Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Multiple accounts work?

:)

Echochrome sounds nice about now...

They do. :D

Any opinions on the Japanese PS3 games;

The Last Guy
    Loco Roco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho!
    Echochrome
    Wipeout HD
    Hustler King

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

How long should the download for the upgrade take for 3.61, I had it on for around 20 mins and it was around 3% completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    How long should the download for the upgrade take for 3.61, I had it on for around 20 mins and it was around 3% completed?

3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Download on PC and then install it by USB stick, it'll be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Download on PC and then install it by USB stick, it'll be quicker

Were would I go about to do that, would it be on the official playstation site? I don't really use the playstation but just want to avail of the free games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Were would I go about to do that, would it be on the official playstation site? I don't really use the playstation but just want to avail of the free games.
    http://ie.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item370918/Update-features-%28ver-3-61%29/

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3-361/

Create folders: PS3->UPDATE->(put the update file in here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

seriously doubt it mate. correct me if i am wrong. I would say its all the traffic tbh, coming up error message trying to get in to store, seems online play is not affected.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0603/sony.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Does anyone know what could cause an error "80010038" when installing LBP, it's making a new folder were it should be installed called "Unknown" and in it there's a file saying "corrupted data".

I tried installing when I was signed in, then signed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what could cause an error "80010038" when installing LBP, it's making a new folder were it should be installed called "Unknown" and in it there's a file saying "corrupted data".

I tried installing when I was signed in, then signed out.
    Redownload again. Corrupt download, it seems.
    PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com
    bookmark that link. it quite useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

Can I change my location on an existing account so as to appear to be living in America and get Super Stardust HD? I don't want any of the free games available in the EU but it's only pre-existing accounts that can get free games and my two accounts are Ireland and the UK.

Redownload again. Corrupt download, it seems.
    PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com
    bookmark that link. it quite useful.

Ah dammit. I'll re-download it tomorrow.

Thanks for the link, dead handy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can I change my location on an existing account so as to appear to be living in America and get Super Stardust HD? I don't want any of the free games available in the EU but it's only pre-existing accounts that can get free games and my two accounts are Ireland and the UK.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I just spent over an hour playing Babel. Forget your LBP and Infamous, Minis are where the real gold is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Playstation hacked again lads!
    Patsy fyre wrote: »

Did you even read that story? Or just the first line and then made up the rest of the story in your head?

It's nothing to do with PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

leemurta wrote: »
    I went into the store I kept getting an error but got in eventually, I got the package but didn't choose the games yet now it keeps popping up error and I can't get them:mad:

and again no ones reading the fixes to problems, if you crap out of the store yes you will see nothing in the welcome back bit unless and this is the third time posting this you actually do this

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I can't sign into my Irish account on my PSP for some reason, it keeps saying "you cannot sign in using another user's account id (email address)". I signed out of my other account and still no joy. I never had this problem before, can't figure it out. :confused:
    Edit: never mind, I figured it out. just needed to delete the other account first. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Got free playstation plus but having trouble downloading free games,maybe they are just overloaded at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ben101 wrote: »
    Got free playstation plus but having trouble downloading free games,maybe they are just overloaded at the moment?
    I was having issues earlier but managed to download Streets of Rage 2 after a few attempts. I magine the PSN is getting hammered atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Need to change password on Japanese account but the link the email provides is down for maintenance, how long has that been down.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I was having issues earlier but managed to download Streets of Rage 2 after a few attempts. I magine the PSN is getting hammered atm.

Downloaded Streets of Rage 2 - 32MB
    James Pond - 64 MB
    inFamous - 7056 MB, inFamous is a monster of a download, took 1 hr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Varik wrote: »
    Need to change password on Japanese account but the link the email provides is down for maintenance, how long has that been down.

Worked for me the other day without email - although I'm using the PS3 it was set up with.

Lucky, because the email may or may not have existed *shifty eyes*

Downloaded lots of playstation plus stuff but won't let me enter into welcome back 2 free game offer.

ben101 wrote: »
    Downloaded lots of playstation plus stuff but won't let me enter into welcome back 2 free game offer.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks can we keep all the welcome home package stuff to this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056271405

Can we leave this thread for anyone who may still be having password trouble etc...? We'll probably lock it in a day or two when everything is finally back to normal.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Crosáidí ,your a star!!!!
    Took about 3-4 go's(kept telling me there was no content) but worked eventually.

Varik wrote: »

It's been down for maintenance every now and then, but it worked for me this morning around 10 o clock. Keep trying at random times and you're bound to hit it at an online period, hopefully it'll be back to normal in a few days when the server pressure eases off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm trying to sign in through XMB after changing my password online and I'm getting the following message
    you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID

Anyone else having this problem?

I logged in earlier around 1 fine..

• Advertisement

I'm trying to sign in through XMB after changing my password online and I'm getting the following message

Anyone else having this problem?

Are you using a PSP? I had the exact same problem this morning, but if you go to account management, press triangle and delete account (it just removes the account from the PSP), and sign in again, it should work.

Advertisement