Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Slept too late to get out for a run this morning before heading over to de mammy's,

You really have to start washing your own clothes now that you're a grown up! :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You really have to start washing your own clothes now that you're a grown up! :P

Actually, the reason why I went home for the weekend was the sheer volume of sport on TV, combined with the lack of TV in my apartment! I do my own washing here.

Really enjoyed my run this evening once I finally got out - plan for this evening was 60-70 minutes easy, did 12.07km / 7.5 miles @ 9.50/mile average pace. Average HR 156 / max 175. Really enjoyed this, felt stronger today than I've felt in a good while. Broke in the bright blue Kayanos too, after leaving the white and pink ones in my mum's because they got absolutely saturated in the rain yesterday.

I unfortunately now have the slight problem that I forgot to put the immersion on before my run, and since it's been off for the weekend I've got to wait ages for my shower :mad:

Actually, the reason why I went home for the weekend was the sheer volume of sport on TV, combined with the lack of TV in my apartment! I do my own washing here.

A likely story, what did Mammy make you for your dinner?

I unfortunately now have the slight problem that I forgot to put the immersion on before my run, and since it's been off for the weekend I've got to wait ages for my shower :mad:

Betcha Mammy's immersion is on! :P:pac:

A likely story, what did Mammy make you for your dinner?
    They didn't bother cooking, so it was cold meats, antipasto veg, olives and lots of crusty bread at half-time in the Dublin-Tyrone match. :pac:
    Betcha Mammy's immersion is on! :P:pac:
    Mammy has a power shower so doesn't need to worry about such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The question is why is Mr Slow trying to drive poor RK out of her new palace in town, back to the sticks :)

• Advertisement

The question is why is Mr Slow trying to drive poor RK out of her new palace in town, back to the sticks :)

I'm simply shining a light on RK pretending to be out there fending for herself with Mammy still doing all the work and providing all the amenities required for modern living.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

he's jealous that he'll be missing the party after the 10 miler

RayCun wrote: »
    he's jealous that he'll be missing the party after the 10 miler

I'll see you at the Half! ;)

The state we're going to leave her apartment in, we won't be invited back for the half :pac:

The state we're going to leave her apartment in, we won't be invited back for the half :pac:

Disgraceful suggestion from the mod of this forum :pac:

• Advertisement

Knowing Ray, he'll redecorate and then sort out your Feng Shui!;)

I'll be bringing the coke and hookers

I knew it, the sports mods kept all the good stuff for themselves :pac:

That's no way to describe Vagga and Claralara! :pac:

Should I even ask what the mods on your forums get? :D

Should I even ask what the mods on your forums get? :D

Coke and free sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

My precious. :)

trek-lexa-s.jpg

Welcome to the dark side, I'll let you know when the triathlon clubs training starts up for the winter!!!

^ Cheeky :p:pac:

Plan for this evening - 45 mins easy. Did 7.3km / 4.53 miles @ 9.53/mile average pace, average HR 154/max 171. Enjoyed that, it's nice to get up to the park after a day cooped up in the office.

Now to tuck into some lovely beef and red wine casserole courtesy of my slow cooker :D

Now to tuck into some lovely beef and red wine casserole courtesy of my slow cooker :D

Show a bit of respect for the woman who brought you into this world! :pac:

Plan for this evening - 1 mile warm-up, 10x200 w/200 jog recovery, 1 mile cooldown. Warmup and cooldown were slightly longer than intended, but meh. Was aiming for 1 minute for each 200m interval. Splits were 55, 60, 62, 58, 58, 57, 54, 54, 55, 52. Pretty happy with that in general, didn't feel horrible at any stage despite the fact that I'd felt pretty meh in work today. Total distance covered 7.76km / 4.82 miles, average pace overall 9.32/mile, average HR 153 / max 179.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

^ Cheeky :p:pac:

Plan for this evening - 45 mins easy. Did 7.3km / 4.53 miles @ 9.53/mile average pace, average HR 154/max 171. Enjoyed that, it's nice to get up to the park after a day cooped up in the office.

Show off! ;)

Another 45 minute easy run planned for this evening - and that's pretty much exactly what I did. 7.38km / 4.58 miles @ 10.06/mile average pace. Average HR 155/max 176. Not much to report here, it did help though to cure the major grumpy mood I was in due to dealing with a rather illogical courier company earlier.

No running today but a half day from work, so off to the pool after doing a bit of shopping this afternoon (picked up some nice Altura bike shorts half price in Cyclelogical). Did 1,500m in the pool in around 41-42 minutes, very happy with that. Wasn't so happy about the d*£^%£$&d in my lane though who insisted on holding everyone else up for a few minutes by swimming extremely slow breaststroke when he should have been in the casual lane. :mad:

No running today but a half day from work, so off to the pool after doing a bit of shopping this afternoon (picked up some nice Altura bike shorts half price in Cyclelogical). Did 1,500m in the pool in around 41-42 minutes, very happy with that. Wasn't so happy about the d*£^%£$&d in my lane though who insisted on holding everyone else up for a few minutes by swimming extremely slow breaststroke when he should have been in the casual lane. :mad:

New bike, bike shorts, and swimming in a run log? You sure you're only a runner??

And anyone who swims regularly has to deal with idiots in the wrong lane. A bit of underwater violence usually does the trick. Agressiveness is incouraged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

New bike, bike shorts, and swimming in a run log? You sure you're only a runner??

And anyone who swims regularly has to deal with idiots in the wrong lane. A bit of underwater violence usually does the trick. Agressiveness is incouraged!!

Dont be putting those eveil thoughts in her head running through and through its strictly cross training:D

You'll laugh at the name of this then :pac: (was thinking of getting one for storing my bike inside my apartment)

Also, last time I checked, I hadn't entered a tri, so I'm still a runner :pac:

You'll laugh at the name of this then :pac: (was thinking of getting one for storing my bike inside my apartment)

Also, last time I checked, I hadn't entered a tri YET, so I'm still a runner :pac:

FYP

That looks like a good job that stand. You could hang your wetsuit from the otherside!! Could do with one in our place, there's 4 bikes in the apartment.

You could hang your wetsuit from the otherside!!

What's this wetsuit thing you speak of? Don't need one of them for a bit of cross-training down at the Markievicz after work :pac:

What's this wetsuit thing you speak of? Don't need one of them for a bit of cross-training down at the Markievicz after work :pac:

Speaking of which, whats Markievicz like after work these days? Havent swam there in months but need to find somewhere in town on Monday eve and it's the closest. Last time I was there we had a teenage breast-stroker in the fast lane. Never went back!

• Advertisement

Busy enough at 5.30 this evening, about 5-6 in each lane. Apart from the aforementioned rather annoying chap, lane discipline wasn't too bad - but there were a couple of times where there was a whole bunch of people at the wall in the shallow end and it made it hard to kick off. We're moving office on Monday to D'Olier Street, I have no excuse for not swimming more often :pac:

Advertisement