Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plan for tonight - 10 mins easy, 1.5 mile tempo, 10 mins easy, 6x80m strides. Total distance covered 6.48km / 4.02 miles, average pace overall 9.17/mile. Average HR 166/max 184. Tempo section mostly at 5-5.20/km pace, which is where I'm kinda hoping to be on Monday though it'll probably be closer to the slower end of that! Enjoyed the session overall, even if there was a bit of a "Crap, I have to run another 7.6km at that pace next week? It's been a while, hope that race adrenaline is good ****!" at the end of the tempo segment! :pac:

Missed a couple of days due to trying to get stuff sorted for the apartment, but finally got back out late this evening. Plan was 1 mile warmup, 6x400 @ 10k pace with 100 jog recovery, 1 mile cooldown. Due to the location where I wanted to do the intervals, the 1 mile warmup and cooldown ended up being 2km in each case. I'm also a big eejit and read the 100 jog recovery as 1 min jog recovery! Anyway. Total distance covered 7.18km / 4.46 miles, average pace overall 9.57/mile. Intervals were slightly faster than 10k pace (I bloody wish 7.30/mile pace was 10k pace :mad: ), didn't strictly mean for that to happen!

Oddly enough, have had a mad longing for a swim for most of this week. Might go for one tomorrow morning. Or this could just be me procrastinating about packing up my stuff for moving :pac:

Oddly enough, have had a mad longing for a swim for most of this week. Might go for one tomorrow morning.
    And done, 1,500m swim this morning, and stopped into Hollingsworth afterwards to look at bikes. This makes it look an awful lot like I'm going to the dark side :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Nooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

And done, 1,500m swim this morning, and stopped into Hollingsworth afterwards to look at bikes. This makes it look an awful lot like I'm going to the dark side :eek:

I've been having some dark thoughts too this week. Looked at tri bikes this morning, thinking of getting on under the cycle to work scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Do it do it. You won't regret it!!! Until you find yourself doing 10 training sessions a week and you spend all your money on Lycra and bike stuff!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've had the flashy bike nearly two years and have so far managed not to do it. Only thing stopping me this year was the cost. Not having a car is a big help to not do it as you can't transport your bike to races easily without one. :pac:

Though I may or may not have turned up to a few training sessions with a tri club over the last two year...

Do it do it. You won't regret it!!! Until you find yourself doing 10 training sessions a week and you spend all your money on Lycra and bike stuff!!

Ah now, I haven't adopted the Cycling Look or the triathlete work ethic yet :pac:

That said, if I could replace my commute time with a swim at the Markievicz pool... (5 minutes walk from the new office) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

yet

I'll say no more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

next you'll be talking about joining a club....

• Advertisement

next you'll be talking about joining a club....

Ah now, give Ray a chance to get over the disappointment of me not joining the Knocklyon club first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Ah now, I haven't adopted the Cycling Look or the triathlete work ethic yet :pac:

^^^ :D

I've a bike rack, so yourself and racoon queen are more than welcome to take a lift from me to Bunclody next year. No excuses.

Bay 10k: DNF'd after 3km. Felt like absolute crap the whole time, and was struggling to hold any sort of pace at all. Should never have got out of bed this morning, tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Sorry to hear that J!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Sorry to hear that. Taking a quick glance over your recent log entries, though, it strikes me that maybe you might do worse than go a little easier on yourself.

"Moving house on Sunday, racing on Monday" was the key phrase that hit me:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Woddle wrote: »

I've a bike rack, so yourself and racoon queen are more than welcome to take a lift from me to Bunclody next year. No excuses.

If there was a smilie that would put across ''nananana not listening'', I would insert it here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

brownian wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Taking a quick glance over your recent log entries, though, it strikes me that maybe you might do worse than go a little easier on yourself.

"Moving house on Sunday, racing on Monday" was the key phrase that hit me:)

+1 to this. Don't let it get to you too much, take a few days rest and then get back out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Woddle wrote: »

Can you not fit them on the back seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Sorry to hear about the race. Chalk it up to a bad day, the next one will be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah crap. It was a tough one today. We were like a pair of aul wans on the start line, comparing our aches and pains! I'm with everyone else - chalk it up as a bad day. Hope the new abode helps you forget about today's crapness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Between coming back from injury and moving home, you've a lot going on so chalk it down as a bad day at the office.

See if you can put anything right from the build up to today that might have gone badly. That a far better thing to do than been too hard on yourself as then you intend to make up for it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Sorry to hear RK. If it's any consolation it was hell after 3k as well, so if you weren't feeling great, you were right to call it a day. Moving house is hard work. I needed a week to recover after I moved house! You'll pick yourself up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Aw J, so sorry to hear about the 10k. Just remember all the good advice you have often dished out here and apply it to yourself!
    Next race will be better.
    :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Next race will be better.
    :)

Bloody well hope so, haven't had a good race since Barca and that's nearly 5 months ago now!

I am kinda wondering if there is something left over from that bug just lingering around and being a little fecker...

And back on the road this morning. Couldn't face running yesterday, couldn't even look at my gear when I got home from work. Did some stretching, but apart from that it was just an evening of flopping on the couch. Decided to rectify matters by running early today, I'm not a morning person so if I ran to work then I'd still be too dopey to think about stuff on the way. Had to get creative along the way to bring the distance up a little, but anyway. 3.52 miles / 5.66km @ 10.25/mile average pace - aka "RK is not a morning person" pace :pac:

Hit 600 miles for the year today. Should have been there in May or June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Smile, take it easy on yourself and trun on dem pink socks deh next time you run, plus, now that you live in town you can wear your PJ's to the local shops so it's all good ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Smile, take it easy on yourself and trun on dem pink socks deh next time you run, plus, now that you live in town you can wear your PJ's to the local shops so it's all good ;)

Ah now, I didn't wear my PJs to the local shops when I lived in Dublin 24 so why would I wear them to the shops now? :pac:

Met up with my lovely tLL co-mods for coffee after work this evening, so it was just after 8.30 by the time I finally got out for a run. Plan was just for a 30-40 min easy run, so I headed up to the park. 7.24km / 4.5 miles, average pace 10.26/mile, average HR 151/max 169. Enjoyable run, but I'm a little worried by just how drained I'm feeling right now after a short, easy run...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi RK, i thought it was you as i was passing in the car along the avenue as you were running up it. Good to see you back on the roads running.

• Advertisement

Feck off rain.

Slept too late to get out for a run this morning before heading over to de mammy's, so had to go for my run after the rugby. Run started dry, rain started after 5 minutes, and only got heavier after that. :eek: Plan was for 30-40 minutes easy, did 6.13km / 3.81 miles @ 9.18/mile average pace. Average HR 164 / max 182. Slightly faster than intended, but rain tends to have that sort of effect on me! Will get a longer run (60-70 mins) in tomorrow in the park.

Finally got out to Wheelworx this morning too, and got another quote for a bike on the Bike to Work scheme. They have so many ways of separating me from the contents of my wallet there!

Advertisement