Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plan for tonight - 50 minutes easy. Did 8.1km / 5.03 miles, average pace 9.53/mile. Had been having a very dozy day today - slept later than intended, and just felt like I needed a ton of caffeine all day to keep me awake. Was seriously expecting tonight's run to end up being at recovery pace again. Felt better once I got going though, and just kept it nice and steady. Thankfully the threatened rain held off too, lovely cool evening tonight for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Plan for tonight - 50 minutes easy. Did 8.1km / 5.03 miles, average pace 9.53/mile. Had been having a very dozy day today - slept later than intended, and just felt like I needed a ton of caffeine all day to keep me awake. Was seriously expecting tonight's run to end up being at recovery pace again. Felt better once I got going though, and just kept it nice and steady. Thankfully the threatened rain held off too, lovely cool evening tonight for a run.

yeah, I went earlier around 4oc and it was so breezy. You're back in business I see! Nice running

jcsmum wrote: »
    You're back in business I see! Nice running

Thanks, hopefully I can get a decent stretch of training together now! Should be over 30 miles for this week by Sunday, only my second 30+ mile week since Barca...

Hill reps on my schedule this evening. Fun times. :pac: 15 mins easy, 8x 1 min reps, jog back down to recover, 15 mins easy. This wasn't easy at all, tbh! Total distance covered 7.4km / 4.6 miles, overall average pace 10.30/mile (skewed by a relatively high proportion of recovery pace running). Funny how that hill has a way of reminding me that it's been a while since I last dragged my fat ass up it... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks, hopefully I can get a decent stretch of training together now! Should be over 30 miles for this week by Sunday, only my second 30+ mile week since Barca...

Nice to see you back. Now that you have got the money off brian, you must be really thinking of doing DCM again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nice to see you back. Now that you have got the money off brian, you must be really thinking of doing DCM again :pac:

LOL, Its gonna cost her 40 plus the entry to do it, doubt it.

menoscemo wrote: »
    you must be really thinking of doing DCM again :pac:
    I'm really not! Part of me is seeing all the group LSRs happening and wishing I could join in, the other side accepted a long time ago that there wouldn't be another marathon in 2011. Need to get faster anyway before I do another one! It's going to be just 5k-10k for the next while, and trying to build a strong base. I haven't really had more than 6 weeks of uninterrupted training in a long time, I could really do with getting a nice boring stretch of good training done.
    LOL, Its gonna cost her 40 plus the entry to do it, doubt it.
    Money isn't the issue :pac:

Very easy recovery run today, just over 4km at outside 7 min/km average pace. 8 days in a row of running... :eek:

Was stupid enough to leave my keys at home too. Ended up being stuck outside my house for an hour and it turned out that my sister was in bed, too hung over to move, the whole time. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I can't believe you're not doing DCM. I think maybe closer to the time you might..... ;)

I can't believe you're not doing DCM. I think maybe closer to the time you might..... ;)

Honestly? Not a chance. I'll probably have a few days closer to it when I wish I was doing it, but when I see ye all staggering painfully to the pub afterwards I'll know I made the right decision. :D

Ended up taking a couple of days off. Had a bit of a niggle in my right hip/glute, and I was going to Croker on Sunday to watch the Dubs. Moral of the story: Strengthening exercises are for life, not just for Christmas. I reckon it's 99% down to the fact that I did basically no accessory work when I was off the road for 3 weeks with that bug. The niggle had almost disappeared by today thanks to the little bit of rest and a really good stretchout last night, so back to business. 45 minutes easy was on my schedule, and that's what I did. 7.5km / 4.66 miles @ 9.49/mile average pace. Average HR 156 / max 173. Didn't notice it much during the run, will see now how it behaves this evening...

