Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

mdwexford wrote: »
    I dont care what they want.

Obviously and they should have been prepared for it.

Brilliant attitude there :rolleyes:

Jaysus, just wait until they announce the store is back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tallon wrote: »
    Brilliant attitude there :rolleyes:

Jaysus, just wait until they announce the store is back

Yeah i should have a good attitude after all this hassle, lmao.

The store being back means sfa to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

I logged in, but no mention of welcome back promotion? I looked up infamous to see if I could download that, but it's charging the full price. Where do I go to when I log on? Just to be clear, I signed up to PSN well before the crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Well at least I can finally download Final Fantasy 6 after 6 weeks of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I logged in, but no mention of welcome back promotion? I looked up infamous to see if I could download that, but it's charging the full price. Where do I go to when I log on? Just to be clear, I signed up to PSN well before the crash.

You need to wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Krustacean

I tried to add €10 to my PS account and it waited 30 secs .. then said error.

I tried again .. and again .. and again .. It kept saying "An Error has occurred".

Then I get a message €40 added to my PS wallet.

Buggers ... £$(£($&*(&*"£!!! And no refund possible without a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

kensutz wrote: »
    You need to wait!

But my torch is fading and my pitchfork holding arm is getting tired from all this waiting. :mad:

Earlier today we told you the PlayStation Store was finally back online. Unfortunately the Welcome Back Package was not yet available for gamers to gain access to the free downloads promised to users. Now we have news of Sony updating users and saying the PSN Welcome Back Package will be available ‘very soon’, with more added.

The EU PlayStation Blog has tweeted the news that the Welcome Back Package is in final testing and will ‘be available to download very soon’. Meanwhile over at PlayStation Blog forums it has been announced that there will be some added bonuses for PlayStation Plus members.

It says as the PlayStation Store was back later than Sony wanted they will add an extra ten days to the free time already promised. This will now mean the current Plus members will get a total of 70 days free added to their accounts, users will not need to do anything to get the free time as it will be automatically added to the accounts.

Source here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can so see me ending up staying as a PS+ member after all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Krustacean wrote: »
    Then I get a message €40 added to my PS wallet.

At least you didn't buy something you didn't mean to, they'll probably be something you'd want from PSN in the future.

As long as you get on to the store you can just ignore any repeating errors, it only matters if you get it will trying to get on to the store.

Had 27 days left on Plus so now have an extra 70 which will hold be out before i need anymore time.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    At least you didn't buy something you didn't mean to, they'll probably be something you'd want from PSN in the future.

As long as you get on to the store you can just ignore any repeating errors, it only matters if you get it will trying to get on to the store.

Had 27 days left on Plus so now have an extra 70 which will hold be out before i need anymore time.

That's not the point. Imagine if you needed that extra money for something important like a direct debit bill the next day or something.

Anyway, I got the same error messages so I guess I'm going to have thirty Euro instead of ten on my account too.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lucasw

so join playstaion + for free, download burnout paridise and magic for free. Will you lose these games once your free trial runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

You will lose access to them, yes. If you subsequently subscribe then you will get access to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,904 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

when does one join psn+ for free?

Yep:

SONY ONLINE SERVICES INTERNET GB

€9.93
    €-9.93

€1.00
    €-1.00

€1.00
    €-1.00

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/
    The PlayStation Store is back online and thank you everyone for your patience. You will notice a huge lineup of new downloadable games, demos, add-on content, themes, avatars and videos. Also, PlayStation Plus has been updated with new full game trials, free games and DLC, free avatars and even more discounts.

You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when.

The next PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus update will be this Friday, June 3, and then we will roll right into some special publishes starting next week for E3 (so be sure to check back daily!).

In the meantime, check out all the new downloadable content on PlayStation Store.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Yep:

€9.93
    €-9.93

€1.00
    €-1.00

€1.00
    €-1.00

Just checked and my wallets still empty.:mad: Sh1t loads of lag too. I'm not touching the store until it's working properly.

avgn-banner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Varik wrote: »

Quick question. Where do I go to check how long I have left on my Plus subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I just tried to add funds to my wallet, i got an error code but went to check my bank balance and i got charged a euro :confused::confused::confused:

Was that all about?

Given the amount of timeouts etc I reckon it's safer to hold off adding any money to your account until the servers ease up on traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Quick question. Where do I go to check how long I have left on my Plus subscription?
    It's under Account Management on the XMB. then Transaction Management, Services List, click on PS+. It'll tell you when it expires.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    It's under Account Management on the XMB. then Transaction Management, Services List, click on PS+. It'll tell you when it expires.

It also tells you on the actual games if you scroll down the details.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I just tried to add funds to my wallet, i got an error code but went to check my bank balance and i got charged a euro :confused::confused::confused:

Was that all about?

Same here. Only I tried to add funds five times and was charged a Euro each time but didn't receive the funds. Sony owes me a fiver.

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Does anyone know how long I would get ps+ for if I was to join it right now (14.99 for 90 days)? Would they just add on 30 days plus the 90 I'd paid for or would I get an extra 70 days free??
    Joining for awhile seems to be the best way to get value out of the free ps+ membership, 30 days is pretty much useless as you lose all the content then.

Also when will you be able to activate the free ps+ membership, same time as you download the free games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

rickyjb wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long I would get ps+ for if I was to join it right now (14.99 for 90 days)? Would they just add on 30 days plus the 90 I'd paid for or would I get an extra 70 days free??
    Joining for awhile seems to be the best way to get value out of the free ps+ membership, 30 days is pretty much useless as you lose all the content then.

Also when will you be able to activate the free ps+ membership, same time as you download the free games?

How would you get an extra 70 days may i ask? :eek:

The 70 days is only for Plus members who had subscriptions before PSN went down(set as 21 of April), you get the 30 days and any time you pay for.

Depends on how Sony do it, if it's a code we are emailed and need to enter, a activating PSN download or some a automatic system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You lose the PS+ stuff after 90 days too - unless you continue with your subscription.

How would you get an extra 70 days may i ask? :eek:
    Anyone who had an existing ps+ membership gets 60 + 10 extra days don't they??

In hindsight it would be a bit much to expect this for joining now but sony aren't exactly on the ball at the moment when it comes to their online services, you never know...

Speaking of which the store is down again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You lose the PS+ stuff after 90 days too - unless you continue with your subscription.

Yes but 120 days would at least allow me to get some value out of the free stuff. It probably is a bit stupid buying 90 days to get value out a free 30 days but it's not that dear. It's a genius marketing ploy out of sony when you think about it, I bet loads of people join ps+ on the strength of the free 30 days, it's essentially a trial.

Advertisement