Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are you using a PSP? I had the exact same problem this morning, but if you go to account management, press triangle and delete account (it just removes the account from the PSP), and sign in again, it should work.

Not using a PSP, just trying to sign in the regular way through the PS3. I dunno what's up.. I've only got the one PSN account and e-mail address so there's no way I'm using the incorrect sign-in details..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Not using a PSP, just trying to sign in the regular way through the PS3. I dunno what's up.. I've only got the one PSN account and e-mail address so there's no way I'm using the incorrect sign-in details..

Hmm, there must be a conflict between accounts, but it's weird since you have one account. Maybe a friend of yours signed in using his account and it's set to sign in automatically, preventing your ability to sign in? If that's the case, you need to go to the Users section on the left, log out, then log into your profile and sign in at the PlayStation Network part on the right of the menu.

Hmm, there must be a conflict between accounts, but it's weird since you have one account. Maybe a friend of yours signed in using his account and it's set to sign in automatically, preventing your ability to sign in? If that's the case, you need to go to the Users section on the left, log out, then log into your profile and sign in at the PlayStation Network part on the right of the menu.

Thanks.. it's fine now. I'm signed in and downloading Wipeout HD :D

I'd say there was just some sort of delay in updating my password after I changed it.

If anyone's having problems changing their passwords on the PSN, you can also change it on the Qriocity site - http://www.qriocity.com/ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Haven't really posted much since this whole shambles started.

Seeing as I *thought* it was all fixed now, tried to log into the PS store, and guess what I get an error.

Quelle Suprise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Keep trying i'm downloading my 3rd game now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

bryanjf wrote: »
    Haven't really posted much since this whole shambles started.

Seeing as I *thought* it was all fixed now, tried to log into the PS store, and guess what I get an error.

Quelle Suprise

It is all fixed, there's just millions of people trying to download half a dozen gig worth of files from their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

One wonders how many PS3s are gonna overheat and die as a result of all this DLing and installing,felt sorry for mine earlier and turned it off for a few hours to give it a break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It is all fixed there's just millions of people trying to download half a dozen gig worth of files from their servers.

Generally means something is working again

it's not for me ergo it's still borked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

bryanjf wrote: »
    Generally means something is working again

it's not for me ergo it's still borked

There's only so much RAM you can put in Servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Oops it seems some hackers have had some success

http://pastebin.com/aXLkmNmR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Crosáidí wrote: »
    1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

This is not working for me. When i try and get into the services list, it just gives and error message.

I've logged out and back in, and still no luck.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

weiland79 wrote: »
    This is not working for me. When i try and get into the services list, it just gives and error message.

I've logged out and back in, and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Keep trying, the error you're getting is just because the store is overloaded. I got that error a couple of times too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When I try to get into the store I get an error message say "An error has occured (80710D36) Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

just keep trying, you will get in eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Aaaaaaaaaaaahh shiiiiite,left infamous downloading the last couple of hours,downloaded grand but turns out I don't have the space to install it,didn't realise it was over 7gb.what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Lads is there any other way to reset the password for the PSP?
    Every time I've tried to login here:

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

All I'm getting is down for maintenance.

Driving me crazy as my young lad is dying to get his 2 free games!:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BArra wrote: »
    just keep trying, you will get in eventually

Ya I got in eventually :)

celj wrote: »
    Lads is there any other way to reset the password for the PSP?
    Every time I've tried to login here:

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

All I'm getting is down for maintenance.

Driving me crazy as my young lad is dying to get his 2 free games!:(

You can reset it on the Qriocity site too.. that's what I done yesterday after having the same issue as yourself.

https://account.qriocity.com/pc/reg/account/forgot-password!input.action

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

How do you get the free games? When I go into the welcome back package only playstation plus comes up :confused::confused::confused:

How do you get the free games? When I go into the welcome back package only playstation plus comes up :confused::confused::confused:

1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

4. Select Services List
    Thanks a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

4. Select Services List

Are the free games available? My services list is empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's twice now I've downloaded infamous and it didnt install,I cleared 12gb this time and I got the same corrupt data message,what a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Never mind figured it out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Did you go to the Welcome Back section in the Store yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

I downloaded Infamous and Dead Nation for the PS3, now I have no downloads for the 2 free PSP games????

Any ideas!

billyboy01 wrote: »
    I downloaded Infamous and Dead Nation for the PS3, now I have no downloads for the 2 free PSP games????

Any ideas!

Happened me as well, but I found them on the PSP itself afterwards. They should be in the services list (but for some odd reason, it showed up as expired for me, so I just turned on my psp and got them from that instead).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

Happened me as well, but I found them on the PSP itself afterwards. They should be in the services list (but for some odd reason, it showed up as expired for me, so I just turned on my psp and got them from that instead).

Nothing in the PSP services either, and i bought the psp 2 years ago!
    Is there some register option I have to do to get my 2 psp games!

billyboy01 wrote: »
    Nothing in the PSP services either, and i bought the psp 2 years ago!
    Is there some register option I have to do to get my 2 psp games!

To get it showing up on my psp, I went to the store, and selected "latest" on the main menu (I think), saw the welcome back window and clicked on it right away and picked the games before they disappeared again! I think this should work. You have to buy the token (game 1), then confirm the game choice, and likewise with game 2. I think the games have to be chosen on the psp console in cases where the ps3 store wasn't actually used to buy psp-only games, I think that has something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So what are everyone's opinions on the free games? Which are the best to get (PS3)? I've already selected inFamous as I had always meant to buy it. I have 3 accounts though so I can get all of them, its just my download limit is blocking me. If I add them to my download list, I can just take them down slowly over the next couple of months. (Damn you Meteor 10gig limit!) Or I could see if any of my friends are accommodating enough to allow me to piggyback off them for a bit. :P

Advertisement