Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I never enjoy my morning runs much, but I enjoy the sensation of having already got my run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thats it, its a great feeling to have gotten the run done and you can continue with your day and the evening is free for any mischief you want to get up to :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

and the evening is free for any mischief you want to get up to :cool:
    Not much mischief tonight, unfortunately :(

Had a bit of a session planned for today - 15 mins easy, 3x1000m @ 5k race pace - 3 mins recovery, 15 mins easy. This wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. Reps were 4.41, 4.49, 5.01 - slowed down a bit in the last one as my stomach was giving the batsignal that it wanted no further part in this. Second one was pretty much the pace I wanted for all 3, so I went out a little hard in the first one. Walked the recoveries with my Garmin paused. Total distance covered 7.72km / 4.8 miles.

Went past 700 miles for the year yesterday morning too - might finally complete the 1000 mile challenge this year, at the third time of asking :rolleyes:

Plan for today - 70 minutes easy. Did 13.11km / 8.15 miles @ 9.51/mile average pace. Average HR 152 / max 192 (lolspike). Felt tougher than the runs over the same distance that I've done in the last few weeks, but I think I took quite a bit out of my legs with that session last night so that would probably explain it.

30.9 miles for the week - very happy to be over 30 miles :)

• Advertisement

As with everything in this log - one step forward, two steps back. Have been absolutely wrecked these last two days and am desperately hoping I'm not coming down with something. Run was pretty crap this evening - don't think I've ever been so tired after running less than 5 miles. 7.34km / 4.56 miles done, 10.19/mile average pace, average HR 149 / max 166, and all I want to do is pancake on the couch. :mad:

Have been absolutely wrecked these last two days and am desperately hoping I'm not coming down with something.
    After waking up for the third day in a row feeling crap, I decided to go to the doctor today and get checked out... swollen glands in my neck yet again so some sort of infection going on, she's put me on antibiotics (yet again). It never ends. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ugh that sucks. Are they taking swabs when you go in? Is it the same infection each time thats just not clearing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

That's a bummer. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Try flushing it out with very strong alcohol.:D

Aimman wrote: »
    Try flushing it out with very strong alcohol.:D

Hm, my antibiotic interacts with alcohol to make me very drowsy. I could just sleep it off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

New doctor required I reckon, if you brought a car to a mechanic and they didn't sort it on the third go, what would you do?

It's actually different doctors that I've been to each time. :eek:

It's actually different doctors that I've been to each time. :eek:

:(

Mr Slow wrote: »
    :(

My thoughts exactly. Pissed off at this stage.

(btw, if anyone has any recommendations for a runner-friendly GP in Dublin city centre, it would be appreciated)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

My thoughts exactly. Pissed off at this stage.

You mightnt think it but it could be worse as you've no big goal race coming up. Imagine you had entered Berlin when i said it to you in February, you'd have pulled out at least 3 times by now. Maybe set the Racepix 5k and Waterford half as your next goals, recover and move on.

Also the weather is sh*t these days and there's diamond league athletics on tonight :) poor attempt at cheering you up i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Also the weather is sh*t these days and there's diamond league athletics on tonight :) poor attempt at cheering you up i know

Dont forget Rieti on Saturday to. That track is basically WR central.:)

Maybe set the Racepix 5k and Waterford half as your next goals, recover and move on.

Heh, on current form I should be just about due another around of illness around the time of the Racepix 5k...

Heh, on current form I should be just about due another around of illness around the time of the Racepix 5k...

Surely by that stage your body will be so used to sickness that you will be immune and never be sick again. (Either that or we will find the root of the problems and tackle it hopefully)

ecoli wrote: »
    Surely by that stage your body will be so used to sickness that you will be immune and never be sick again. (Either that or we will find the root of the problems and tackle it hopefully)

Alternatively we could buy her a bell! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

New doctor required I reckon, if you brought a car to a mechanic and they didn't sort it on the third go, what would you do?

Get a new car.

• Advertisement

brownian wrote: »
    Get a new car.

In this scenario we are stuck with the oul banger and a patch up job is the only solution.:)

In this scenario we are stuck with the oul banger and a patch up job is the only solution.:)

Go eco and started running;)

Go eco and started running;)

Everyone is trying to ditch the car, can I remind you that the car is RK!

Ah lads, I'd like to think I'm not a clapped out oul banger...

Everyone is trying to ditch the car, can I remind you that the car is RK!

Better to refer to her as a runner than a clapped out aul banger. Though not possible at the moment still a better metaphor:D

Better to refer to her as a runner than a clapped out aul banger. Though not possible at the moment still a better metaphor:D

The analogy was to take the personal element out of the equation. Perhaps something along the lines of 'If you had a particular type of horse common to the subject's locality and it was temporarily lame.........':D

The analogy was to take the personal element out of the equation. Perhaps something along the lines of 'If you had a particular type of horse common to the subject's locality and it was temporarily lame.........':D

Heading down a slippery slope now as most lame horses get put down. I dont think RK is at the stage that we need to shoot her just yet:p

If this is a reference to what our lovely neighbours in Smithfield sell... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah jeez Missus, you're unfortunate. Hope the antibiotics don't knock you too much (and the lads don't put you down/write you off/trade you in ;))

• Advertisement

Heading down a slippery slope now as most lame horses get put down. I dont think RK is at the stage that we need to shoot her just yet:p

Agreed, some rest and a nose bag full of oats and she'll be out trotting around in traffic in no time :)
    If this is a reference to what our lovely neighbours in Smithfield sell... :mad:

Naturally we're talking about the closest those get to stallions, have you seen Hidalgo?

Advertisement