Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

^ You should have left it on page 40. A lot of us will be happy if we never see that image again :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A lot of us will be happy if we never see that image again :)
    Some of us have been waiting a very long time to see that, so we're enjoying the moment :pac:

Some of us have been waiting a very long time to see that, so we're enjoying the moment :pac:

Its the advice i gave them in the ice bath after the frank duffy that made all the difference i'd say ;)

Sure Limerick won it in 1884, we're ok :rolleyes:

Heard back from the doctor this morning - blood tests have shown that I'm anaemic, and need to supplement with iron and vitamin C. Also need to eat more red meat - steak for dinner tonight then!

Glad it's nothing more serious (or difficult to deal with) than that... should hopefully be able to ease back into some running this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Vitamin D levels OK? Might be an idea to start that as well to help build the immune system. Especially at this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

since you haven't been running, you might have missed the interview on last week's Marathon Talk. You should download the full interview from here (they didn't include it all on the show), it's all about blood donation, iron levels, what foods to avoid, that kind of thing.

Good news i guess. Avoid caffeine with the iron an hour before and after, i'm sure the doctor told you that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Good news i guess. Avoid caffeine with the iron an hour before and after, i'm sure the doctor told you that already.

Liver and onions for dinner, mmmmm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I always said that steak was the food of champions.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I always said that steak was the food of champions.

But you eat it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Glad to hear that the illness is not serious.

If you had to pick one illness to have then that one would be right on the money. Certainly wouldn't say no to a bit of the following:

argentine-beef.jpg

1876273-samba09b.jpg

cho-argentina-5-lg.jpg

I think a trip to South America could be the perfect cure! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I never understand why anyone would want to eat something that has blood pouring out of it...

I never understand why anyone would want to eat something that has blood pouring out of it...

You weren't watching the Late Late the other night then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I don't know if you're taking iron supplements RK? I used to take Spatone... easier on the tum. Hopefully you'll start to feel a difference in energy levels soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

:rolleyes: For the iron obviously

Because well-done steak is for heathens. :pac:

It's not blood anyway, just delicious juices. :D

Iron supplements (Galfer at least) have the same side effects as a night on the black stuff, be aware!

Because well-done steak is for heathens.

Here we go again...

It's not blood anyway, just delicious juices. :D

Fast forward to 12:00 -

Iron supplements (Galfer at least) have the same side effects as a night on the black stuff, be aware!

Ugh, Guinness farts (amongst other things) :eek:

• Advertisement

Ugh, Guinness farts (amongst other things) :eek:

Look out Xena! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

04072511 wrote: »
    1876273-samba09b.jpg
    I took inspiration from this and cooked roast beef for dinner. NYOM :D:cool:
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    Look out Xena! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    She'll be grand. :pac:

Decided to try out a short test run this evening. 15 minute run, never faster than about 6.30/km pace, felt like there was someone sitting on my chest by the end. :mad:

Suppose I can't bitch too much though, given that it's my first run in about two and a half weeks...

Took Xena to the park for a little spin today, kept it very gentle - including stopping to have a chat with a Cork guy who needed directions but then turned the conversation to GAA. Don't feel as bad now as I did after the run on Thursday thankfully, I think the 11 hours of sleep I had last night helped there...

Did another short run this evening, just around 15 minutes again. Thankfully my chest didn't feel as bad as it did on Thursday while running. Kept the pace very slow again, around 11 min/mile pace, feels like I did about 5-6 miles rather than a mile and a half though :eek:

Hadn't even tried to run in a few days - have been crazy busy in work this week and was feeling really crappy on Monday and Tuesday, but felt a little better today and decided to chance a short run this evening. Big mistake, felt like absolute crap the whole way around. Never felt like I could get my breath properly at all - I should never be feeling like that at around 7 min/km pace. Called it quits after around 15 minutes, a little over 2km covered.

Hadn't even tried to run in a few days - have been crazy busy in work this week and was feeling really crappy on Monday and Tuesday, but felt a little better today and decided to chance a short run this evening. Big mistake, felt like absolute crap the whole way around. Never felt like I could get my breath properly at all - I should never be feeling like that at around 7 min/km pace. Called it quits after around 15 minutes, a little over 2km covered.

Once you get your iron levels back up you'll be back riding Xena into the ground! :D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Once you get your iron levels back up you'll be back riding Xena into the ground! :D

And how ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Jeez RK you have really had a tough year of it. Hopefully now that you know what the problem might be, you will be back to yourself soon enough.

• Advertisement

Remember 5pm on Monday is the dealine for the DCM, we cant have you missing out now :)

Advertisement