Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Agreed, some rest and a nose bag full of oats and she'll be out trotting around in traffic in no time :)

Naturally we're talking about the closest those get to stallions, have you seen Hidalgo?

Disgrace. Hildago didnt even make the cast list. Goes to show how appreciated us endurance athletes truly are:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

ecoli wrote: »
    Disgrace. Hildago didnt even make the cast list. Goes to show how appreciated us endurance athletes truly are:mad:

The poor oul nag, Hidalgo of course not RK ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

The poor oul nag, Hidalgo of course not RK ;)

I reckon they should have a sequel and this time Viggo Mortensen should carry they horse now that I would pay to see:D

ecoli wrote: »
    I reckon they should have a sequel and this time Viggo Mortensen should carry they horse now that I would pay to see:D

It's been made into a coat or a pair of boots by now so technically someone is! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Collected my bike today from Wheelworx. She's so very pretty. :D

• Advertisement

Collected my bike today from Wheelworx. She's so very pretty. :D

How do you know it's a girl? :)

A bike where the model name is Lexa couldn't be male. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Call her Xena the Warrior Princess.

William is booked in for some tender loving care tomorrow. :cool:

I like it :D

A good long, hard ride with Xena... ;)

A bike where the model name is Lexa couldn't be male. :pac:

He could be foreign!
    I like it :D

A good long, hard ride with Xena... ;)

Now you're talking, she's deteriorated though since she moved to Rome!

• Advertisement

Was at a "Yoga For Runners" workshop this afternoon. Lots of breathing work, stretching and hip-opening poses - twas great :D

Took the bike out for a very short spin yesterday evening too, just to test it out.

Took the bike out for a very short spin yesterday evening too, just to test it out.

How did he ride?

How did he ride?

She was fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck with the new wheels, hope you have many hours of fun with xena :D

Back at the doctor's this morning, got a round of blood tests done. Now to play the waiting game.

Took Xena out for another short, easy spin tonight, given that I'm still getting used to the bike again after not cycling for 12 years (and it was an old mountain bike then, Xena is my first proper road bike) it's quite self-limiting at the moment. She's lovely though. :D

Going to try a very short run tomorrow and see how I feel.

Took Xena out for another short, easy spin tonight, given that I'm still getting used to the bike again after not cycling for 12 years (and it was an old mountain bike then, Xena is my first proper road bike) it's quite self-limiting at the moment.He's lovely though. :D

Going to try a very short run tomorrow and see how I feel.

FYP :P

Providing it's not windy, William will be attending the half on Saturday - going to take him for a spin post race/pre ryan if Xena wants to join him.

Providing it's not windy, William will be attending the half on Saturday - going to take him for a spin post race/pre ryan if Xena wants to join him.

Sounds good to me :)

You're ignoring me now :(

I'm sorry, Xena is without doubt the hottest girly bike around, we're all so envious that only you get to ride her!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

RK if you become a triathlete i'm excommunicating you, same goes for the rest of you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

May i say that Xena and its owner sped by me down Chesterfield Avenue this evening. All i could see was a blurb so can't comment on it apart from its fast.

Not a bad name for a bike but not as good as Hurrican. Well wear by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

William is booked in for some tender loving care tomorrow. :cool:

Ladies the naming of the bikes thing has to stop, its getting a little disturbing.

tunguska wrote: »
    Ladies the naming of the bikes thing has to stop, its getting a little disturbing.

But William is the best ride I've...

Maybe I shouldn't go there. :pac:

This is absolutely taking the piss at this stage. Finished antibiotics yesterday. Woke up this morning with a few sniffles, now the glands in my neck are swollen (and rather painful) again. New body please, this one is crocked. :(

This is absolutely taking the piss at this stage. Finished antibiotics yesterday. Woke up this morning with a few sniffles, now the glands in my neck are swollen (and rather painful) again. New body please, this one is crocked. :(

Late 20's you see! Gargle Solpadeine for relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Late 20's you see! Gargle Solpadeine for relief!

Yep late 20's it must be, the body naturally breaks down cause your over the hill :p. Gonna milk that one for the next 3 weeks

Just gonna leave this here.

00050180189r.jpg

:D

Still not back running (or cycling), the cold is still there. Made a big pot of Tom Yum soup this evening in an attempt to burn it out of me. Mmm, chillies. Given that I've run once in the last fortnight, I can safely say at this stage that Rathfarnham won't be happening. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Jez you're having a rough time RK. Hopefully this week will see you getting back on your feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just gonna leave this here.

00050180189r.jpg

:D

Still not back running (or cycling), the cold is still there. Made a big pot of Tom Yum soup this evening in an attempt to burn it out of me. Mmm, chillies. Given that I've run once in the last fortnight, I can safely say at this stage that Rathfarnham won't be happening. :(

What a lovely photograph......so kind of you to share it with us all.

Sorry to hear you're not well.

Advertisement