time i play gran turismo it stays on the logo screen for ages and then an error box appears saying cannot connect to server .but i was able to get online with resistance 2 .and i can sign in to psn ok aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Can these games only be activated n one account?I have downloaded all of the games except LBP and my friend downloaded that.Is it possible for me to log in as him and download it onto my system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chavways wrote: »
    Can these games only be activated n one account?I have downloaded all of the games except LBP and my friend downloaded that.Is it possible for me to log in as him and download it onto my system?

That would be considered game sharing and is illegal. Even if it is a free game...

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    That would be considered game sharing and is illegal. Even if it is a free game...

Where does it say its illegal? But it is possible?

Is it though? Whatever if they put it on a memory stick (hypothetically) and then put it on the second system because then they would be reproducing copyright material but since it is gotten from a legitimate source each time (not reproducing it) and the publishers aren't losing out on profits, I'm not so sure.

EDIT: What he said↓

Where does it say its illegal? But it is possible?

It's illegal as its in violation of the terms of service. If you or your friend compromise your account/s and Sony find out, both of your systems can and would be banned from accessing PSN. Note that I said ban your system and not ban your account.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is it though? Whatever if they put it on a memory stick (hypothetically) and then put it on the second system because then they would be reproducing copyright material but since it is gotten from a legitimate source each time (not reproducing it) and the publishers aren't losing out on profits, I'm not so sure.

As above, it is in violation of the terms of service you agree to, therefore, illegal. If you're found out, your system would be banned from accessing any online services so you'd have to fork out for another PS3. And as far as I know, you cannot copy games onto a memory stick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

As has already been pointed out, game sharing is illegal.
    Discussion on this forum will lead to warnings/bans.

• Advertisement

As above, it is in violation of the terms of service you agree to, therefore, illegal. If you're found out, your system would be banned from accessing any online services so you'd have to fork out for another PS3. And as far as I know, you cannot copy games onto a memory stick.
    The memory card was only hypothetical. I don't think you can either. Breaking the Terms of Service is like breaking a contract. They can sue for losses but you won't go to gaol or do community service or whatever. (may be utterly incorrect but I'm pretty sure I read that in reference to CFW on the PS3.)

Sorry mods.

Well then theres that idea out the window.

So what do you call it when you download DLC for a game and u give it to 4 of your friends?Is that considered game sharing aswell?Sorry if I'm bending the rules I'm just curious.

Well then theres that idea out the window.

So what do you call it when you download DLC for a game and u give it to 4 of your friends?Is that considered game sharing aswell?Sorry if I'm bending the rules I'm just curious.

Of course it's game sharing.
    That's four sales of dlc that the company don't get their money for.

EDIT: On top of that, if your PS3 died, you would be unable to access your content as you used up your 5 downloads.
    Try explaining to Sony that you gave your details to friends to access that content...

F1ngers wrote: »
    Of course it's game sharing.
    That's four sales of dlc that the company don't get their money for.

So why do they even allow the feature if they know people are going to take advantage of it?

So why do they even allow the feature if they know people are going to take advantage of it?

They realise that PS3s break and people will want to access their paid for content - I edited my previous post to explin this.

F1ngers wrote: »
    They realise that PS3s break and people will want to access their paid for content - I edited my previous post to explin this.

Sorry,didnt see that.Thanks for clearing that up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I better get my skates on and start downloading my 2 free games :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I still haven't figured out a way to reset my password. Whenever I try it, an email is sent to my account... but it's not my real email address, so I can't access it.

The link on the Playstation website for forgetting your password does not work.

Help?

Desire. wrote: »
    I still haven't figured out a way to reset my password. Whenever I try it, an email is sent to my account... but it's not my real email address, so I can't access it.

Help?

In that case, and if it doesn't let you do it on the system itself then you'll have to call the helpline

0818 365065

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Desire. wrote: »

Help?
    Just a thought but could you not create that email address if its available.Had a similar problem where i put in a typo so what i did was create an email address with the typo in it,it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

ben101 wrote: »
    Just a thought but could you not create that email address if its available.Had a similar problem where i put in a typo so what i did was create an email address with the typo in it,it worked.

It's not available. It doesn't matter. I've just created a new account.

Advertisement