• Advertisement

Fail run is fail. :(

Missed my run yesterday, was viewing an apartment and it took longer than I thought, and I was absolutely starving when I got home at around 9. Was supposed to be viewing another apartment tonight, but the fcuking estate agent never turned up. :mad: All of this plus the trek home meant that it was nearly 9 by the time I was heading out for my run, and I'd only had a cup of coffee since lunchtime. Mistake trying to do yesterday's session (20 min easy, 15 tempo, 20 easy) then! Got about halfway through the tempo and just couldn't hold the pace at all, hadn't the slightest bit of energy there. Decided to just run the 15 minutes home at easy-recovery pace (about 10.30/mile) at that stage. Thankfully the hip niggle was behaving itself, going to get it looked at next week though and I think it's time for a bit of sports massage anyway. Total distance covered 6.73km / 4.18 miles, average pace 10.05/mile.

*sigh*

At least you went out despite the late hour, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Are you leaving Firhouse?

Are you leaving Firhouse?
    Yup, looking for something near the Phoenix Park.

Would that not be considered 'cheating'. ;)

Would that not be considered 'cheating'. ;)

I prefer to think of it as "practical" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Oooh would your new place have a spare room or a couch that a country bumpkin (i.e. moi!) might be able to come visit and maybe run with ye'all in the big smoke sometime:D

Bally8 wrote: »
    Oooh would your new place have a spare room or a couch that a country bumpkin (i.e. moi!) might be able to come visit and maybe run with ye'all in the big smoke sometime:D

Quite possibly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dont worry about missing the odd day and having to pack in sessions. Life comes into play here and you need to take it into account. May be a blessing in disguise with the hip;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Bally8 wrote: »

If i'm not using it yeah your more than welcome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

So we can all pile back there instead of Ryans after races? Excellent :D

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    So we can all pile back there instead of Ryans after races? Excellent :D
    If i'm not using it yeah your more than welcome :p

Looks like I'm going to need a bigger apartment than I can afford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Nice to finally chat with ya for a bit today.

See you for the 10 miler.

remember - Brians gets NO couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Hey- thanks for giving me the goodie bag yesterday- you didn't recognise me!
    If you were to head down to Knocklyon Runners you'd have no such difficulty.

Seriously though thanks for helping out- am sure that the event wouldn't go ahead withuot the volunteers

Missed the last couple of days too - was viewing an apartment on Friday evening, and was otherwise occupied all day yesterday between volunteering at the 5 mile (hoping for some good running karma) and drinking. Finally dragged my lethargic hungover ass out the door at about 6.30 this evening after spending the day on the couch watching bogball. 10km / 6.22 miles @ 10.04/mile average pace, felt better as the run went on and the cider got sweated out. Hip was behaving itself too, thankfully. I'd still like to get a sports massage at some stage next week though just to keep everything running smoothly.

W.B. Yeats - Knocklyon Runners aren't going to be my local club for much longer, it'll be Donore soon :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

W.B. Yeats - Knocklyon Runners aren't going to be my local club for much longer, it'll be Donore soon :pac:

I'll let the boss know you're coming. :cool:

I'll let the boss know you're coming. :cool:

Never said I was joining, just that Donore would be my local club once I move :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Missed the last couple of days too - was viewing an apartment on Friday evening, and was otherwise occupied all day yesterday between volunteering at the 5 mile (hoping for some good running karma) and drinking. Finally dragged my lethargic hungover ass out the door at about 6.30 this evening after spending the day on the couch watching bogball. 10km / 6.22 miles @ 10.04/mile average pace, felt better as the run went on and the cider got sweated out. Hip was behaving itself too, thankfully. I'd still like to get a sports massage at some stage next week though just to keep everything running smoothly.

I'll sound like a stalker now but think I saw you this evening, running past Faughs GAA around 7.00. I had just been to Tymon for a short recovery run with the dog. I beeped the horn but think you were wearing headphones.

I hear Donore have excellent groups!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never said I was joining, just that Donore would be my local club once I move :pac:

You're closer to Liffey Valley anyway, but we're cooler than them. :cool:

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    I'll sound like a stalker now but think I saw you this evening, running past Faughs GAA around 7.00. I had just been to Tymon for a short recovery run with the dog. I beeped the horn but think you were wearing headphones.

That would have been me, and yeah I was wearing headphones. I was wondering who it was that was beeping at me just before I was heading into Tymon Park for a lap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

So did you get the new crib sorted?

Advertisement