Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

As part of the welcome back package does in include free psn+ for a while or is it just games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Headshot wrote: »
    As part of the welcome back package does in include free psn+ for a while or is it just games?

Yes you get it free for 30 days if you weren't a member or an extra 70 days free if you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rickyjb wrote: »
    Yes you get it free for 30 days if you weren't a member or an extra 70 days free if you were.

Thanks, it will come in handy when uncharted3 mp beta comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

The PS shop seems to be all over the place, but I managed to download some add-ons for Shift 2 today pretty easily.

Great they were too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I tried accessing the store through L.A. Noire and it froze and locked up the system. Anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/sony-pictures-hacked-by-lulz-security-1-000-000-passwords-claim/

WOW I know sony pictures is unrelated to the PS3 outage but it just shows you how much sony care about your personal information.

"stolen the personal information of over 1,000,000 users -- all stored (disgracefully) in plain text format"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I got my PS Plus stuff last night, including Burnout Paradise, Pain, James Pond and Streets of Rage (and the minis but I never really pay attention to them)

I must have gotten on when everyone was getting pissed off because all that (around 7GB) downloaded in less than half an hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Can't see anything in playstation store about our free stuff.

RedXIV wrote: »
    I must have gotten on when everyone was getting pissed off because all that (around 7GB) downloaded in less than half an hour :D
    :eek::eek:

That's some internet connection you have there, what speed is it?

:eek::eek:

That's some internet connection you have there, what speed is it?

UPC 30MB

can be tempermental sometimes with the PS3 though, took over an hour to download a 52MB update once so I call this karma :)

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    UPC 30MB

can be tempermental sometimes with the PS3 though, took over an hour to download a 52MB update once so I call this karma :)

You're doing well on a 30MB connection to get 7gb in a half an hour, that's more like 50MB (5 megabytes/sec).

I know what you mean about the ps3, I usually only get half the speed I get downloading something using my laptop.

You're doing well on a 30MB connection to get 7gb in a half an hour, that's more like 50MB (5 megabytes/sec).

I know what you mean about the ps3, I usually only get half the speed I get downloading something using my laptop.

might do a speedtest when I get home, assumed I'm on 30, could be on more?

yeah 90% of the time when I'm downloading it takes an age, thats why I was so suprised when I thought everyone would be on last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

They're not available yet but according to Sony E.U. they will be available "very soon". There's a PSN store update due today so I'm hoping they will be available later today. Anyone know when the store tends to update on Fridays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Guys how do i get my PS+ stuff ??

usually between 4 and 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not too fussed about the free games right now, but I wouldn't mind throwing myself into the PS+ stuff over the long weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Will the PS+ membership kick in when the games become available to download?

Guys how do i get my PS+ stuff ??

were you a PS+ member before the outage? I was and thats why I had access to the Plus section, as far as I know, the complimentary plus membership hasn't kicked in yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Trying to reset my password after all this but the link I get in the email brings me to a web page that says the site is under maintenance....:mad:
    Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Not again :rolleyes:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Technology/Sony-Security-Breached-As-Hackers-Gain-Database-Details-Of-Another-One-Million-Customers/Article/201106116004801?lpos=Technology_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_16004801_Sony%3A_Security_Breached_As_Hackers_Gain_Database_Details_Of_Another_One_Million_Customers
    Hackers Target 'One Million Sony Customers'

10:30am UK, Friday June 03, 2011
    Sony has once again been targeted by a group of hackers who claim they gained access to details of one million customers.

482.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lads, follow https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

He's been saying for days that he has been hacking them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Never wanted to punch someone so much in my life.... blah blah internet bravado.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I finally got logged on to the store this morning. I couldn't make head nor tail of it. No offer of any games as far as I could see. Its June now and I wanted to know did I miss the free month welcome back programme or they haven't figured it out yet.

I see that Sony was hacked again with 1 million credit cards stolen.. terrible !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Hey innocent people whose data we leaked: blame @Sony | RE: @joelsack

Yeah it's Sony's fault that you hacked them and caused hassle for millions of people. What a complete clownbox. He deserves to fall asleep on the blades of a helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I finally got logged on to the store this morning. I couldn't make head nor tail of it. No offer of any games as far as I could see. Its June now and I wanted to know did I miss the free month welcome back programme or they haven't figured it out yet.

I see that Sony was hacked again with 1 million credit cards stolen.. terrible !!

youve missed nothing the welcome back pack is not live yet, read the playstation blog it will be live soon, COULD be live after maintenance today but doubt it

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Tallon wrote: »
    Lads, follow https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

He's been saying for days that he has been hacking them

They should find out where he's tweeting from and, and.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

aindriu80 wrote: »

No, that is not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

So the PSN is back up now after six weeks and these are the issues I am still having (outside of being pissed that SONY lost my details and that the free games are either s**t or ones I already have):

1. Play TV stalling constantly (apparently SONY are aware of this and will release a patch some time in the next 2000 years to fix it)
    2. 4OD not working in the PS3 browser; click on play and it just goes to a black screen
    3. General glitchy/stalling Playstation Store
    Is this what everyone else is getting or is there something extra up with my PS3?

Luckily my PS3 and all its ephemera didn't cost me hundreds of Euros...oh wait it did...note to self: murder all SONY management and also hackers who apparently have no dicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

MASSSSSIVE thread on it with all the details...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056229593

Yes, some of the stuff is not back up and running yet

And some hackers do have a penis! The rest are girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

Yeah I know there's another thread, but when threads get too big...they're too big. A new succinct summary thread would be nice.

Advertisement